Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: Shifting into 2nd gear on your V6 M6?
Periodic / Regular Grind 194 45.97%
Periodic / Regular Bind 89 21.09%
No Issue 139 32.94%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #1303
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
Yeah my customer service expereience was not so good either. Jeff are you still paying attention do you see how many of us are not satisfied?????
ponbigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #1304
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Now they are saying that the synchronizers are a wear item what the hell is going on with with company is everything a wear item?
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #1305
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Now they are saying that the synchronizers are a wear item what the hell is going on with with company is everything a wear item?
I believe he has to prove that it was driver abuse, he trying to get out of fixing the problem. As for a wear item it clearly states that any internal lubricated part is covered under the powertrain warranty. Either way, wearable parts have a 12k warranty. If they still claim its a wearable part despite what the GM powertain warranty states let them know you have no problem with speaking to the better business bureau and one of their lawyers.

Covered for 100,000 Miles/5 years*
Chevrolet will warrant each 2007 through 2011 model year Chevrolet passenger car, light-duty truck, crossover or van for 100,000 miles/160,000 kilometers or 5 years (whichever comes first; see dealer for details) with no deductible, from the original in-service date of the vehicle, for warrantable repairs that are required as a result of defects due to material and/or workmanship to the powertrain components as listed below:

Transmission/Transaxle/Transfer Case
Case, all internal lubricated parts, torque converter, transfer case, transmission/transaxle mounts, transmission/transaxle mounts, seals and gaskets.

Transmission/Transaxle: 2010 Chevrolet vehicles
All internally lubricated parts, case, torque converter, mounts, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transmission/transaxle. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transmission (slave cylinder, etc.). Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transmission cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors. Also excluded are clutch and pressure plate as well as any Transmission Control Module and/or module programming.

Transfer Case: 2010 Chevrolet vehicles
All internally lubricated parts, case, mounts, seals and gaskets as well as any electrical components internal to the transfer case. Also covered are any actuators directly connected to the transfer case as well as encoder motor. Exclusions: Excluded from the powertrain coverage are transfer case cooling lines, hoses, radiator, sensors, wiring and electrical connectors as well as the transfer case control module and/or module programming.

Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #1306
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Took a drive with the transmission guy at my local dealership. Long story short - I was told to cut a hair off my shift time. Let the synchro do its work... dont jam the shifter in there. I dont know what to believe anymore... I was told "youll end up fine ultimately, when something does fail. These cars have a 100k 5 year powertrain warranty... when something does fail it will be covered." I tried to explain to them that this grind happening... 12+ times since ive owned it... HAS to be shaving something off. Metal shavings dont sound healthy, as HEALTHY as a grind in general. He assured me if something did fail, it would be covered. I want to believe... but all the internet is good for nowadays is horror stories. What about the people who havent had this problem. I am torn between what I feel is wrong and not performing as intended, and my improper shifting... etc etc... Sorry guys... been a long day. -.-''''

I dont know what to say anymore... maybe I am just "noob" when it comes to manual. I had a 94' ford probe 5spd 4 cyl... I could shift it however I wanted it would perform. Maybe I need to understand this car isnt a 4cyl... it puts out way more torque... esp post 5-5.5k RPMS.

I also second guess and wonder though... can this many of us be wrong? Something has to be askew....
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #1307
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
There is no doubt a problem with this transmission, period. Even if you shift it easy, it still binds going into second every time. That is not a driving style problem. Since he stated to drive it and if it breaks they will stand behind it, make him put that in writting on the service ticket from today and put it in your service record on the car. You do not want him coming back later and stating it was driving style that broke the transmission. I have been lucky thus far and even if I run her pretty hard through first I only get the slight bind going into second. I'm sort of babying it for now since it my daily driver and I'd really rather not drive some minivan loaner car again for a week (that's antoher story). I keep hoping GM will figure out a real fix and issue a service bulletin so I can then get it fixed once and for all.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:56 PM   #1308
carls2010

Drives: 2006 Corvette
c_lo ,, your getting the shaft,-- i would be on the phone with gm ripping thier ass.--As a chrysler employee and them saying wearable item is a bunch of b, shit.-And they will and or would get paid to fix it even if trans has been replaced, and or fixed before .It could be fixed three times and its still up to them to fix as its the trans fault not driver.--you got to keep on gm ,,and let the dealer know your gonna.--Tell them gm will be contacting them and it might put a scare into them.-----WEARABLE ITEM MY A.. --them saying that is like me saying ,,, AND i got a 10 inch ...k
carls2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #1309
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
File complaints...

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/portable/index.cfm
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #1310
Gman1135

Drives: 2011 Camaro,2SS,RS,M6
Add me to the list..
Gman1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #1311
dougpaw57

Drives: 2011 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to dougpaw57 Send a message via Skype™ to dougpaw57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman1135 View Post
Add me to the list..
If you have an SS, you're signing up for the wrong list.
dougpaw57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #1312
Gman1135

Drives: 2011 Camaro,2SS,RS,M6
Yes I see that now just got back from the dealer and pissed off
Gman1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #1313
dougpaw57

Drives: 2011 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to dougpaw57 Send a message via Skype™ to dougpaw57
Well today is the two month anniversary of me trading my 2010 2LT M6 in on a 2011 Ford F-150. I've still been subscribed to this thread in the hopes that GM would come to the aid of Aisen owners. I guess that just isn't going to happen. It's a damn shame that the Camaro was such a great car let down by substandard hardware. Everyone I told my plight to said that's what you get for buying a POS GM American car, you should have bought a Toyota. I then had to explain that my American GM car was fine except for the POS Japanese transmission. Even though I no longer have my Camaro, I was hoping that somebody at GM would help you guys out. Maybe the NHTSA route will work because I think that GM is now starting to take the stance that it's the owners fault as opposed to there's nothing wrong with the transmissions. Anyway, I wish you guys all the best and maybe I'll read in the news that GM is going to fix defective Camaro transmissions. Later!
dougpaw57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #1314
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
So where are the TSBs for the issues. I had my car in and the service writer told me there where 7 TSBs for the V6 trans but none of them covered my issues.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #1315
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
So where are the TSBs for the issues. I had my car in and the service writer told me there where 7 TSBs for the V6 trans but none of them covered my issues.
Most of them were for the clutch pressure plate falling apart due to the guy on the line not tightening the screws. One is for the shaft falling apart on V8s.
And one is basically saying if the tranny shifts hard is due to the user and the tranny is running fine.
Look'em up on safercar.gov.
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #1316
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
Most of them were for the clutch pressure plate falling apart due to the guy on the line not tightening the screws. One is for the shaft falling apart on V8s.
And one is basically saying if the tranny shifts hard is due to the user and the tranny is running fine.
Look'em up on safercar.gov.
Make : CHEVROLETModel : CAMAROYear : 2011Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS LLC Service Bulletin Number : PI-0320Date of Bulletin : DEC 01, 2010NHTSA Item Number : 10037895 Component : POWER TRAIN:MANUAL TRANSMISSIONSummary :
GM: THERE ARE COMPLAINTS OF CERTAIN GEARS NOT WORKING OR NO REVERSE. THERE IS ALSO A POSSIBILITY OF TWO INTERNAL TROUBLE CODES. *RM Make : CHEVROLETModel : CAMAROYear : 2011Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS LLC Service Bulletin Number : PI-0320Date of Bulletin : DEC 01, 2010NHTSA Item Number : 10037895 Component : POWER TRAIN:MANUAL TRANSMISSIONSummary :
GM: THERE ARE COMPLAINTS OF CERTAIN GEARS NOT WORKING OR NO REVERSE. THERE IS ALSO A POSSIBILITY OF TWO INTERNAL TROUBLE CODES. *RM Make : CHEVROLET
Model : CAMARO
Year : 2011
Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS LLC

Service Bulletin Number : PI-0320
Date of Bulletin : DEC 01, 2010
NHTSA Item Number : 10037895

Component : POWER TRAIN:MANUAL TRANSMISSION
Summary :
GM: THERE ARE COMPLAINTS OF CERTAIN GEARS NOT WORKING OR NO REVERSE. THERE IS ALSO A POSSIBILITY OF TWO INTERNAL TROUBLE CODES. *RM

Tags
ay6, bind, grind, repair, swap