Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 08-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
2010 Black 1SS with some mods

Like many others, unfortunately, the needs of the family are becoming more important than me keeping my pride and joy. I've had my Camaro since March 2010 and she has 17k miles on her. She's been garage kept and has never seen snow. I'm close to being OCD about how my car looks so, I keep her pretty much spotless. I use the two bucket wash system and Adam's line of car care products including the Porter Cable machine polisher. I've had the side gills repainted/clearcoated and clear bra applied for protection. I currently have a Colgan bra on the front end for protection. I always use Premium fuel (usually 93) and I always change the oil with Mobile1.

As for mods, here's a list.

Performance:
CAI brand cold air intake
ported throttle body
Stainless Works headers w/offroad pipe to factory exhaust
Jannetty tune

Audio
Added steering wheel controls
Added PDIM (there's a new head unit but PDIM still there)
Metra kit for Camaro (painted black)
Pioneer 3300BT double-din head unit
Kicker component 6.5" speakers (fronts)
Kicker 6x9 speakers (rears)
Custom ******** enclosure for single, front-firing 12" square sub
Kicker 12" Solo-baric L7 sub
Kicker 400W sub amp (rated @475W) w/ remote bass control knob

Appearance
Side louvres painted to match body
Replaced front bowtie with black one
Added black vinyl to rear bowtie and SS badges
Black reflective vinyl added to CAMARO lettering
AAC Knight Rider light in mailslot
AAC footwell lighting (blue)
Stock polished aluminum wheels painted black/clearcoated
Colgan bra for front end
Clear bra on side gills
20% tint on windows w/8" strip on windshield
Blacked out tail lights/side markers with 20% tint
Door panels/dash trim replaced with gloss black fabric
CarID gloss black overlay kit
Custom (by me) engine cover ***see pic***

As you can see, I've spent a fair amount of time and money customizing this vehicle. There's nothing too specialized. Basically, it's just been blacked out/murdered out with a few performance modifications. I don't have a dyno sheet to give you a hp number. I would guess 50hp over stock but, that's just a guess. She's very quick. I can assure you of that.

PRICE***

I'm going to offer two price options. I'm asking $29,750 as-is, with all the mods. However, I've kept the factory audio components as well as factory exhaust manifold. If a potential buyer wants a cheaper price or simply just want something (mostly) stock, I can remove the metra kit, double-din head unit, upgraded speakers, sub/amp, headers, and tune... and drop the price to $28k. I'll leave in the ported throttle body and cold air intake regardless($550 value). I've seen dealers with used SS Camaros asking $32k for them and those are stock with 25k+ miles. I figure the price I'm asking for mine with some mods was fair. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure. Any questions... feel free to ask, either on here or through PM. I can call to speak with you over the phone as well, just PM me your #.

2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.

Last edited by Darth Martel; 08-15-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
sorry to hear Darth, good luck with the sale
Old 08-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
sorry to hear Darth, good luck with the sale
+1
Old 08-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

thanks guys... I love the Darthmobile but, wifey is wanting a mini-Darth. Those little buggers are expensive.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
SinisterOne

Drives: 2011 Blacked Out SS
you considered taking anything back to stock? I have a blacked out 1SS as well, I was at the Hare show last month and see you there
SinisterOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Yes, I'd take everything I could back to stock if a buyer wanted. The only things I can't take back to stock are the wheels, ported throttle body, engine cover, and door/dash trim. If a different color/fabric was wanted on the dash trim I could see what I could do there as well. Typically, that's inexpensive and not too difficult to do.

I'm trying to remember who you are. Were you the guy I was talking to about upgrading your audio and what it would take to get it done? Glad you got on the site man. Lots of info on here. Let me know what you need help with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterOne View Post
you considered taking anything back to stock? I have a blacked out 1SS as well, I was at the Hare show last month and see you there
Old 08-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Are those LED's in your engine cover?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73camarolt View Post
Are those LED's in your engine cover?
Sure are. Actually it's 2 Knight Rider strips I custom installed and they are linked together. Was actually a fairly cheap mod.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #9
73camarolt

Do you happen to have any more pics of it. I have an extra engine cover laying around. Trying to think of some ideas.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #10
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Actually I can do you one better... youtube vid.

Don't mind the music... We listen to the radio at work.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
73camarolt

That thing is awesome! Where do you buy the lights?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #12
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

got them off of ebay from some vendor out of China. I got them awhile ago but, as I recall they were around $20 per strip. They had to be shortened though because the strips were too long. I was able to do that. That's not something everybody can do.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #13
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I've dropped the price a $1,000 to hopefully get some more response. I just placed it on autotrader.com but, still giving the Camaro5 family first opportunity to purchase.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #14
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Your Metra-kit and In dash, are those up for grab?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote