Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablodiaz72 View Post
Has anyone had the problem of hearing air escaping while in 2nd and 4th gear for a LS manual transmission? I had just recently had took it in to the dealer because the "dealer installed" 20 inch wheels were not aligned. I found that out by slowly breaking it in and after 600 miles, drove past 65 and noticed the steering wheel rattled at speeds in excess of 65. When they fixed the alignment, I noticed air escaping noise in 2nd gear, and the same noise at a lesser volume in 4th as I drove the car home that I previously never heard.
pablodiaz72,

Have you mentioned your latest concerns to the dealership you've been involved with previously? Let me know if there is anything I may be able to do to assist. You are more than welcome to message me regarding your situation.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #16
pablodiaz72

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro LS
Thanks, will do William.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
pablodiaz72,

Have you mentioned your latest concerns to the dealership you've been involved with previously? Let me know if there is anything I may be able to do to assist. You are more than welcome to message me regarding your situation.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
pablodiaz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablodiaz72 View Post
Thanks, will do William.
Appreciate it,

Just responded to your message .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #18
Cgjr2729

Drives: 2014 ss-2
2014 ss camaro 6 speed trans problems

I bought a new 2014 ss-2 camaro I'm getting a lot of problems out of the trans. When you let out on the clutch it seems to have something like slack in the driveshaft an when going from first to second you can really feel the slack an when coming out of a parking lot in first as to come to a stop before pulling out as I push in the clutch it sounds as if it's in a bind and you can feel and here it break free it could use some good info thank you
Cgjr2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:04 PM   #19
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Generally for the problem you describe faint rattling noise when idling in neutral and clutch not depressed it is the throw out bearing causing the sound. It likely will not ever cause a problem. I have this issue on my '02 S10 and have driven over 80K miles and it still works strong. It is annoying don't get me wrong, but the only solution is to tear open the transmission for a part that is a minor annoyance and not a failure.

Good news is your transmission is covered for 10years/100K miles.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:11 PM   #20
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
I want a manual, wish the dealer would just swap the transmissions out or a fellow member wants to swap

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #21
junior2ssrs

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I have a new 2013 ZL1 just purchased and when the tranny is cold make nasty whirring/grinding noise in first and second. Goes away when you go into neutral with
the clutch out.

I see most posts is that GM techs say this is normal..no worries? Anyone have any other experience or fix for it? Or a major failure because of it?
junior2ssrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 01:29 PM   #22
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior2ssrs View Post
I have a new 2013 ZL1 just purchased and when the tranny is cold make nasty whirring/grinding noise in first and second. Goes away when you go into neutral with
the clutch out.

I see most posts is that GM techs say this is normal..no worries? Anyone have any other experience or fix for it? Or a major failure because of it?
None, something is wrong.. After trans is warm does it stop?
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:34 PM   #23
junior2ssrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
None, something is wrong.. After trans is warm does it stop?
Yeah it quiets down after coming to temp.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #24
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
Not an expert here. What about calling Tremec and explaining situation and asking for advice? I would think they could at least rule out tranny and give you a direction to go with. Just a thought.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:53 AM   #25
junior2ssrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterboy8 View Post
Not an expert here. What about calling Tremec and explaining situation and asking for advice? I would think they could at least rule out tranny and give you a direction to go with. Just a thought.
Thanks winterboy8 for the suggestion. I may go that route. I have seen other posts on Camaro5 of folks that had the same thing that say the dealers says its normal but going to Termec may at least give me peace of mind.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:58 AM   #26
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
You sure it's not heat shield related or exhaust that goes away after it heats up? Since you have the highest two rev points in 1st and 2nd, that would make sense until the thin metal heated and would not vibrate. I just cant image what in the trans would rattle and would go away after the oil heated.. If you had more miles I could think of a few things in the clutch plate that might but not at 1700 miles. Best of luck..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:56 AM   #27
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Just noticed where you live. Let it warm good. Mine in the cold was hard to shift and is noisy but once it warms up the oil good it all goes away.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #28
LHRxDeadx

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgjr2729 View Post
I bought a new 2014 ss-2 camaro I'm getting a lot of problems out of the trans. When you let out on the clutch it seems to have something like slack in the driveshaft an when going from first to second you can really feel the slack an when coming out of a parking lot in first as to come to a stop before pulling out as I push in the clutch it sounds as if it's in a bind and you can feel and here it break free it could use some good info thank you
Mine does the same thing its a 2013 SS with 7k miles on it. Ive taken it to two gm dealers and they both say its normal. But im still trying to track it down
LHRxDeadx is offline   Reply With Quote