Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 08-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #57
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
If you were only 20 miles away a trip in sat would have been a viable option as well. They had everything there for view. The internet connection sucked, I was not able to find out info until 1am.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #58
Drottie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible in VR
I had a blast, the instructors were a big help as usual. This year was a lot smoother than last year. It will be awesome to see what the Camarocross is like in TX!! A big thank you again to all the folks that put in a ton of work to plan and run this event.
Whipple 2.9L with 3.875" pulley
CBI ESAD cam with Tooley springs
ADM fuel with ID850 injectors DSX Tune
MGW shifter
20" TSW Nurbering 275/315 Nitto NT05
Carlyle Performance 15" kit with Pfadt solid subframe inserts
C.A.I. cold air intake
SLP LT headers, 3" exhaust, no cats, x-pipe
ZL1 dual mode mufflers
Lighting controlled by NightOwl

2010 SS/RS LS3 - SOLD-
#15,852 build date 06/05/2009
CGM w/flat black stripes
Drottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #59
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman1135 View Post
Had a great time friday PM,, ran the car 5 times , worked a corner for the 2nd. heat. I see they skipped over a few of us in the top 5 times me for one #49 c-3 class why.. Was told at the end of racing friday the times would be posted along with finals information,,, that night on c5 it was not .. I live in Indiana 20 miles from the track ,,, came home made some adjustments to the car looked on c5 for a post ,facebook for a post no information,, or to late information.. Disapointed to say the least in c5's and the way they put out info.. I could have ran saturday but i did not know i could have untill after the fact..They need a big sign over the camarocross that says times and finals info..with a teenager that can put the info on line and facebook ( in a timely manner) you know someone that knows what their doing.
Only the top THREE in each SESSION made the finals......You were FIFTH place in your session, and a FULL SECOND behind the fourth place finisher in that session. To me, and probably anybody with half a brain that should probably knock you out of contention as a "fast" car to be added later anyway.

As for the part about needing a teenager that knows how to use a computer to do this stuff..... YOU HAVE NO FRIKIN CLUE WHAT AND WHO YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!! Melanie has more computer ability AND knowledge in her little finger than probably 75% of the people on the planet, she was doing this ALL BY HERSELF, and dealing with the worst wifi I've seen in quite a while. Maybe if know-it alls like you would pitch in and help a little, things would have been posted in a timely fashion..... The woman stayed up till after 2 am to make sure all this was done, then had to be at the track by 7, and this is the kind of thanks you give her?????

I think somebody needs to grow up and realize the world doesn't revolve around them. An adult would show some common courtesy and RESPECT to people that give up LARGE amounts of their time for ZERO benefit to them so OTHER PEOPLE can have FUN! Not piss and moan about it when they find out they aren't as good of a driver as they think they are......

Have a nice day!

Now, let's get back on track, shall we????

To anybody wanting to see the final standings, there have been some minor technical difficulties with some of the equipment, but I believe the final results should be posted later this evening.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #60
Gman1135

Drives: 2011 Camaro,2SS,RS,M6
Over all very good ,,,,, just saying there were some gaps
maybe they should be payed ,, everything there had a high price on it, from a $3 cup of coffee to a $8 pork sandwich. I will pay more to the people that give a LARGE amount of their time so they or them can get help,,,and it wouldn't be as much work for one. I don't know Melanie I'm sure shes very nice,, but me and the majority don't know her.
YES I HAVE NO FRIKIN CLUE BECAUSE I HAVE NO INFO

Last edited by Gman1135; 08-04-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Gman1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #61
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
Only the top THREE in each SESSION made the finals......You were FIFTH place in your session, and a FULL SECOND behind the fourth place finisher in that session. To me, and probably anybody with half a brain that should probably knock you out of contention as a "fast" car to be added later anyway.

As for the part about needing a teenager that knows how to use a computer to do this stuff..... YOU HAVE NO FRIKIN CLUE WHAT AND WHO YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!! Melanie has more computer ability AND knowledge in her little finger than probably 75% of the people on the planet, she was doing this ALL BY HERSELF, and dealing with the worst wifi I've seen in quite a while. Maybe if know-it alls like you would pitch in and help a little, things would have been posted in a timely fashion..... The woman stayed up till after 2 am to make sure all this was done, then had to be at the track by 7, and this is the kind of thanks you give her?????

I think somebody needs to grow up and realize the world doesn't revolve around them. An adult would show some common courtesy and RESPECT to people that give up LARGE amounts of their time for ZERO benefit to them so OTHER PEOPLE can have FUN! Not piss and moan about it when they find out they aren't as good of a driver as they think they are......

Have a nice day!

To anybody wanting to see the final standings, there have been some minor technical difficulties with some of the equipment, but I believe the final results should be posted later this evening.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #62
chriSStine

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS 6M
Autocross helpers

Quote:

Have a nice day!

&

I'm sorry, but I need to say that there was assistance. I am not in any way dismissing the amount of work that Melanie put in to making this event happen. I was crushed though to see you post that she did it alone. I have attended every meeting and offered to assist in every and any way possible. Then took a week of my two weeks from work, drove from Texas and worked in that booth for every single session. Not to mention the fact that I also worked after hours to compile information for the safety meetings to make sure all issues were addressed in that meeting. In addition Lady88 and her husband, who were attending Camarofest for the first time, gave up every minute of fun to be there at 7am and work to make the event go smoothly. Again I would like to reiterate I am not diminishing the work of others, but when putting up a post like this it would be gracious to acknowledge the efforts of ALL. Thank you.
chriSStine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #63
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
I did make the finals,,,I didn't compete because i did not know i made it,I made changes to the car friday night and thought I could do alot better in the 2nd. round...and the anger i think you just bring it out of me but I'll work on that.
The information was posted Saturday @ 1:37 pm, after the morning session was completed.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=46

If you were so worried about doing better or getting more practice in you could have gotten up early, Saturday, and run your car. You did not. No one to blame but yourself. Quit crying.

The TEAM that did the CamaroCross this year was Awesome. Thank you.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #64
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriSStine View Post
I'm sorry, but I need to say that there was assistance. I am not in any way dismissing the amount of work that Melanie put in to making this event happen. I was crushed though to see you post that she did it alone. I have attended every meeting and offered to assist in every and any way possible. Then took a week of my two weeks from work, drove from Texas and worked in that booth for every single session. Not to mention the fact that I also worked after hours to compile information for the safety meetings to make sure all issues were addressed in that meeting. In addition Lady88 and her husband, who were attending Camarofest for the first time, gave up every minute of fun to be there at 7am and work to make the event go smoothly. Again I would like to reiterate I am not diminishing the work of others, but when putting up a post like this it would be gracious to acknowledge the efforts of ALL. Thank you.
I'm VERY sorry, that's not how I meant it. I was EXTREMELY angry at the time, and didn't make my point clearly. Most of his complaining seemed to be centered around how long it took to get the results posted on Friday night, THAT is what I was referencing. It's a job she took on willingly, and quite frankly would have been difficult to have help with anyhow, but it wasn't easy and the problems with the wifi didn't help matters. Then this "person" comes on here and starts throwing insults at MY WIFE.......? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!

I am EXTREMELY sorry if any of the other GREAT CamaroCross team members felt slighted by what I said. You ALL did an AWESOME job with your individual areas of responsibilities, and an absolutely INCREDIBLE job on a whole as a team!

To the rest of the team...... I am deeply sorry.

I think it best if I take a break from the site for a little bit. Later.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #65
Gman1135

Drives: 2011 Camaro,2SS,RS,M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
The information was posted Saturday @ 1:37 pm, after the morning session was completed.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=46

If you were so worried about doing better or getting more practice in you could have gotten up early, Saturday, and run your car. You did not. No one to blame but yourself. Quit crying.

The TEAM that did the CamaroCross this year was Awesome. Thank you.

T.
I agree the camarocross team did awesome job. thank you;
But the turth is,, look at the time 1:37 pm saturday, wasn't there at 7:00 am saturday , didn't know I made it. wasn't my time to be there I REJ. FOR A TIME SLOT. Not going to Texas ,not worring ,not crying,not getting my head bite off for saying the turth, done with c5
Gman1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #66
chriSStine

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS 6M
Quote:
I'm VERY sorry, that's not how I meant it. I was EXTREMELY angry at the time, and didn't make my point clearly. Most of his complaining seemed to be centered around how long it took to get the results posted on Friday night, THAT is what I was referencing. It's a job she took on willingly, and quite frankly would have been difficult to have help with anyhow, but it wasn't easy and the problems with the wifi didn't help matters. Then this "person" comes on here and starts throwing insults at MY WIFE.......? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!

I am EXTREMELY sorry if any of the other GREAT CamaroCross team members felt slighted by what I said. You ALL did an AWESOME job with your individual areas of responsibilities, and an absolutely INCREDIBLE job on a whole as a team!

To the rest of the team...... I am deeply sorry.

I think it best if I take a break from the site for a little bit. Later.
Thank so very much. I understand your frustration completely and wish that people attending Camarofest knew the amount of time, effort, and personal expense that each and every person who works to put on an event like this invests for more than a year in advance of the event. If they did, comments like this would NEVER occur in the first place. We will just have to content ourselves with this knowledge and encourage each other so we can continue to put on these venues and continue to improve our processes. Also, no matter what we do, there will be at least one person in every crowd that will be a source of negativity because they don't know how to properly provide positive input.
I look forward to working with you all again next year. Great job! Well done!!
chriSStine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #67
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
It was an awesome time guys/gals. It was nice meeting all of you! We all know what kind of job we did it doesn't matter what others think.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #68
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Gman, can you pm me your name please.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #69
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
If anyone has anything negative to say about anything, especially if it has to due with Time Sheets and our responsibility to contact you feel free to pm any negative comments to me and/or Pete, do not post them here or i will ask they be removed. It seems that there were a good many people that were at the tent and ran the finals with no issues.

The entire team did an outstanding job, above and beyond what was expected.
Each and everyone of the team members has my sincere gratitude, you all were AMAZING.

I would love to hear some more of the positive responses from the majority of the people that had a great time.

To those that worked for us at the CamaroCross, please don't respond to any negative comments, we will handle those between Pete and I.

Thank you again
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #70
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
I agree the camarocross team did awesome job. thank you;
But the turth is,, look at the time 1:37 pm saturday, wasn't there at 7:00 am saturday , didn't know I made it. wasn't my time to be there I REJ. FOR A TIME SLOT. Not going to Texas ,not worring ,not crying,not getting my head bite off for saying the turth, done with c5
If it was there at 7:00 am, like you are asking, how would the folks who ran Saturday morning know if they made it or not? That just does not make any sense! Those folks had just as much of a chance to make the finals as you did running Friday morning.

Besides, it rained Friday night/Saturday morning so they, Saturday morning group, got off to a late start. Not their fault but mother natures. Would you like to complain about that as well?

Again, you could have come over to the course, you are only 20 miles away if you were at home, and checked yourself but you chose not to so, again, you have no one to blame but yourself.

You are done with C5? Well, I can not say we will miss your negativity. Bye.

There is always one,

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote