Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-09-2018, 10:42 AM   #1
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Power Stop z23 rotor/pad kit - any "after install" reviews?

So, I know this has been asked a bunch on here, but in all my looking, I haven't seen but maybe one or two follow-ups to people installing this pad/rotor kit.

It's time to do brakes on my 2011SS, and I came across this kit for under $400 to do all 4 corners.

Yes, I know drilled/slotted are not ideal, and prone to crack under duress, but I'm looking to do this on a budget, and I'm no track monster - it's a daily that gets played with on occasion.

Can anyone who's used these brakes chime in on their satisfaction? I was originally looking to just replace with OEM brembo stuff, but from what I've seen, I can save ~150 going the Power Stop route.

Anyone with some experience using these brakes care to chime in? Hoping they're not a terrible decision, as I don't want to put this off for much longer in order to save the extra cash to replace with OEM stuff...
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:55 AM   #2
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I have that kit on for around 10k miles. I think they are very good brakes for the $. They can be a little squeaky when cold but that goes away, and there is zero dust from the ceramic pads. Easy to install as well. I’m very happy with mine and the rotors look great.
Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #3
hazy

awesome, thanks!!
Old 01-11-2018, 01:37 PM   #4
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
I installed a similar, set (z24??) on a friends SRT8 awhile ago. They look great. He does say that the OEM setup had better bite, but that they perform well. He did run into a problem with one of the rears, as it is grinding now. Could be a rock or broken pad. Most likely nothing to do with QC or install.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:40 AM   #5
Aaron0731

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
awesome, thanks!!
No problem! Sounds like your gonna go for it and buy the Powerstops. After you get some time with them post back what you think!
Aaron0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #6
hazy

I definitely will, unless there's a better deal to be found for an equivalent product. Still doing my digging, but these are at the top of the list right now for sure
Old 01-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #7
hazy

Since I've been looking around, I've come across 2 other options for far less than this powerstop kit. Looks to be the exact same product, just sold under multiple brand names.

R1 Concepts eLine series - ~230 w no hardware
Brakemotive - ~250 with hardware

I think now, I'm leaning towards the brakemotive stuff. Based on what I've dug around, it's effectively all the same stuff, and appears to be the exact same rotors between the 3 choices here (powerstop included) mfg in brazil, machined in USA

Pad compound may be different, but for the price, I'm thinking it's safe to assume they're probably very similar.

The brakemotive stuff seems to have pretty good reviews - very popular on corvetteforum, and a few other places I've looked. Yes, it's no carbon disc racing setup, but for doing sh*t on a budget 250 for all rotors, pads, and hardware is pretty alright.