Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #29
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Please elaborate.

Ted.
I know for a fact that HP Tuners has much more available than Advantage. I edited my other post for clarity.
DSteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #30
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
I know for a fact that HP Tuners has much more available than Advantage. I edited my other post for clarity.
REALLY??

Maybe I need a new pair of Glasses or it's an Illusion but when I open the same tune file in HP and SCT side by side I get tired of Counting tables in SCT Long AFTER I am done counting in HP tuners.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #31
DSteck
Account Suspended

Quote:
REALLY??

Maybe I need a new pair of Glasses or it's an Illusion but when I open the same tune file in HP and SCT side by side I get tired of Counting tables in SCT Long AFTER I am done counting in HP tuners.

Ted.
Maybe you need a newer version of HPT.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #32
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Maybe you need a newer version of HPT.
Got it this Past Sunday.

Have you opened and Veiwed a Version of Advantage Custom tuning Software?

I had posted Screen shots of just a few of the lists.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:07 AM   #33
DSteck
Account Suspended

Quote:
Got it this Past Sunday.

Have you opened and Veiwed a Version of Advantage Custom tuning Software?

I had posted Screen shots of just a few of the lists.
Yes, and I can do it all along with custom operating systems with HPT. SCT's looks more indepth because of the tree-style editor, something EFI Live does as well. People have bitched about wanting tree-style but personally, I don't like it.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 AM   #34
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Yes, and I can do it all along with custom operating systems with HPT. SCT's looks more indepth because of the tree-style editor, something EFI Live does as well. People have bitched about wanting tree-style but personally, I don't like it.
99% of the Masses don't need custom operating systems, Cool Features for sure but not necessary.

I have been using HPT since the beginning and I think I used custom Op systems 3 times, and never had a car I couldn't tune Properly.

Ted.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:45 AM   #35
DSteck
Account Suspended

Quote:
99% of the Masses don't need custom operating systems, Cool Features for sure but not necessary.

I have been using HPT since the beginning and I think I used custom Op systems 3 times, and never had a car I couldn't tune Properly.

Ted.
The cars I've done recently have had a habit of maxing the MAF frequency out.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #36
Enginerd

Drives: GM
You should always do your due diligence in this area. I've seen warranty claim vehicles that supposedly had some changes per mode in relation to torque management when all this particular company did was turn off the Master Upshift Torque Management enable and adjust the line pressure per pattern to achieve the feel of a change per mode. That is for a whole different topic as its probably something best left to the courts as its fraud however if the tuner you are looking at doesnt have a big local following there is probably a reason for it and I'll leave it at that.
Enginerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #37
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
The cars I've done recently have had a habit of maxing the MAF frequency out.
True True True, but for the amount of time they are at WOT you can roll the fuel in the PE, not may favorite thing to do but it works and works well.

Ted.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #38
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
I have used Vector and have been completely satisfied. They are also only a few miles away which really helped in my decision.....but i'm sure you can't go wrong with either of them.
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:42 AM   #39
DSteck
Account Suspended

Quote:
True True True, but for the amount of time they are at WOT you can roll the fuel in the PE, not may favorite thing to do but it works and works well.

Ted.
I made a promise to myself I'd never do that though. I lose money because I won't shortcut it but oh well, I'm in this game for the fun. The other problem I run into is the 67.75 lb/min airflow limit in the earlier E38s. Almost every cammed LS7 needs the extra room.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #40
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
I made a promise to myself I'd never do that though. I lose money because I won't shortcut it but oh well, I'm in this game for the fun. The other problem I run into is the 67.75 lb/min airflow limit in the earlier E38s. Almost every cammed LS7 needs the extra room.
I know I have one here with a Vortech YSI making over 700 RWHP at 6.5 psi boost.

I totally agree but a lot of people are not willing to pay for what really needs to be done.

They have 100K in the car and are crying about the price of the tune which you know is the most important part of any build.

Ted.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #41
spyderwebb

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS A99
Livernois custom tunes work great, both ECM and TCM (engine and transmission) and thier service is excellent, not saying I have done it though!
spyderwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #42
DSteck
Account Suspended

Quote:
a lot of people are not willing to pay for what really needs to be done.
Unfortunately this is too true.