Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #99
ZX1truth

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Poly grease question

I know it has been a while since anyone posted in this thread BUT I have a install question on the Hendrix Poly offset bushings. Do you install them into the differential dry or with a little poly lube?????? And then the aluminum bolts sleeves dry or lubed????

Thx in advance guys!!!

LME built LSX427 w/t all Callies internals| AGP 65/65 TT | Holley Sniper Intake | Brodix BR3/LME custom ported | LME custom cam | Pro EFI 112 ECU | ID-1700x | NGK BR7EF | AGP's-Fore Triple Fuel pump | Monster LT1-S Triple | ZL1 3.23 diff, CF driveshaft, ZL1 axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw | Pfadt solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Ground Control camber/caster plates | Accelerated Racing Solutions tuned|
God is too good! I don't deserve it, but I sure will accept it!!!
ZX1truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:11 PM   #100
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
I put them in dry. If you want to lube them to make it easier, that is up to you, they are a non moving part so they dont need it.

-Adam@pegasuscnc.com
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #101
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Lube them..... makes it a lot easier in my opinion. I try both ways and will never do it dry again.
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #102
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Pressed mine in dry
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:12 PM   #103
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
Installed a set today. Had quite a bit of clearance issues..ZL1 diff,ZL1 frame.
Had to cut about at least 1/2" off the front cross section and had to heat up a section of the frame so I could bang it up a bit to get clearance between the frame and the top/front section of the diff.The front 2 bolts would not even line up if I wouldn't have modified the frame. No big deal,I had the frame off the car.it's not the original frame of my car,so I didn't mind modifying it. Some are saying that the offset bushings made the diff way louder,make sure you check to make sure you have enough clearance.This may not apply to the SS,but I had to do it with the ZL1 setup.Haven't drove it yet,so I can say how noisy the diff is.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:10 PM   #104
Milf_Town2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
These still in production?
Milf_Town2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:06 PM   #105
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I got mine from phastek... not cheap $150
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #106
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
I bought and installed the Hendrix poly offset bushings about 9 months ago. Noticed a small amount of diff noise I didn't have with BMR poly diff bushings I had before. The work as advertised but the hole in the metal bush is quite a big bigger than the 3 diff bolts, if the rear clunks after install, this is the problem. I really think Hendrix should supply the 3 metal bushings with an ID much closer to the OD of the 3 retaining bolts.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:30 AM   #107
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
I bought and installed the Hendrix poly offset bushings about 9 months ago. Noticed a small amount of diff noise I didn't have with BMR poly diff bushings I had before. The work as advertised but the hole in the metal bush is quite a big bigger than the 3 diff bolts, if the rear clunks after install, this is the problem. I really think Hendrix should supply the 3 metal bushings with an ID much closer to the OD of the 3 retaining bolts.
Interesting, i didn't notice that. I have no clunk.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 11:29 AM   #108
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
Interesting, i didn't notice that. I have no clunk.
I have the delrin offsets and have zero problems as well. I don't recall the sleeves being that much bigger than the bolts.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:04 PM   #109
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
I just did these in my car !!!
Im getting that (CLUNK) real bad but I also did polyurethane motor mounts and full BMR suspension with polyurethane bushings aluminum cradle mounts everything & pedders coilovers ! Im about 1.25-1.50” inches lower . The (CLUNK) is the only thing really bothering me. I am going to get a one piece driveshaft is that going to make it worse?
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:52 PM   #110
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I just did these in my car !!!
Im getting that (CLUNK) real bad but I also did polyurethane motor mounts and full BMR suspension with polyurethane bushings aluminum cradle mounts everything & pedders coilovers ! Im about 1.25-1.50” inches lower . The (CLUNK) is the only thing really bothering me. I am going to get a one piece driveshaft is that going to make it worse?
Well you took away all the slack for movement by replacing the rubber with poly. There's gonna be more NVH. But what clunk are you talking about? Did you install the bushings correctly?
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #111
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
NVH i know would be alot more lol !!!! That’s not what bothers me .I had a shop that works on road course cars do the job and they are extremely knowledgeable they’ve done a couple of Camaro’s !! . They did the job correctly!!!
When I jacked up the car and got under it I twisted the driveshaft that is the exact clunk I am getting ! It’s coming from we are the driveshaft meets up with the differential !!!
If it’s something I am going to have to deal with I will just didn’t know if it’s something that could be fixed or not but I am definitely doing a one piece driveshaft.
Just not sure if I am doing the aluminum one or the carbon fiber one ???
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 02:27 PM   #112
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
NVH i know would be alot more lol !!!! That’s not what bothers me .I had a shop that works on road course cars do the job and they are extremely knowledgeable they’ve done a couple of Camaro’s !! . They did the job correctly!!!
When I jacked up the car and got under it I twisted the driveshaft that is the exact clunk I am getting ! It’s coming from we are the driveshaft meets up with the differential !!!
If it’s something I am going to have to deal with I will just didn’t know if it’s something that could be fixed or not but I am definitely doing a one piece driveshaft.
Just not sure if I am doing the aluminum one or the carbon fiber one ???
If it is where the driveshaft meets the diff and you can hear it when you rotate by hand. It sounds like the backlash on the pinion could be off....and or the pinion bearing. I had a similar problem. Ran BMR bushings on an old diff. Had the same clunk. I was running a 1 piece DSS shaft at the time. Using factory now. Pulled the diff and found the backlash was off and the bearing worn. The clunk was the pinion gear hitting the ring gear and the play in the bearing. The diff wasnt moving. Maybe you have the same problem.

More to come.