Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
mofosho1321

Drives: Camaro
Horrible experience with PARTS TAXI PARTSTAXI.COM

I'll try not to make this too long. I purchased an SS conversion kit because I feel it has a more aggressive look since it's lower than the LT model and has that edge at the bottom that almost gives it a splitter look. Anyways, I searched online and not many places were selling them but found one on partstaxi.com. So I went ahead and purchased it in early March. The total was:

Items Total: $438.75
Shipping Method: UPS Ground Shipping
Shipping: $42.78
_________
Order Total: $481.53

I've purchased tonsss of things online and usually when you buy something, you get the confirmation immediately. Then later that day or the next, it will say order processed and that they will update you on when it is being shipped. So I got the confirmation but never got anything after that. I waited 2 weeks and got worried that maybe something went wrong. I emailed them and waited. Still didn't get an answer so in a couple days, called them and went on their website and sent messages for customer service asking about my order. I checked my credit card statement and there was no transaction and so it didn't seem right. I tried to read up on reviews about them but didn't seem to be much and even their facebook page had less than 250 likes. So I thought it didn't go through and/or they're just out of business or something. I went ahead and ordered from a local place and received it within a week.

Then one morning a few weeks later after my original purchase, I get an email that it was shipped. I quickly replied back and told the person that I never got a reply or anything from the beginning about my order and I went ahead and purchased another one because I can't just keep on waiting. I also ordered a Heritage grille and a splitter so I wanted the SS bumper ASAP. So he says he did reply even though I never got an email. My last few current emails have been asking to show me any proof that he replied but he hasn't and of course he won't because he's lying. Like I said before, I've done online shopping countless of times. It was not in my spam or anything. I'm not going to fall for that BS.

On top of that, originally the shipping was $42.78. It said that when I purchased it, it said that on my confirmation, it said that on my receipt and everything. But few weeks later when they shipped it, they charged $240 dollars and sent me this new bill. Obviously I can't do anything because they already have my credit card information and charged that amount. I did ask him about and sent him the original invoice I had and why the shipping changed but of course he didn't reply. Here is a copy of the new email I got weeks later when they shipped it.

Sub Total $438.75
Shipping method - UPS Ground Shipping Shipping $240.00
Handling Fee $0.00
Tax $0.00
Total $678.75

The guy "Kevin" replied that I can't cancel my order and I can always just return it as long as I pay for all the shipping and 20% restocking fee. So if you do the math, that's $240 shipping to me, then $240 shipped back, plus 20% of roughly $440 is about $90. Total is about $570. Are you kidding me? I'm not paying $570 just to go down the drain just because your company can't reply to their customers emails, calls, or messages. That's a lot of money for me to throw away especially since the price of the conversion kit itself is $440.

Anyways, lesson learned. Don't buy from shady places you've never heard of before. There's places out there that all they care about is making money even if it hurts their reputation. If we could have worked something out, I would have definitely came back for a couple other items. I've had good experiences from PhastekPerformance, Apex, JDP Motorsports, and AutoAnything to name a few. They keep you updated on your purchases and answer any questions you have in a timely manner. Just great customer service.

But yea, I still have it sitting in my garage using up a lot of space if anyone wants to buy it. I'm in the Houston area and prefer to not deal with shipping.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope no one has any bad experiences similar to mine or at least can learn from what I went through.

And I just remembered this as I was about to post so I'll just quickly add it that I had ordered color changing Halos from Phastek Performance and I believe it was Ricardo who informed me that they were on back order and that it may take a while and I had the choice to cancel or wait. I decided to wait for them but the point is that communication is key with dealing in any business. Clearly partstaxi couldn't do that and that cost me about $700.
mofosho1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
I said it once, twice, a freaking million times. Why buy OEM parts from anyone but Maureen at Rodgers ? There is NO better!

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
If on your CC, and your original invoice shows different shipping charges, file a claim. The increased charges are unauthorized.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I said it once, twice, a freaking million times. Why buy OEM parts from anyone but Maureen at Rodgers ? There is NO better!

Sent from my 2SS/RS

I enjoy my Rodgers goodies, microfiber towels, free shipping, and competitive pricing.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
London-SS

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Similar experience but I was spared as I hadnt forked out the cash yet!!
Rubbish service!! I posted my experience here and guess what!? He replies to my thread lying through his teeth!

NEVER EVER AGAIN!! DON'T BUY FROM PARTS TAXI!!! Plenty of reputable vendors on here so why risk it with this clown!!
London-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Here's a little lowdown on how some internet merchants work, and partstaxi.com is one of them.

This place (and many like them) are run by somebody playing a middleman. They stock no parts, have no warehouses, and do everything third-party. Most times their "office" is a personal home, or small office in a strip mall. Their "customer service" is usually lax, because it's one guy trying to make a buck. If you do a lot of web surfing, you'll see that many of these sites look similar, but have different domain names. That's because the same individual usually owns several sites selling the same items.

When you place an order, they will go to work to fill your order via a third-party vendor, whomever happens to be cheapest that day. They simply drop-ship from the vendor to your door, and collect the mark-up and in many cases, leftover freight money.

KNOW WHO YOU'RE BUYING FROM. Research. Put a potential seller's web address into a "whois" database to see who really owns it, and where they're really located. I did that for partstaxi, and here is the result:

Quote:
Registrant:
Dagesse, Christopher
16864 Black Marlin Circle
Lewes, DE 19958
US

Domain Name: PARTSTAXI.COM

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote your business to millions of viewers for only $1 a month
Learn how you can get an Enhanced Business Listing here for your domain name.
Learn more at http://www.NetworkSolutions.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Dagesse, Christopher chris@nucar.com
16864 Black Marlin Circle
Lewes, DE 19958
US

Record expires on 06-Feb-2014.
Record created on 06-Feb-2009.
Bulk whois optout: N
Database last updated on 24-Jun-2013 17:06:19 EDT.
The address listed is for a very nice home (he must do well):

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...h&z=20&vpsrc=6

As always, be careful. Buy from a reputable dealer.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
Partstaxi is actually attached to or is part of a dealership. They are not selling parts from home.

Sorry for your bad experience. I've ordered from them with no issues.
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post

Sent from my 2SS/RS
just placed another order this morning with Maureen and got my tracking number a few hours ago.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #9
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Dispute the charge with your credit card company, plain and simple. Tell them what happened and they'll do a chargeback.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #10
Kuo246

Drives: Summit white 2SS
I had a similar experience with them. Ordered part on Monday invoice said $99.85 shipped they send me an invoice on Thursday saying shipping is $175 and I'm being charged $263.86!!
I called partstaxi Thursday and no answer and recording said voicemail was full...
I emailed Kevin Thursday and told him to cancel the order at 3pm cst..
Later that night 4 hours later I get an email from UPS saying item was shipped!!
I called Friday morning and a girl told me Kevin was busy I left my number and asked for a call back. (He never called back)
I called again Friday afternoon around 4 same girl said Kevin was busy and he would call me Monday morning (she said she could not help me)
Monday afternoon I called (after not hearing back from him all morning)and spoke to Kevin he said to "refuse the shipment" and I will get a refund.
Now I'm stuck playing a waiting game (ill keep you guys updated)
Kuo246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #11
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Not trying to kick you guys when you're down but hope you guys (and others) learn from this. Free shipping Rodgers Chevrolet. I don't think I've heard of one incident where Maureen has screwed anyone over.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #12
SinisSick
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 ss
I had emailed parts taxi on some ZL1 pedals since their price looked to be really good. Waited a whole week for the guy to get back to me. Never did. Took my business to Maureen.
SinisSick is offline   Reply With Quote