Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-28-2017, 08:55 PM   #1
nty1234

Drives: 2015 2SS Summit White
Cts-v rotors clearing MMR 228s?

Hello everyone, thinking about doing the Cts-v 6 pot front brake upgrades in the near future and already purchased a set of MMR 228s. Bought the rims before I thought about doing the conversion and was wondering if the 6 pistons would clear the rims? obviously for track use I would not use these rims but on the street I would. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy new year!
nty1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:47 PM   #2
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I have the FS01s with the CTS-V 6 pots in 19x10. No problems with clearance. I have the 1LE offsets (+23mm in front), which will affect clearance.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:53 PM   #3
nty1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
I have the FS01s with the CTS-V 6 pots in 19x10. No problems with clearance.
Ok good to hear. Just a side note, for street driving how is the brake noise? and I have read on another thread about the brake pulsation on the street. Any input on these two questions?
Old 12-28-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nty1234 View Post
Ok good to hear. Just a side note, for street driving how is the brake noise? and I have read on another thread about the brake pulsation on the street. Any input on these two questions?
No issues with noise at all, but I have the 2 piece rotors. No pulsation - very smooth. I used a Motive pressure bleeder at about 5 psi (pretty low) to bleed them after install. The 1-piece rotors I hear may have a "clicking" noise. See DropSpeed's build thread. I used the stock performance pads from his build list.

I had pulsation before the brake upgrade, which I thought was either warped rotors or worn wheel bearings. I checked the bearings and the right front was worn out (the rotating action had clicking noises), so I replaced both with ZL1 spec bearing hubs. Not sure if the old rotors were warped or not.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:21 PM   #5
nty1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
No issues with noise at all, but I have the 2 piece rotors. No pulsation - very smooth. I used a Motive pressure bleeder at about 5 psi (pretty low) to bleed them after install. The 1-piece rotors I hear may have a "clicking" noise. See DropSpeed's build thread. I used the stock performance pads from his build list.

I had pulsation before the brake upgrade, which I thought was either warped rotors or worn wheel bearings. I checked the bearings and the right front was worn out (the rotating action had clicking noises), so I replaced both with ZL1 spec bearing hubs. Not sure if the old rotors were warped or not.
Awesome, I will check out his build thread. Thanks a lot man, Happy New Years!