Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-04-2017, 04:41 PM   #15
coramichel

Drives: 2017 LS1 Camaro
Left Rear Signal

Hi there... I'm starting to get a bit concerned... I have a 2017 1lt that doesn't even have 7k miles on it. So far I've had to have the passenger door speaker replaced, then my phone wasn't being recognized so they replaced the USB outlets... that didn't work, so they replaced the radio, which did the trick. This holiday weekend I'm driving on the L.A. freeways and my left rear signal goes out... I am NOT happy. I went and bought the new bulbs - I've replaced bulbs before, so no problem. But the booklet states only the reverse bulb can be replaced. I tried anyway and there was no way I could get into the area. I mean, I'm sure there _is_ a way, but I'm doing this in >100 degrees and I'm angry... This should NOT be happening to a car that doesn't even have 7k miles on it. The PIA part is I have to take it into the dealership... AGAIN... and lose work time... AGAIN. I LOVE my car, but this is becoming ridiculous...

Has anyone posted explicit instructions (with pictures - or better yet - a video) of how to replace the 2017 signal lights? I can't find anything on YT...

Thank you!
coramichel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:26 PM   #16
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by coramichel View Post
Hi there... I'm starting to get a bit concerned... I have a 2017 1lt that doesn't even have 7k miles on it. So far I've had to have the passenger door speaker replaced, then my phone wasn't being recognized so they replaced the USB outlets... that didn't work, so they replaced the radio, which did the trick. This holiday weekend I'm driving on the L.A. freeways and my left rear signal goes out... I am NOT happy. I went and bought the new bulbs - I've replaced bulbs before, so no problem. But the booklet states only the reverse bulb can be replaced. I tried anyway and there was no way I could get into the area. I mean, I'm sure there _is_ a way, but I'm doing this in >100 degrees and I'm angry... This should NOT be happening to a car that doesn't even have 7k miles on it. The PIA part is I have to take it into the dealership... AGAIN... and lose work time... AGAIN. I LOVE my car, but this is becoming ridiculous...

Has anyone posted explicit instructions (with pictures - or better yet - a video) of how to replace the 2017 signal lights? I can't find anything on YT...

Thank you!
Have you posted this on Camaro6? This forum is for 5th gens.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #17
dybala305

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.E.G. View Post
Deliberately necro-posting this thread from 2013.

By now, there ought to be some consensus about whether the right rear signal is a persistent problem, or whether it just seems to have been be the first to go on what were (in 2013) still relatively newly-built cars.

Anybody replace it once and done?

Anybody replacing it more frequently than seems like normal?

On the way to the parts store now to get a pack of 3157's now for my 2011 with 28K miles on it.
Had this problem with my 2013 Camaro in Feb/March 2017. With a little knocking on the plastic taillight, I could get the signal to work again and the dashboard warning to go away. I did this a number of times before my trick stopped working altogether. Replaced right rear signal bulb on March 9th. The light is now out again in December 2017. I was only able to knock on the taillight to get it to come back on once. My local Chevy dealer hadn't heard of issue before. Frustrating!
dybala305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:47 AM   #18
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dybala305 View Post
Had this problem with my 2013 Camaro in Feb/March 2017. With a little knocking on the plastic taillight, I could get the signal to work again and the dashboard warning to go away. I did this a number of times before my trick stopped working altogether. Replaced right rear signal bulb on March 9th. The light is now out again in December 2017. I was only able to knock on the taillight to get it to come back on once. My local Chevy dealer hadn't heard of issue before. Frustrating!
Maybe not the bulb, could be the bulb socket or wires/terminals in the socket, you could check bulb and contacts with an ohm meter.
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #19
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
3157 is a very common bulb. The original model T probably used that bulb somewhere...

I have some in my garage still and yes, I too usually ended up buying one and storing the extra only to discover I already had one...
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote