Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-27-2017, 12:09 PM   #1
suprchrgd

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
2015 Camaro 1le Suspension Questions "BMR Upgrades"

I have a 2015 1le. Typical bolt ons and a btr stg 4 cam. She makes good power, she’s sitting right around 500 whp. Car will eventually be a 700-800whp car. I'm wanting to get the suspension setup up and ready for boost, when that time comes. I received the suspension items listed below from my wife for xmas

My question, for the front, would you recommend camber/caster plates over just doing camber bolts? My car is a “street car”. She may end up on a road course from time to time but, just for fun with friends. I like to go fast in a straight line, but also be able to take an aggressive corner. I like being able to hang the rear end out too! I put my old 3v on a drift course a few times and loved it! This car is a different animal right now with not having the solid axle like my old 3valve. Crazy amount of wheel hop, which I’m hoping the items below will resolve that issue.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. maybe even an alignment setup.

bmr springs 1.4 drop
bmr toe rods
bmr trailing arms
bmr cradle bushings
bmr diff bushings
bmr camber bolts
bmr upper control arm bushing kit
also running 285 frt and 305 rear tires

Last edited by suprchrgd; 12-28-2017 at 02:28 PM.
suprchrgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #2
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
With the factory front end, you will get near or at -2* of camber from the front without changing anything. If you are wanting to road course it for fun or just want a little better turn in, set the camber around -1.5 to -1.8 and leave it. You will not see much in way of tire wear problems and turn in will be better. With the 305's on the rear you will see some more understeer than the factory but should be okay. I track our 14 1LE almost exclusively and have not added the camber plates yet. I've been happy with -2* of camber and little tire wear as we do drive sometimes to events. I keep a square 285 setup and have not had a reason to change it yet. Hope this helps.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchrgd View Post
I have a 2015 1le. Typical bolt ons and a btr stg 4 cam. She makes good power, she’s sitting right around 500 whp. Car will eventually be a 700-800whp car. I'm wanting to get the suspension setup up and ready for boost, when that time comes. I received the suspension items listed below from my wife for xmas

My question, for the front, would you recommend camber/caster plates over just doing camber bolts? My car is a “street car”. She may end up on a road course from time to time but, just for fun with friends. I like to go fast in a straight line, but also be able to take an aggressive corner. I like being able to hang the rear end out too! I put my old 3v on a drift course a few times and loved it! This car is a different animal right now with not having the solid axle like my old 3valve. Crazy amount of wheel hop, which I’m hoping the items below will resolve that issue.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. maybe even an alignment setup.

bmr springs 1.4 drop
bmr toe rods
bmr trailing arms
bmr cradle bushings
bmr diff bushings
bmr camber bolts
bmr upper control arm bushing kit
also running 285 frt and 305 rear tires
Are you planning on spherical ends?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:16 PM   #4
suprchrgd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Are you planning on spherical ends?
I have not thought about these. Please enlighten me.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #5
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Front:

Rear:

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #6
JusticePete

Quote:
I have not thought about these. Please enlighten me.
Your factory Toe Links have sealed monoballs, sphericals from the factory. Replacing them with urethane bushings is not an upgrade.

There are a number of aftermarket upgrades that are not. The front two sub-frame bushings in your 1LE are better than the urethane replacements.

I prefer the Z/28 upper rear outer bushing as it allows for a bit more motion under and extreme load, i.e. a huge pot hole, but still offers outstanding control for improved performance.

A JPSS 32mm rear bar will bring better balance to your 1LE. JPSS billet Radius Arm inserts reduce dynamic caster and toe changes up front.

B6 inverted monotubes would be an improvement over the monotube rear / twin tube front struts standard on the 1LE

You have no need for additional camber adjustment or camber plates for a mostly street driven 1LE.

A full spherical setup is awesome for the track, but can be a bit noisy for street driving.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #7
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
CPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Front:

Rear:

-Don
Nice use of CPC (corrosion preventative compound)!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 07:16 AM   #8
suprchrgd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Your factory Toe Links have sealed monoballs, sphericals from the factory. Replacing them with urethane bushings is not an upgrade.

There are a number of aftermarket upgrades that are not. The front two sub-frame bushings in your 1LE are better than the urethane replacements.

I prefer the Z/28 upper rear outer bushing as it allows for a bit more motion under and extreme load, i.e. a huge pot hole, but still offers outstanding control for improved performance.

A JPSS 32mm rear bar will bring better balance to your 1LE. JPSS billet Radius Arm inserts reduce dynamic caster and toe changes up front.

B6 inverted monotubes would be an improvement over the monotube rear / twin tube front struts standard on the 1LE

You have no need for additional camber adjustment or camber plates for a mostly street driven 1LE.

A full spherical setup is awesome for the track, but can be a bit noisy for street driving.
Well crap...
Old 12-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #9
JusticePete

Quote:
Well crap...
On my first read, I thought the parts list was a wish list. When I saw this reply, I reread your original post

I really like the BMR coil spring rates, especially with the B6 struts