Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-24-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
cutter5002

Drives: 2010 camaro hopeful
Edmunds: Camaro V6 vs Genesis Coupe

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightlin...-coupe-38.html

Have a look at a few things below:

- Despite smaller rotors with single-piston calipers and a heftier curb weight, the Camaro turns in the better braking performance. Although both are quite good.

- At the quarter-mile, only a 1/10th of a second separates the two. With a one-foot roll-out, they post identical 0-60 mph sprints.

- One of them is $3,530 cheaper than the other. But which?
cutter5002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
people were saying the v6 camaro would get destroyed by the gen coupe im glad we can keep up (well almost.... 1/10th of a second pffft )

i saw a gen coupe it looked Nice... really nice

Im gonna have to test drive the genesis coupe when i finally get enough for a camaro... you know to compare

before you flame me You should check them out they are nice IMO i haven't test driven any gen coupe's yet or sat in them
there was a hyundai dealer at a stoplight and i happened to see one

oh boy
Old 03-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Wow like drivingincamaro said I was half expecting to see the Genesis Coupe slightly but decidedly beat the V6 Camaro in the performance bracket. Great to see they are very close! And the best thing is the price difference!
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
HA! Knew it.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #5
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Great Comparo,

I love the Genesis Coupe... its great that the greatest coupes out right now are 1: comming from an American manufacturer and 2: commin from a company that has had the WORST public image...

The Genesis Coupe is a GREAT car... but the Camaro is better
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:49 AM   #6
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
Great Comparo,

I love the Genesis Coupe... its great that the greatest coupes out right now are 1: comming from an American manufacturer and 2: commin from a company that has had the WORST public image...

The Genesis Coupe is a GREAT car... but the Camaro is better
First of all the Genesis is not "comming" It's COMING. Secondly, last time I checked, Hyundai is NOT an American manufacturer. Hyundai is KOREAN. They might build their tin can here in the good ol USA, but Hyundai IS NOT AMERICAN for God's sake! What the heck is wrong with people?:upset:
Old 03-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #7
Lakailb87

Drives: 03 RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
First of all the Genesis is not "comming" It's COMING. Secondly, last time I checked, Hyundai is NOT an American manufacturer. Hyundai is KOREAN. They might build their tin can here in the good ol USA, but Hyundai IS NOT AMERICAN for God's sake! What the heck is wrong with people?:upset:
I thought he meant one of them coming from an american company, aka the camaro. The second coming from a company with a bad public image aka the Hyundai Genesis, however I would disagree with it being the second best coupe coming out right now. I would much rather take the 370z or g37 over the Genesis
Lakailb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
If you're going to correct misspellings all the time internet forums are not your friend ; )

and he was talking about the Camaro and the Gen. Coupe I think.
Everybody knows Hyundai is Korean.
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #9
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Hyundai's reputation is rapidly changing with the latest reliability reports and the good reception for the Genesis sedan. It aint American and it aint a Camaro, but that Genesis Coupe is sweet.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:41 AM   #10
z06reznor

Drives: C5 Z06
Hyundai seems to be the car company darling of the press at the moment. It's obvious their quality has improved, but the Gen coupe does not do it for me at all. I personally don't like any of the Japanese or Korean newer "sports" coupes. I dunno, but I wonder if guys who grew up loving American muscle or sports cars are going to cross shop the Gen or the 370 z. They are just the antithesis of what I like in cars. I just would never want to own a Hyundai, could be Rolls Royce quality, still wouldn't buy one. I'm a proud drinker of the kool aid.
z06reznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:26 AM   #11
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
The new genesis coupe looks a lot like the old crappy tiburon (before the redesign) if you ask me.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:26 AM   #12
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
The new genesis coupe looks a lot like the old crappy tiburon (before the redesign) if you ask me.
- Xanthos

EPIC FAIL!
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #13
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
I'll say again, the 2010 Camaro LS/LT is the best bang-for-your-buck car I've ever seen in my lifetime. I can't believe GM pulled this off!
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:00 AM   #14
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
I saw a Genisis Coupe at the Dallas Auto Show and loved it till I tried to sit in it! It is just another import car for midgets. Wake up the auto industry.....there are tall people here in the States!! I am hoping my Camaro is just the right size!!
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote