Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
StentS

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary LS3
Angry Airbag Sensor

Gone...

Last edited by StentS; 05-13-2012 at 08:32 PM.
StentS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
It's a crap shoot really. They're of course going to say that it could have happened on your drive to/from the dealer. If they continue to give you crap, open a case with GM. That always gets the dealer's attention.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by StentS View Post
I was sent the letter stating to bring the car in for the airbag sensor reprogramming at my convenience. I took the car in Monday and waited. The service manager tells me the airbag sensor for the passenger seat is malfunctioning and they do not have the part in stock so they have to order it.
So they get me a rental and tell me it will be done on Wednesday. They called, said it was ready. I went and picked it up this afternoon, happy to have my baby back..... until I got it home in my garage and started to wipe it down with my California Duster... Keep in mind this car has 2300 miles on it and I hover over it like it was my first born. Wash it every week, wax it every other week. Never goes out in bad weather...etc, etc.
So as I start to wipe the hood... I find this... A ding on the top of the drivers side fender.. bigger than a matchhead... I am ready to go back to the dealer tomorrow with a bazooka and blow the whole place into another dimension....
Gets me that no one owned up to it. Whoever did it, KNEW they did it and I have to assume they hoped it would just go unnoticed. Now there will be hell to pay. If the dealer doesn't fix it, or at least own up to it, what are my options here? Other than the Bazooka...
I understand that this is very frustrating. If you still have concerns after your trip to the dealership, I will be more than happy to investigate your concern.

All the best,

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Looks like a rock chip to me.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #5
RUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 Black SS M6
That sucks but I would like to know what the fix for the airbag sensor was. Mine passenger sensor just started malfunctioning this week.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
I really don't care what it looks like to you. It wasn't there when I dropped it off at the dealer. I know because I had just cleaned the car that morning and I would have seen it.... It is on the top of the fender. A rock would have had to bounce across the hood to chip there and would have caused more damage. It happened at the dealer.... period
Well, if you're adamant that the dealer did it, you should give them an opportunity to correct it to your satisfaction. At least then you might have a shot at getting it repaired at no cost to you. They might tell you to pound sand, but if you take it somewhere else to get fixed you'll have no chance of recouping your loss. Just a suggestion.

Sorry if I offended you.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
That would iritate me to know end. I would at least give the dealer a chance before taking it elsewhere. The worst they could do would be to say no, which would be very dumb. I'm sure another dealer around would love to have your money.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
blocky

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Apologize for what?

Strych9- What are you apologizing for? That chip or ding could have happened anywhere. Unfortunately, this is what happens when we drive. Unless the car was covered and on a flat bed...........ANYTHING could have happened.

Stent- It seems like you have a bit of an attitude. You should have done a once around before you left the dealership if you have such psychosis over this vehicle.

If the dealership did decide to fix it....it would be because they are trying to make the customer happy. In a court of law....SORRY....you lose big time.
blocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blocky View Post
Strych9- What are you apologizing for? That chip or ding could have happened anywhere. Unfortunately, this is what happens when we drive. Unless the car was covered and on a flat bed...........ANYTHING could have happened.

Stent- It seems like you have a bit of an attitude. You should have done a once around before you left the dealership if you have such psychosis over this vehicle.

If the dealership did decide to fix it....it would be because they are trying to make the customer happy. In a court of law....SORRY....you lose big time.
EXACTLY THIS!!

First off I know for a fact that to repair the pass air bag sensor or what ever was wrong, the tech WAS NO WHERE NEAR that area of the car. I highly doubt the guy beside him through a wrench at the car and said OOPS, he wont notice that?!.

That my friend is a rock chip, plain and simple, if anything would have happen or was done by the dealership there would be more evidence, such as a dent, scratch, something, not just a chip. And just an FYI some techs actually take pride in their work and are not out there to destroy your car, instead of wanting to rocket launch the place settle down and think a little, its a car, your freaking over a chip that could have been done by you, the dealer or the outdoor elements. You could get this fixed and on the way home from this shop have a rock hit your hood and chip it and now what you'll wanna rocket launch mother nature?

GO back to the dealership and explain your situation, getting it fixed somewhere else is only going to give you more headaches especially with the color of your car, not very many shops can match that properly no matter how trust worthy of a shop it is, unless your willing to hash out some serious cash. Plus if you get it done at the dealership and there is a problem they fix it and your warranty on paint is still rolling, as soon as another shop touches the paint on your car kiss it goodbye, no matter if they never touched the panel you want done under warranty.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, complete JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint, Eforce Supercharger w. 3" pulley, ADM FPCM, ID850's, JRE fuel rail mod, Eforce CAI, Moroso catch can, spark plug insulators.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
montyhp

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Red Jewel w/Beige
Quote:
I really don't care what it looks like to you. It wasn't there when I dropped it off at the dealer. I know because I had just cleaned the car that morning and I would have seen it.... It is on the top of the fender. A rock would have had to bounce across the hood to chip there and would have caused more damage. It happened at the dealer.... period
Sorry, you are wrong. That could easily be a rock chip. Recommend you get some touch up paint (Dr Colorchip?) and learn how to use it. These things happen pretty frequently.
montyhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
USARCPT

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS TF3 LS3
Man, it got real spicy in here mighty fast...
Old 05-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #12
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Quote:
Like I said... It happened at the dealer. We did a walk around on the car at the the dealer before I left it. There was no ding. The tech had the hood open and had his laptop sitting on the fender on a fender cover. I watched him for a while.
So do NOT assume you are all experts. You are all a bunch of forum feeders with no clue...
Ya I'm sorry must have been the fender cover that dinged your car... actually a more realistic way of looking at it would to be say that Casper the friendly ghost dinged your car.

Lesson learn, do a walk around of your car before it leaves the dealer, especially if your a anal nut bag about it, heck i drive a Z06 and im not even that bad and my car is significantly more expensive than yours.

Also be careful as to who and what you call "from feeders with no clue" because I KNOW for a fact I have a BIG clue about vehicles, especially GM vehicles, I've been a GM grand master technician for 2 yrs straight and will be going to the national competition this summer... If you dont like the answer your getting from everyone, stop bashing everyone.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, complete JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint, Eforce Supercharger w. 3" pulley, ADM FPCM, ID850's, JRE fuel rail mod, Eforce CAI, Moroso catch can, spark plug insulators.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Quote:
Very nice response very professional.... and you wonder why I say no clue? 2 whole years? Impressive 22 posts here.... even more impressive... So if you drive a corvette why are you posting in the Camaro forums?
Go play in your own sandbox....
Trust me I can answer in a professional manner, I actually did a couple posts up and you called me out along with everyone else taking time out of their day to help you out. If you don't like the answers your getting that's fine but don't be calling people out. I answer in a professional manner day in day out to customers and sometimes we treat people with the best customer service in the world and still get shit on like we would have literally shit inside their vehicle, fun right? We find problems for them, fix them for free under warranty, sometimes goodwill it for them and we still get bitched at, go figure, nothings is ever good enough. But then again we can do things for people and put the nicest smiles on their faces which remind me that sometimes my job is worth it.

Post count means nothing, I feel like I can help people with problems I commonly see or that I can make people feel at ease when they think they have big issues with their vehicle when its a simple small repair. I have access to a TON of information and repair instructions for all GM vehicles, which im pretty sure is very nice to have around here.

I have been working for a GM dealership since I was 15, when I graduated high school I went straight to GM ASEP training school right away, did all my 4 terms, passed with flying colors, got my hours, performed all the required jobs, wrote my Red Seal, passed with honors and now I'm a fully licensed GM mechanic at 22 yrs old. I have been doing GM tech guilds for 4 yrs, finished as a "Skilled Technician" for two years, got "Grand Master" for another 2 yrs. I could not attend the national last year but will attend it this year. I bought my Corvette last year, and bought the wife's Camaro a couple months ago. My wife and I work our asses off everyday to pay these cars and were darn proud of out accomplishments.

I would really appreciate if you have anything to call me out on personally or professionally, that you PM me with your concerns and we can have a chat then.