Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
Question MRT V-1 or V-2

First CAI is coming and have been reading post here all day. With having a 2012 Convertible and looking for the sound of the muscle cars from the 50's & 60's CAN I get this from MRT v-1 or MRT v-2. Michael WHAT ABOUT DRONE WITH EITHER??

Last edited by rangomr; 11-03-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: adding
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
V2 not as loud at idle compared to V1 but both sound about the same at WOT....

Drone will be more noticeable with the v1...

V1 all the way!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
I would consider the Pypes bomb exhaust for the the V8. Had the V2.0 and sold it and got the pypes. Has a deeper more aggressive tone to it. Also cost less then the mrt. Not sure how it would sound on the LFX engine but I love the new sound.
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Between the v1 and v2, I prefer the v2. It has a deeper tone. Here is a video we did of the v2 a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully we will get one of the v1 soon.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #5
Redliner1960

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS White w/Orange Stripes
My MRT V2's sound great.... they are fantastic at idle and have relatively no drone, If you work at it you can go uphill at around 1800 rpm and get some drone but it's not enough to alter talking or radio levels.
Got mine from APEX and have never been happier!

CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catchcan, Pro Art Vinyl Front and Rear, MRT V-2 Axleback Exhausts,Oracle lighting and American Racing Torque Thurst Wheels
Team LLT - Proud Member of NEOCC
Redliner1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
We are currency driving at 2000rpms to autocross rite now down the highway with our v2 and you definitely know its back there maybe our v2 was made wrong but since day one I think we have pretty loud drone at highway speeds conpaired to what everyone else reports.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
Edsudec

Drives: 2012 1LT, IBM W/RS Package
Darrell (Redliner1960) invited me to come and listen to his mrtv2 after he saw my post about wanting to hear the exhaust before I purchased. So I took a drive to his home. To hear the exhaust in person was def worth the drive, nothing on the Internet compares to hearing the exhaust in person, Darrell went out of his way to show and let me hear the exhaust, start-up, idle, drove on the freeway, uphill, different speeds, wot, and did a few drive bys with me standing out on the curb. There is very little ( and I mean little) drone at about 1800, if your not trying to listen, you don't notice it. I've listened to the dynomaxVT, and the mrt2 has better sound at idle, both sound the same at wot, and at cruise (in my opinion). I'm def leaning towards buying the MRT.

Once again Darrell, thx for the invite and your time.
Edsudec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redliner1960 View Post
My MRT V2's sound great.... they are fantastic at idle and have relatively no drone, If you work at it you can go uphill at around 1800 rpm and get some drone but it's not enough to alter talking or radio levels.
Got mine from APEX and have never been happier!
Thank you for your business and the mention.

Any drone the MRT v2 might have can be knocked out with a Magnaflow resonated x-pipe.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
Redliner1960

Your welcome... always great to meet and spend some time with a fellow Camaro owner. Hopefully it helps you in your quest to get the sound you want from yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsudec View Post
Darrell (Redliner1960) invited me to come and listen to his mrtv2 after he saw my post about wanting to hear the exhaust before I purchased. So I took a drive to his home. To hear the exhaust in person was def worth the drive, nothing on the Internet compares to hearing the exhaust in person, Darrell went out of his way to show and let me hear the exhaust, start-up, idle, drove on the freeway, uphill, different speeds, wot, and did a few drive bys with me standing out on the curb. There is very little ( and I mean little) drone at about 1800, if your not trying to listen, you don't notice it. I've listened to the dynomaxVT, and the mrt2 has better sound at idle, both sound the same at wot, and at cruise (in my opinion). I'm def leaning towards buying the MRT.

Once again Darrell, thx for the invite and your time.

CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catchcan, Pro Art Vinyl Front and Rear, MRT V-2 Axleback Exhausts,Oracle lighting and American Racing Torque Thurst Wheels
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
Redliner1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
We are currency driving at 2000rpms to autocross rite now down the highway with our v2 and you definitely know its back there maybe our v2 was made wrong but since day one I think we have pretty loud drone at highway speeds conpaired to what everyone else reports.
I see a few now and then posting their MRT V2's have drone... makes you wonder why that might be. Mine is still basically stock I have a CAI Cold air intake and the MRT V2 axlebacks and that's it that would affect sound. To bad we aren't closer to compare.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
rangomr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redliner1960 View Post
I see a few now and then posting their MRT V2's have drone... makes you wonder why that might be. Mine is still basically stock I have a CAI Cold air intake and the MRT V2 axlebacks and that's it that would affect sound. To bad we aren't closer to compare.
Thanks Redliner1960, I just ordered both setup with Chase a few minutes ago and just waiting on invoice. Great price for both systems FOR SURE. Every body has a opinion and I like yours, what with the 1960, I was in the 10th grade, wow. anyway thanks again
Old 11-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangomr View Post
Thanks Redliner1960, I just ordered both setup with Chase a few minutes ago and just waiting on invoice. Great price for both systems FOR SURE. Every body has a opinion and I like yours, what with the 1960, I was in the 10th grade, wow. anyway thanks again
Thank you for your order. The invoice was just sent.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #13
rangomr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Between the v1 and v2, I prefer the v2. It has a deeper tone. Here is a video we did of the v2 a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully we will get one of the v1 soon.

Thanks for the clip and I just ordered both from Chase this morning(afternoon) now. Thank You for the great price that I had heard about.

I should have looked at the catch cans too and if we can will add it but if not will order later. Again thank you
Old 11-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
Redliner1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangomr View Post
No problem.... I'm sure you'll love both the items you ordered.

10th grade in 1960... I suddenly feel a tad younger!