Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #1247
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I want to spill the commercial can of beans, but I only have

• Tremec 6060 6 Speed Manual Transmission
• MTI Short Throw Shifter
• Driveshaft Shop HD 1400HP Axle Shafts
• Be Cool Radiator
• American Racing Headers
• Forgeline Wheels, 20”X10.5”
• Michelin Tires, 305/35ZR20
• Specter Werkes Extractor Hood
• RPM Six Point Roll Bar
• Corbeau TRS Leather Seats and 5 Point Belts
• LS7 Engine, 681HP @ 6700 RPM / 588 LB/FT @5600
• 9.5” Differential, 373 Ratio with no preload TracRite® GT – Helical Gear Limited Slip

In a few days and no further than 10 days out. I'll name names and post a rendering. I believe that this Camaro build will be a community event. There are so many that have contributed. This thread is a perfect example. I can't imagine GM isn't watching and learning because we certainly are. The only portion of this build that will disappoint the true Z/28 enthusiast is the price point. That is the only bad news and it really isn't that bad. The first car is built to a ridiculous standard. Customer builds will reflect the customer's wants, desires and budget. Only GM would be able to produce the Z/28 with more customer friendly pricing because they won't have a pile of expensive take off parts. You know, a LS3, a Tremec gear box, Brembo brakes, suspension, wheels and tires... not to mention the labor to strip it all out.

The ZL1 posted spectacular numbers from the Ring run. I 'know' what our car would do, but knowing and proving are two different things. I have checked a number of items off my bucket list. I have not checked off the run the Ring with a Pedderised Camaro box. Then again, I wasn't too sure I would be involved in a build like this

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #1248
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Call me crazy but I think we are going to hear something sooner than later..... and the sooner the better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Amen, brother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Well they only have 13 hours to announce it today for my birthday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Maybe not that soon.....
Soon is a relative term

Happy Birthday Blizzard!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #1249
Brad02SS

Drives: 02 35th LE SS, 08 G8 GT
Depending on the ZL1 pricing I may find myself following what Pete is up to. I would love the see that 'Ring time.
Picking some parts from the above I think you could make your own corner carver for less than a ZL1. Figure a nice SS for about $35k, add $10k in mods, save $10k from a ZL1. I know what a Pedderised G8 can do (amazing), maybe one of these days I'll be in a Pederised SS.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #1250
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
What it would be the perfect gift from GM to me that I could share with everyone.
You have a birthday next year though, right?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #1251
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad02SS View Post
Depending on the ZL1 pricing I may find myself following what Pete is up to. I would love the see that 'Ring time.
Picking some parts from the above I think you could make your own corner carver for less than a ZL1. Figure a nice SS for about $35k, add $10k in mods, save $10k from a ZL1. I know what a Pedderised G8 can do (amazing), maybe one of these days I'll be in a Pederised SS.
I'm here to tell ya... I reeeeaaalllly want my wife to get a G8 when we trade in the Tahoe...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #1252
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Soon is a relative term

Happy Birthday Blizzard!
Thank you, I am celebrating my 5 year anniversary of my 21st birthday to day lets hope it ends the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You have a birthday next year though, right?
But that only means we will have just over two months for it to make production and delivered before the world end lol.

But I guess I can live with what I get today, BB king is playing at my University today, so nice for the University to get him for my birthday I mean it is for me right. Also Forza 4 is waiting at my house for when I get off work.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #1253
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Thank you, I am celebrating my 5 year anniversary of my 21st birthday to day lets hope it ends the same.

But that only means we will have just over two months for it to make production and delivered before the world end lol.

But I guess I can live with what I get today, BB king is playing at my University today, so nice for the University to get him for my birthday I mean it is for me right. Also Forza 4 is waiting at my house for when I get off work.
I think it's fantastic that the University got BB King to play for your Birthday! A shame that Albert King passed away, they could have gotten him instead, he's always been a favorite of mine.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #1254
JusticePete

Quote:

Damn a Z/28 and Blues lover!!!

Road trip on top of the road trip. C5FEST INDY INDY to Buddy Guy's Chicago. Oh hell we'll just break the bank and head over to the Chicago Chop House or Gene and Giorgetti's for dinner and then Buddy Guy's

We'll hit up msw444 for some Cuban's too

Note to C5 Staff: Don't start any Saturday activities until after 2 pm.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #1255
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
I think it's fantastic that the University got BB King to play for your Birthday! A shame that Albert King passed away, they could have gotten him instead, he's always been a favorite of mine.
Clyde
You're in too.

This road trip is restricted to Z/28 and blues lovers ONLY
Old 10-11-2011, 01:46 PM   #1256
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:

• Be Cool Radiator
• RPM Six Point Roll Bar
• 9.5” Differential, 373 Ratio with no preload TracRite® GT – Helical Gear Limited Slip
Nice........ How much if I send my SS to you guys for the conversion? -- I've got axles, blower, fuel, exhaust... Just need the other bits...

That looks like the kind of end result I want..
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #1257
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Quote:
Damn a Z/28 and Blues lover!!!

Road trip on top of the road trip. C5FEST INDY INDY to Buddy Guy's Chicago. Oh hell we'll just break the bank and head over to the Chicago Chop House or Gene and Giorgetti's for dinner and then Buddy Guy's

We'll hit up msw444 for some Cuban's too

Note to C5 Staff: Don't start any Saturday activities until after 2 pm.
Im ready.

And just opened Forza 4 Limited edition, if no one hears from me in 4 days....
Old 10-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #1258
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Im ready.

And just opened Forza 4 Limited edition, if no one hears from me in 4 days....
LOL!!! I went to Best Buy twice today - once for my pre-order and a second time for my brother. FM4 is how I'm getting my CAMARO fix taken care of

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #1259
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
LOL!!! I went to Best Buy twice today - once for my pre-order and a second time for my brother. FM4 is how I'm getting my CAMARO fix taken care of
No lie, now all I need is a fantec setup, anyone got $500 buck I can have lol
Old 10-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #1260
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

• Be Cool Radiator
• RPM Six Point Roll Bar

In a few days and no further than 10 days out. I'll name names and post a rendering. I believe that this Camaro build will be a community event. There are so many that have contributed. This thread is a perfect example. I can't imagine GM isn't watching and learning because we certainly are. The only portion of this build that will disappoint the true Z/28 enthusiast is the price point. That is the only bad news and it really isn't that bad. The first car is built to a ridiculous standard. Customer builds will reflect the customer's wants, desires and budget. Only GM would be able to produce the Z/28 with more customer friendly pricing because they won't have a pile of expensive take off parts. You know, a LS3, a Tremec gear box, Brembo brakes, suspension, wheels and tires... not to mention the labor to strip it all out.

The ZL1 posted spectacular numbers from the Ring run. I 'know' what our car would do, but knowing and proving are two different things. I have checked a number of items off my bucket list. I have not checked off the run the Ring with a Pedderised Camaro box. Then again, I wasn't too sure I would be involved in a build like this

Very very cool Pete
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro