Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-08-2019, 07:06 PM   #197
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
The Bassoon is the best part of this thread.
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:49 PM   #198
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
By the extension of the Castle law. ANYONE is allowed to have any legal weapon in their car as long as it is concealed for protection of self/property and a 3rd partyy(this one is very shaky though). As long as it is not visible. If it is in your globe compartment. And you open it to get your insurance card and you don't close it back. It doesn't count as concealed and controlled. The CHL only apiea to carrying it on your person. But I have mine. And keep a loaded 9mm at all times.
This part always gets me. Why are we in the US so reactive. Why can we not be proactive? Sit the bat/golf club/gun out in the open where everyone can see it. Then let's see how many are willing to walk up to the car and try to carjack it. Or wait,,,,,let's make it a open carry and see how many people want to try to rob somewhere when they walk in and see a couple people strapped...…..Why are we always bass ackwards in this country?
Old 11-09-2019, 02:34 AM   #199
Sparko

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
This part always gets me. Why are we in the US so reactive. Why can we not be proactive? Sit the bat/golf club/gun out in the open where everyone can see it. Then let's see how many are willing to walk up to the car and try to carjack it. Or wait,,,,,let's make it a open carry and see how many people want to try to rob somewhere when they walk in and see a couple people strapped...…..Why are we always bass ackwards in this country?
Yea this isn't actually a good way to think. Criminal tries to car Jack you, sees weapon, can anticipate your move before you make it. Common trope is dumb criminal, truth is dumb criminal isn't going after a target like car jacking. If they want your car, they have done this before and know what to expect and can and will react accordingly. Also open carry of firearms is illegal in most states and does infact create a substantial risk to the occupant and law enforcement alike, one greater than what may be deterred due to above reason.
'87 HD FXRT - Wrecked pending repair
Sparko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #200
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
This thread is BAT sh1t crazy.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:21 AM   #201
Chomorro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
1) 6 year old thread.

2) You are correct for California, but many of us live in free states. What you post is not correct for the vast majority of the country, to include SC where the OP was.
Its is illegal in CA unless you are coming to or from an event that requires the use of it. Just keep a ball and gloves in there with it and you can LOL. Oh CA the state I live in.......... pretty sure if an intruder breaks in and you use a bat it's more illegal then using a shotgun. Not sure how that makes any sense.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Chomorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #202
Joecruiser

Drives: 2014 2-SSRS Slushbox
Damn....how’d I miss this epic thread.
Words to live by...
Don’t bring a knife,,,,err,,,,bat to a gunfight!
Attached Images

Joecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 04:56 PM   #203
Joecruiser

Sorry, dup pic, I’ll master the pic posting eventually.
Oh, then there’s..
If you gonna shoot, shoot...don’t talk!
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #204
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecruiser View Post
Sorry, dup pic, I’ll master the pic posting eventually.
Oh, then there’s..
If you gonna shoot, shoot...don’t talk!
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #205
Chomorro

Quote:
Damn....how’d I miss this epic thread.
Words to live by...
Don’t bring a knife,,,,err,,,,bat to a gunfight!
Definitely cant do that in California hahha. Always been curious though, if your car gets stolen and that weapon is used in a crime, are you legally liable? In California you are but you also cant store one in there.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:46 PM   #206
Joecruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomorro View Post
Definitely cant do that in California hahha. Always been curious though, if your car gets stolen and that weapon is used in a crime, are you legally liable? In California you are but you also cant store one in there.

Absolutely legal and zero liabilities if stolen.
The UZI is a gratuitous pic...it’s worth around $2,000. It stays in the safe.

The AR is a home built Spikes lower and Palmetto State upper.
Total cost around $500. It’s my insurance policy if the SHTF while I’m away from home. I have plenty more of of them it gets stolen.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2019, 08:17 PM   #207
Chomorro

Quote:
Absolutely legal and zero liabilities if stolen.

The UZI is a gratuitous pic...it’s worth around $2,000. It stays in the safe.

The AR is a home built Spikes lower and Palmetto State upper.

Total cost around $500. It’s my insurance policy if the SHTF while I’m away from home. I have plenty more of of them it gets stolen.
Must be nice. My ar pistol cost me $2500 because of all the up charges to get one in Cali........cant just order one from PSA but ots definitely one of my faves.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #208
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
Yea this isn't actually a good way to think. Criminal tries to car Jack you, sees weapon, can anticipate your move before you make it. Common trope is dumb criminal, truth is dumb criminal isn't going after a target like car jacking. If they want your car, they have done this before and know what to expect and can and will react accordingly. Also open carry of firearms is illegal in most states and does infact create a substantial risk to the occupant and law enforcement alike, one greater than what may be deterred due to above reason.
Actually here you can carry it on your side, loaded and in clear view. You just can not take it in a business and such. And I truly admire what law enforcement does. I do. I thank them. But me openly carrying a firearm is not a "substantial risk" to them. I have heard this argument for sooooo long and it does not fly. Is it more of a risk for them to see my firearm or me to have it hidden from them? The whole reason most of us have a firearm is for protection/self defense. Sooooo, if I have to have it where they can see it but have the ammo locked up in the trunk (as in SC) how tha heck can I use it for protection or self defense? And now they have opened it up so one can sue the manufacturer for someone else's use of it? Why not sue Ford for their Mustangs trying to kill people? Or Semi companies for dummies trying to drive through crowds with their trucks? Very slippery slope once we go down it. Or,,,,,,why not make it to where the dummies that do the stupid things actually win stupid awards ? Think about it. If you are going to hijack a plane, would you really do it on a plane where you knew everyone was packing? Or would you as a criminal that already has your firearm, want to get on one where you are prevented form carrying one?
Old 11-14-2019, 10:30 PM   #209
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I think the whole rationale is if you don't have a gun, then you will be less likely to get into situations where one is needed and you will look for ways to avoid those situations in the first. Even if you have to use deadly force to defend yourself, you will be put through the meat grinder in court trying to explain your actions.

There have been a few situations where If I had a gun, I probably would've used it. However, since I didn't have a way to protect myself in that way, I used my best efforts to escape the situation.

I do have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I mean, if you need to open carry all the time just to feel safe in public, then something's really wrong. Carrying a gun to feel safe is the symptom, not the cure. For home defense though, I'm totally for it.

Now, I can understand carry a gun all the time if you have a need because of what you're doing and/or your occupation. However, having to open carry to just go about your normal daily business sounds kind of ridiculous to me. If I felt that unsafe that I needed to open carry all the time, I would try to move to a better less crime ridden area or just stay indoors all the time like a hermit. lol!

Another thing about open carry I dont like is that it basically telegraphs to other people around you the amount of effort they would need to take you on. Just like the "dumb" criminal trope, it really wouldn't deter someone hell bent on jacking you up, especially someone on mind altering drugs. And, you lose the biggest advantage of them all, the element of surprise. For me, I would want all the advantages I can get if I find myself in a potential life threatening situation where a gun is needed.

That's my $.10.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:11 AM   #210
GAD

Drives: Silver 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I think the whole rationale is if you don't have a gun, then you will be less likely to get into situations where one is needed and you will look for ways to avoid those situations in the first. Even if you have to use deadly force to defend yourself, you will be put through the meat grinder in court trying to explain your actions.

There have been a few situations where If I had a gun, I probably would've used it. However, since I didn't have a way to protect myself in that way, I used my best efforts to escape the situation.

I do have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I mean, if you need to open carry all the time just to feel safe in public, then something's really wrong. Carrying a gun to feel safe is the symptom, not the cure. For home defense though, I'm totally for it.

Now, I can understand carry a gun all the time if you have a need because of what you're doing and/or your occupation. However, having to open carry to just go about your normal daily business sounds kind of ridiculous to me. If I felt that unsafe that I needed to open carry all the time, I would try to move to a better less crime ridden area or just stay indoors all the time like a hermit. lol!

Another thing about open carry I dont like is that it basically telegraphs to other people around you the amount of effort they would need to take you on. Just like the "dumb" criminal trope, it really wouldn't deter someone hell bent on jacking you up, especially someone on mind altering drugs. And, you lose the biggest advantage of them all, the element of surprise. For me, I would want all the advantages I can get if I find myself in a potential life threatening situation where a gun is needed.

That's my $.10.
Goooood thing about our great country, we don’t have to have a need (as long as you live in one of the great free states).
2014 Silver 2SS L99 with Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks Cat-less 3” exhaust, TS Stage 3.2 VVT CAM, Circle D 3200 Stall, E85 Kit, FIC 850cc injectors and Elite Engineering Catch Can. Dynoed at 478rwhp.
GAD is offline   Reply With Quote