Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-21-2020, 07:32 AM   #15
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Dont have a Z/28 but I have the LPE spring. I was having the clutch drop issue when launching the car hard. Fixed the issue.

If I recall correctly the image in the instructions was a little bit different and I did have to bend the loop of the spring out a ways. I believe I pinched the spring back afterwards. It does add a little weight to the pedal but it isnt bad at all.
Old 05-14-2023, 11:21 AM   #16
Gouki

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Just to add, I was having problem with my clutch pedal on my Z28 not returning after high rpm down shifts (heel and toe rev matching). I described the issue to the Chevrolet dealer where I purchased the car, since it was under warranty the dealership changed the clutch pedal assembly as there was a TSB relating to this. However, this did not fix the issue whereas installation of the LPE spring did. There is obviously an underlying issue with respect to the clutch mechanism itself, but this was a good band aid.
Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 10:25 PM   #17
Gouki

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Another follow up here, I took the car back to the supplying Chevrolet dealer citing that the repair with the clutch pedal assembly did not work.

Paperwork is as follows:

"Concern: replace slave cylinder and clutch assembly, advised customer clutch is designed to stay down after heavy use, may still occur after repairs.

Correction: A55+ removed and replaced flywheel clutch plate and pressure plate, pilot bearing, and slave cylinder, bleeded clutch system replaced exh seals and exh clamps, topped off fluids test drove vehicle and checked ok, note found rear main housing seal leaking, rec resealing, replaced rear main cover housing rechecked ok at this time."

Total bill was $3,718.33 for all parts and labor.

Will report back if this fixes the issue.

Fingers crossed!
Gouki is offline   Reply With Quote