Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-25-2017, 09:47 PM   #15
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I speak from experience haha!! Your car is just fine the way it is. You dont need to do anything except have fun, your car stock is an amazing piece of machinery. For those that are new here, this is what a stock 1LE can do!
http://www.camaro5.com/stock-1le-put...repped-cars-2/
Old 09-26-2017, 09:25 PM   #16
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike Bar View Post
I know this thread is a few months old, but I am currently in a situation of trying to decide whether to track my ZL or buy an older track prepped car. Nothing fancy or fast, just something to track. You have a good point on the costs for tracking the Camaro vs something with smaller tires and cheaper related parts that will wear out. Is that really accurate on the tire and pad replacement? only 2 or 3 track days? if so, then I would be leaning toward something like you described and maybe just track the ZL every once in a while.
I did 3 track days on my stock GY's when I first got this car, and still managed to get them to about 11k miles before replacement.

I'd say if it's a concern, and you have a second vehicle, a spare wheelset with more durable all seasons for the drive there and back can help quite a bit, I believe that quite a few track day folks have a set of dedicated rims / tires just for that. While there's cost involved, it's cheaper than dealing with a 2nd vehicle.

I'd say to just go to your first one, see how hard the bug hits you, and decide from there. Make sure your fluids are fresh, brakes in good shape, and just go have fun.