Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

View Poll Results: BEST PLACE FOR TUNE IN DFW
ADM 56 62.22%
SNL 4 4.44%
LG MORTORSPORT 15 16.67%
21 CENTURYA 15 16.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2011, 09:54 AM   #57
DHSS

Drives: Empty
My buddy Derek just picked up his GTO from John last week from getting a cam and custom tune and it runs like a bat outta hell. John has great customer service and a great shop!!! Bought my C.A.I. from him and will be getting my cam/tune there as well.
DHSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #58
pir

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21STCENTURYMUSCLECARS View Post
Congrats on the 698 rwhp, that is strong!
Yes Sir, I agree for the most part what you are saying and you are welcome to bring it by for comparison runs on our dyno. I won't charge you anything and I see you are from Shreveport, I will even bet you the cost of coming up here that the dyno #s on the same day, same conditions, same coolant & oil temps, same tire pressure, etc are the same that the dynos are within 5 between the two and ours is probably the lower of the two.

Prove me wrong and your trip up is free.

Best Regards,
John Page
www.21stcenturymusclecars

Check the vendor section for special deals
We will beat most anybodys price around

Sounds like fun! When my new baby is here and the wife feels like a trip, we can head that way.
ADM Tuned LSX 376, Magnusson 2300, LPE 14 rib rear drive, 8-rib Pulley System, ADM Dual Fuel Pump, ADM Performance CAI, LPE GT9 Cam, ZR1 Clutch, ARH 2" Headers, Magnaflow 3" Exhaust, ADM Boost Guage, ADM Widened Wheel Package 671 RWHP / 652 RWTQ on pump gas 698 / 710 on race gas
pir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #59
21STCENTURY

Drives: Z28/700HP, CTSV/850HP, Viper/725HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pir View Post
Sounds like fun! When my new baby is here and the wife feels like a trip, we can head that way.
Looking forward to it and thanks for the response!
21STCENTURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:20 PM   #60
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
31 to 6
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:02 PM   #61
DallasMike

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 pontiac gto
This really is more of a popularity contest than a poll in my opinion. Which is nothing new in the industry if we're being honest here. Back in the f-body performance days you had AMS performance in arlington. For those of you who were not around back then, AMS seemed untouchable. Everything they touched turned to gold. That is until one of the popular members of the forum had a bad experience. AMS soon went out of business.

The point in telling you that story, and I assure you there are many more just like it, is to point out the fickleness in the industry. Just because something is "the best" today doesn't mean it will be tomorrow. Now let me be clear, this is in no way taking anything away from Andy's work. As I have seen his installs closeup in my shop, the work he does is very good and attention to detail is top notch. However, let us be truthful here. Installing performance components is not rocket science, especially maggies. If we're really being truthful, tuning is relatively simple as well as Pat at ADM has pointed out.

As an enthusiast in Dallas, we should all be overjoyed with the amount of options there are out there. I realize there are only four options in the pole but I would like to point out a couple more. Shawn at True Street Motorsports is an amazing tuner. For those who don't know Shawn, he was at LG for many years and now has started his own shop. Patrick at Quality is also outstanding. He was at 21st for any years before venturing out as well.

The point of all of this is simple. Don't let this be a popularity contest. Every single shop has strengths and weaknesses. If you are thinking about having work done on your car, you should visit the shops around you and get a feel for what it is they are all about. The worst thing you can do is go off of hat you hear on the internet ESPECIALLY when it comes to negative things. I assure you each and every shop has had one customer they weren't able to completely satisfy. And all it takes is that one customer to post ONE time for it to go all over the internet.

This is my advice as an enthusiast, not as a shop owner.
DallasMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #62
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
There are a number of shops around DFW and yes we are one as well.

I realize that not everyone would be close or want to make the drive to us over on the NE side of town.

We do supply a lot of parts to the other shops around town so be sure to talk to them about genuine LG Motorsports products to go on your new Camaro.

Most of the shops know each other and have been together for a long time now it isn't un-common to see a full LG Exhaust coming out of 21st or LG cam packages installed at Jordon's shop as well.

If anyone has questions about our shop installs, or our parts going over to another shop please feel free to talk to myself or your installer about LG Motorsports products.
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:47 AM   #63
Sam88gta1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2006 CC Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMike View Post
If we're really being truthful, tuning is relatively simple as well as Pat at ADM has pointed out.
Tuning is simple only if you make it that way. I for one do not think its simple and ive tuned 1,000's of vehicles. Maybe im missing something?
Sam88gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:00 AM   #64
import_killa

Drives: 2SS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHSS View Post
Seems like Mr. Page is confident in what they are doing. Willing to pay for the trip? I like that John!!!
John backs up what he says thats for sure
1 7/8 AR headers, roto-fab CAI with radiator, fuse box, and valve cover, cam, upgraded fuel system with 85lb injectors, under drive pulley, TVS 2300 S/C, muffler delete, aftermarket wheels, AAC headlights fogs sidemarkers footwell dome and trunk lights.....That's 659.9 RWHP 611.9RWTQ

T
import_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #65
Bobby @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 03 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
Tuning is simple only if you make it that way. I for one do not think its simple and ive tuned 1,000's of vehicles. Maybe im missing something?
X2. Its not that simple.
Bobby @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:57 PM   #66
SSMagna
FAST1

Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasMike View Post
Now let me be clear, this is in no way taking anything away from Andy's work. As I have seen his installs closeup in my shop, the work he does is very good and attention to detail is top notch. However, let us be truthful here. Installing performance components is not rocket science, especially maggies.
I agree with you for the most part but the "rocket science" is coming from ADM. very soon
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 PM   #67
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMagna View Post
I agree with you for the most part but the "rocket science" is coming from ADM. very soon
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
Old 08-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #68
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:

ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #69
21STCENTURY

Drives: Z28/700HP, CTSV/850HP, Viper/725HP
Quote:
Camaro Market does need a Twin Turbo Kit with some Bling
21STCENTURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #70
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21STCENTURYMUSCLECARS View Post
Camaro Market does need a Twin Turbo Kit with some Bling
You better get to it then