Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #449
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
They can....
The reason I ask is seems like every FI V6 cannot produce good 1/4 numbers because of traction problems. This has been the case ALWAYS! But V8's have no problems running 12 sec et's.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #450
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
The reason I ask is seems like every FI V6 cannot produce good 1/4 numbers because of traction problems. This has been the case ALWAYS! But V8's have no problems running 12 sec et's.
Need the driver mod! LOL!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #451
Mach

Quote:
They cannot all be bad drivers! you know?
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Old 12-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #452
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
The Nitrous boys do very well with traction. Tire mod. lol

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #453
Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post

Somebody needs to get a solid 1/4 mile run on FI already!!.. Turbo or Supercharged!! These kits have been out for how long?

Scrming is doing crazy fast times with a 5000 pound red brick!

Not once have I seen a video or timeslip and gone DAMN THATS FAST! I am speaking about FI only. The NO2 boys are fast.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #454
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
Driver mod... LESS work! Not all of us have our OWN PIT CREW!!! LOL!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #455
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
True... I think a few of them are Manuals.. and they seem to basically fall on their faces when they shift... And walking a car out on street tires is an art form!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #456
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
And walking a car out on street tires is an art form!
Care to share some tips please!, Seeing the Flex in motion on your sig means you must have some skills. Didnt you have one of the fastest NA 1/4 times when you had the camaro?

This kit is a fine product and good price for what they're offering and I'm sure they'll post some decent 1/4 mile times soon. Even though not perfect, Tracy from RX even gives this kit a thumbs up after looking at it!
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #457
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Somebody needs to get a solid 1/4 mile run on FI already!!.. Turbo or Supercharged!! These kits have been out for how long?

Not once have I seen a video or timeslip and gone DAMN THATS FAST! I am speaking about FI only. The NO2 boys are fast.
Well, we hope Tracy is going to run Grecthen down the track this weekend, exciting stuff.

Quote:
Driver mod... LESS work! Not all of us have our OWN PIT CREW!!! LOL!
I'll play the old guy card until they catch on.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #458
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Care to share some tips please!, Seeing the Flex in motion on your sig means you must have some skills

This kit is a fine product and good price for what they're offering and I'm sure they'll post some decent 1/4 mile times soon. Even though not perfect, Tracy from RX even gives this kit a thumbs up after looking at it!
Flex = AWD = FTW!!! LOL

Actually I'm not the best at walking a car out... BUT i know it can be done... Lidio from Alternative Auto has one number Street Tire Shootouts! That guy is amazing! When I had my Mustang he would could run .2 to .3 better than I could, until put DRs on.. then are times were more comparable..
Old 12-08-2011, 08:24 PM   #459
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
True... if I had to take a WILD A$$ GUESS... I'm guessing the tune developed on the Dyno needs to be dramatically altered for real world runs at the track... again... just guessing..
Old 12-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #460
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Walking a manual off the line is a whole lot of not giving two $h!t$ about your clutch. If you can get your head and wallet past burning some clutch you can do it very well. I have my bagger running unbelievably fast off the line. Never a bog hardly any wheel spin. Just find a consistent launch rpm and when you start your clutch release mash the gas. Hold engine under the rev limiter with clutch release. Somewhere around the 30 foot mark your at wot with clutch fully engaged. Start small you'll find it.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #461
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Quote:
True... if I had to take a WILD A$$ GUESS... I'm guessing the tune developed on the Dyno needs to be dramatically altered for real world runs at the track... again... just guessing..
This is why I wounder why the dramatic press release with nothing but dyno sheet. Streetability and track times mean way more than a dyno video to me. All goes back to my question of why they think this is ready for release by end of month with What appears to be little if any daily driver testing.
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #462
Mach

Quote:

It's a good guess. I bet that's same reason Lingenfelter shot all these crazy burnout hype videos but then abandoned the entire project once they realized the kit couldn't be streetable. And it's probably the same reason Procharger or no one else wants to touch the LLT. Procharger has a 2011 Mustang V6 kit for sale NOW! making 475hp.

We are 19 pages in and no hard numbers yet. This kit is supposed to be shipping next month.