Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #1541
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
Great! I leave Canada on the 17th and not sure if the shop is open on that weekend when I fly in to pick up the car or if its gonna be ready. If so, I plan on making one of the events. Probably not the 808camaros because I think you need to make a payment and not willing to do that if I dont know for sure if I can make it. I'll check out KRP, but best bet would be Kapolei High School since I know I can make that one even if I dont have a car. Might taxi to that event to support the cause.

Taz
So when's the car gonna be done?
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #1542
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
So when's the car gonna be done?
Oops my bad typing. I leave on August 5th and return on August 17th. I'm hoping the car will be done by the time I get back. But with all custom builds of this size, things can go wrong or something unexpected comes up. I know they will require custom piping for the turbos so will be alot of bending pipes for it to fit correctly. So besides pulling and installing the engine, they have to install the air cooler, transmission upgraded parts, driveshaft, axle, 9' conversion kit, install the 2 fuel pumps as well as braking in the rear gears and tuning the engine. I figure thats gonna take at a minimum 2 weeks, but probably more.

It didnt take long, but all the performance parts have been sold. The only thing that might still be for sale is the engine, but I already have someone interested in purchasing it. Just waiting for confirmation.

Taz
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #1543
sting808

Taz,

You mentioned you were interested in a performance driving school. evoschool.com will be here the Holiday weekend of Jan 19. 3-day event at the stadium. You use your own car so it will get "tested".

Phase 1, Phase 2, and Challenge are scheduled for the 3-days. You don't need to do all 3-days, but you must compete each phase to go on to the next one or even Challenge on the last day.

Tentative pricing is set and sccahawaii.org is taking pre-signups. PM me on pricing if your interested.

Quote:
Oops my bad typing. I leave on August 5th and return on August 17th. I'm hoping the car will be done by the time I get back. But with all custom builds of this size, things can go wrong or something unexpected comes up. I know they will require custom piping for the turbos so will be alot of bending pipes for it to fit correctly. So besides pulling and installing the engine, they have to install the air cooler, transmission upgraded parts, driveshaft, axle, 9' conversion kit, install the 2 fuel pumps as well as braking in the rear gears and tuning the engine. I figure thats gonna take at a minimum 2 weeks, but probably more.

It didnt take long, but all the performance parts have been sold. The only thing that might still be for sale is the engine, but I already have someone interested in purchasing it. Just waiting for confirmation.

Taz
Old 08-02-2012, 02:14 AM   #1544
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Evo school is awesome and great value for the amount of seat time (25+ runs per day). Instructors are great. It is a very busy day and you are constantly driving or working with very short breaks. You may want to do Day 1 this time and see how you like it.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #1545
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Evo school is awesome and great value for the amount of seat time (25+ runs per day). Instructors are great. It is a very busy day and you are constantly driving or working with very short breaks. You may want to do Day 1 this time and see how you like it.
Thanks. Sounds good. Lynda and I are taking the Johnny O'Connell's Premiere Performance Driving Course and Grand Prix Road Racing course while we are in Arizona for the Nascar Sprint Cup race. Its a pretty cool course. Here is the link:

http://www.bondurant.com/programs/course-search-node

Should be fun, but gonna be broke when we get back to Hawaii. Guess no Christmas presents for us.

Taz
Old 08-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #1546
taz
Taz

Im back on island. How was the car shows this past weekend? Sounded like some nice events that I missed.

BTW, car still in the shop. Not sure what the new completion date is. Gonna try to stop by to check out camaro sally and see how she is doing.

Taz
Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #1547
sting808

Quote:
Im back on island. How was the car shows this past weekend? Sounded like some nice events that I missed.

BTW, car still in the shop. Not sure what the new completion date is. Gonna try to stop by to check out camaro sally and see how she is doing.

Taz
I stopped by last week on the way home from work. Bodie asked if I needed something or just being nosy...

How was Bondurant?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #1548
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
I stopped by last week on the way home from work. Bodie asked if I needed something or just being nosy...

How was Bondurant?
Went on vacation to Calgary Canada for the World Sprints Outrigger race. The Phoenix Nascar Sprint race is on November 11th and will be flying in for that race (sunday). Bondurant class starts the next day (monday, Nov 12th). We are planning on combining both race and class on the same trip. Its our Christmas present to ourselves.

Camaro Sally is still going through her transformation. The rear end and driveshaft is completed and burned in. The tranny upgrade to the "super 6l80e" should be completed as of wednesday including the tranny break-in. Should be working on pulling the wires and engine now. Also relocating the fusebox is gonna be a hassle.

Taz
Old 09-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #1549
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
What's going on C5? Everyone should come out to AutoX. Next event is Sept. 30. Check out SCCAhawaii.Org. You would be surprised how much fun it is driving around them cones.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #1550
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
What's going on C5? Everyone should come out to AutoX. Next event is Sept. 30. Check out SCCAhawaii.Org. You would be surprised how much fun it is driving around them cones.
missed this thread till now, but i'm stuck waiting for my order anyway...don't think i would've enjoyed going around cones in my cavalier much lol...

if i get my camaro in time, i'll be at the january event for sure!
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:20 AM   #1551
Shayne70

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Chevy Camaro
Hey guys just letting you know 5-0 muscle got their own facebook now so you can keep up with the upcoming events or just keep in touch.

Cause honestly 808camaros isn't really maintained if your looking for some solid group of people to be at weekly events and let you know about care cruises 5-0 muscle is the way to go. It is predominantly Camaros with other American muscle cars.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Five-O...742921?fref=ts
Shayne70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:20 AM   #1552
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne70 View Post
Hey guys just letting you know 5-0 muscle got their own facebook now so you can keep up with the upcoming events or just keep in touch.

Cause honestly 808camaros isn't really maintained if your looking for some solid group of people to be at weekly events and let you know about care cruises 5-0 muscle is the way to go. It is predominantly Camaros with other American muscle cars.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Five-O...742921?fref=ts
cool, i've been looking for a club out here...was disappointed when i looked at 808's site and never got an email response...i don't have my camaro in yet, probably gonna be around january. not sure if i wanna show up in my dd, lol
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #1553
taz
Taz

Driveshaft

I didnt know that the stock driveshaft on the camaro wasnt one piece. Wow something learned everyday. Now I can understand why they say the stock drivetrain cant handle over 750hp or if your using stickier tires, your gonna leave parts behind you. Surprised only one broken driveshaft here in Hawaii that I know of. I have the stock one for sale if someone needs to replace theirs. Here is a comparison. The one piece driveshaft is from DSS. Photos courtesy of BSM Performance.
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2012, 04:16 AM   #1554
taz
Taz

Spoiler

Still debating over the repacement of the rear spoiler and lip. Been debating the issue for a couple of months now and Ive decided it either the IVC Havoc Spoiler, Street Scene or Unrestricted Motor Sports Dovetail Spoiler. Has anyone swapped out their spoilers and have a recommendation of the three?

Still cant decide if I want to change out the hood and order one with heat extractors or not. Figure with the car in the shop, now is the best time to order and have George paint them and get them installed. But then again, I always liked the sleeper look, but I dont know if I can pull that off anymore.

Anyone go to the car show on saturday? Was hoping to make it there in my X5, but didnt happen. Also is Cal still on island or has her xferred to the mainland? Havent been in touch like I should have been with the Five Oh Muscle group since my car has been in the shop.

Also did anyone else go to SEMA besides Stacy?

taz