Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
The MOAC

Drives: IBM 2011 2SS/RS
This is getting ridiculous...

Hello all! I've posted on here quite a few times (not in the thousands like others haha) but usually it is just to share the random things I have done with my Camaro. This time is different. Im not one to bash on a company like this but I wanted to share my experiences with everyone on here so that you won't have to deal with it as well. I purchased 2 WATERPROOF LED strips from advanced automotive concepts to put under my doors for puddle lighting. They worked fine but then a month or two went by and LEDs started going out and I thought to myself "Hm. Thats weird I thought these were supposed to be waterproof." (Also the same thing happened to my Afterburners that I purchased from them but i thought maybe I just didn't seal them adequately). Anyways, these LED strips are underneath the doors (which are generally closed most of the time as I am sure you would agree) so wouldn't you think their product would be able to work for more than 3 months?
Also, I have included some night shots of the concept LED mirrors that I purchased from them as well (were not cheap by any means) and I have had them for about a month and a half. If you look closely at the 5th picture you will see the SMD LED strip and you will also see a tiny orange dot as well. I can only imagine that this is from a rock or something of that nature which really sucks that it would hit right on something that is brand new. Anyways after closely inspecting it I didn't seem to find anything else on that mirror (I never heard or saw anything hit my car at all so still kind of confusing.) HOWEVER, if you look at the last picture, you will see the opposite mirror, THE SAME EXACT THING has happened. Now I KNOW that the odds of hitting a rock or something on BOTH mirrors is extremely low and I the only thing I can conclude is that their painting process is not very good. Also when I ordered these mirrors, that took 11 weeks instead of 6 and were not on back order, it took them a full month to get them painted. If they take that long to paint them shouldn't they be able to withstand the tiniest of pebbles?
Sorry this is so long but I don't want anyone else to have to go through this because it is complete crap and very irritating.

***DISCLAIMER***
Yes I know there will be people to chime and say that AAC has always come through for them and good for them! But I am just sharing my experiences with them in hopes to help out some else. Take it for what it is worth.
Attached Images

The MOAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #2
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Any possibility of debris, rock, etc in the door frame that could be putting pressure on certain points of the LED strips?

Mirrors are odd...

Either way, it's what the do about problems that defines a company. Post what they do to resolve...
Old 06-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #3
The MOAC

Not likely, I washed it very well before installing and there is no debris or anything.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
infernostripes!

Drives: 2010 1ssrs
My 2 LED strips from ACC both had LEDs go out lol Never again will I buy from them.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:47 PM   #5
The MOAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernostripes! View Post
My 2 LED strips from ACC both had LEDs go out lol Never again will I buy from them.
Were they water proof and went out for no reason?