Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #421
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Boy it got quite quick.....
Old 12-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #422
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Boy it got quite quick.....
I'm pretty sure, the torque specs were very close to what the SS was putting down, were they not?
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #423
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
So I must really be missing something about marketing. When I fab Something I keep quiet till I have every detail possible. Only at that time do I release the products to my customer base. I must say Thank you for the efforts of ipf but these companies need to step back and have complete information before public release. I feel they are starting to look foolish and not just ipf as I see this to much. Last I knew these were planed release end of month? Dyno or not no real word testing? How could that be 100% ready for release?

Again I really appreciate efforts of all those developing products for my car and all the other v 6 owners. But I just had to finally say this.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #424
GreenWithEnvy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Send a message via AIM to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Yahoo to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Skype™ to GreenWithEnvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
I'm pretty sure, the torque specs were very close to what the SS was putting down, were they not?
The dyno vid that was posted shows 331 ft/lbs at the very peak of the run.
GreenWithEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #425
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWithEnvy View Post
The dyno vid that was posted shows 331 ft/lbs at the very peak of the run.
That puts it in line with an L99 SS at peak TQ...the difference is the SS will carry much more torque from way down low which should give it an edge there. But when the engines are at peak power this supercharged V6 should be pulling a tad harder because of the extra HP. (although it certainly looks to be losing speed to the SS in this vid)

Ya know, I also think it was a bit of a bad move not to get some kind of time slips, but I am still grateful for the video. But it still raises as many questions as there was before the video. In the end, if you want to sell a kit costing thousands...we need it all...we need dynos, and we need track times at the very least. I'm sure IPF knows that.

I can also agree on the comment about showing info and hyping up a product before its really ready or even before all the details are ironed out. But I see the other side here as well. This happens in every single FI thread. 1) someone announces a product. 2) We beg for info and specs and times. 3) we beg even more) 3)they release some info but its never enough to satisfy. 4) we begin rushing them with torches and pitchforks 5) (this step doesn't seem to always happen) They finally release the product and we finally/eventually start seeing some real world data.

But after all this time we are still waiting to see exactly what FI can do for us on the track (aside from nitrous which has proven to be amazing)

This kit may not currently be putting down quite the numbers some of the turbo kits are starting to put down, but the price is as good or better, we should still get SS equalling or beating power, and if we choose not to mod on top of what the kit offers, we get a warranty.

So while I'm dissapointed there are no times yet, I won't be throwin IPF under the bus anytime soon either.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 12-07-2011 at 10:06 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #426
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
That puts it in line with an L99 SS at peak TQ...the difference is the SS will carry much more torque from way down low which should give it an edge there. But when the engines are at peak power this supercharged V6 should be pulling a tad harder because of the extra HP. (although it certainly looks to be losing speed to the SS in this vid)

Ya know, I also think it was a bit of a bad move not to get some kind of time slips, but I am still grateful for the video. But it still raises as many questions as there was before the video. In the end, if you want to see a kit costing thousands...we need it all...we need dynos, and we need track times at the very least. I'm sure IPF knows that.

I can also agree on the comment about showing info and hyping up a product before its really ready or even before all the details are ironed out. But I see the other side here as well. This happens in every single FI thread. 1) someone announces a product. 2) We beg for info and specs and times. 3) we beg even more) 3)they release some info but its never enough to satisfy. 4) we begin rushing them with torches and pitchforks 5) (this step doesn't seem to always happen) They finally release the product and we finally/eventually start seeing some real world data.

But after all this time we are still waiting to see exactly what FI can do for us on the track (aside from nitrous which has proven to be amazing)

This kit may not currently be putting down quite the numbers some of the turbo kits are starting to put down, but the price is as good or better, we should still get SS equalling or beating power, and if we choose not to mod on top of what the kit offers, we get a warranty.

So while I'm dissapointed there are no times yet, I won't be throwin IPF under the bus anytime soon either.
well said. Are they addresing the fuel issue, maybe I missed it been busy with finals the last few weeks. I assume SC has the same issues as turbo with fuel. Maybe I am wrong.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #427
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Tracy at RX has the fueling issue solved with the help of the people whom I believe are helping them design the ported Intake Manifold. They are looking for 700+ HP numbers being possible now. Let the fun begin.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #428
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Tracy at RX has the fueling issue solved with the help of the people whom I believe are helping them design the ported Intake Manifold. They are looking for 700+ HP numbers being possible now. Let the fun begin.
Yes Tracy does, but...how does it affect IPF. Just wondering
Old 12-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #429
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Yes Tracy does, but...how does it affect IPF. Just wondering
Tracy's solution to the fuel problem is a universal kit (standalone system). So ANY FI V6 Camaro can benefit from this. But most likely you won't get the IPF warranty since it's not they product or approved product.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:00 AM   #430
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:

Ya know, I also think it was a bit of a bad move not to get some kind of time slips, but I am still grateful for the video. But it still raises as many questions as there was before the video. In the end, if you want to sell a kit costing thousands...we need it all...we need dynos, and we need track times at the very least. I'm sure IPF knows that.

Good post!

It's very much a two edged sword... you need to get the word out about your product... you need to get people excited... you need some hype... but then you better be able to deliver... deliver in some kind of reasonable time frame... Lingenfelter is a perfect example! All the HYPE... Even gave us DATES... then it all fell by the wayside... complete FAIL...

Tracy at RX has been hyping Gretchen's build for while now... But IMHO it's a bit more subdued hype... no glitzy, over the top burnout videos... And yes, Gretchen has run into issues but Tracy has always been up front and never made excuses... So where is Gretchen at now? In a holding pattern... is that disappointing? You bet! Tracy had told us the big hold up now is the new turbos that are currently constrained until January... So come say the March time frame, I will hold his feet to the fire just like everyone else!

As for the actual performance... as you pointed out, we have yet to see one of these FI cars truly live up to the dyno numbers at the track... Almost seems to me that they work great on the dyno but once you put them under the load of actually being on the track they basically fall on their face... Not sure what is going on... Really needed some actual data from the IPF car... not just a Pinks arm drop race... Now the V6 car did have a GoPro up front point back.. it should have been able to capture both cars launching... that would be interesting to see...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #431
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
If you understood the mechanics of both, you would get what I'm saying. The thing about working in a refinery, is you play with these things all day long.
I'm not going to clog up this thread here with an e-peen contest... but I do understand the mechanics of both types, which is why I didn't understand your statement. Your end "result" was correct, but the statement you made was way off base. If you want to talk about it some more, I can explain my confusion. But let's do that in private rather than in this thread. This thread isn't for that discussion.

Last edited by PittPaz; 12-08-2011 at 09:09 AM.
PittPaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #432
jeff4946

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
I'm not going to clog up this thread here with an e-peen contest... but I do understand the mechanics of both types, which is why I didn't understand your statement. Your end "result" was correct, but the statement you made was way off base. If you want to talk about it some more, I can explain my confusion. But let's do that in private rather than in this thread. This thread isn't for that discussion.
Listen, I didn't mean anything by it, and I explained why I put it in there. I was mistaken. Take it how you like.

I'm also saying that I really don't see how the RX performance is going to be any different. No need to get all miffed, just my opinion. I understand there is no PD, just expkaining what i know. I work with them every day. Not saying I'm any more knowledable, but i know pumps.

For the record , if I was spending my money in a SC... I will buy a RX.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
Old 12-08-2011, 09:48 AM   #433
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Listen, I didn't mean anything by it, and I explained why I put it in there. I was mistaken. Take it how you like.

I'm also saying that I really don't see how the RX performance is going to be any different. No need to get all miffed, just my opinion. I understand there is no PD, just expkaining what i know. I work with them every day. Not saying I'm any more knowledable, but i know pumps.

For the record , if I was spending my money in a SC... I will buy a RX.
Sorry, I came off harsher than I intended. Wasn't a big deal.

Either way... I'd like to see numbers from both of these setups. Not just dyno numbers... 1/4 mile times too.

The fact that both of these are coming out soon is just good news all around.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #434
jeff4946

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
Sorry, I came off harsher than I intended. Wasn't a big deal.

Either way... I'd like to see numbers from both of these setups. Not just dyno numbers... 1/4 mile times too.

The fact that both of these are coming out soon is just good news all around.
Me too!