Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #80529
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Hey Junkie, do you know anybody on the forum you could recommend the RacingBrake group buy to? We only need 11 more and we're good to go.
Hmmm I have to think on that one. As it's a brake upgrade and quite a few folks only think of going fast and Dyno racing...not about stopping..lol...I will shoot a few PM's though.....
Old 10-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #80530
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Hmmm I have to think on that one. As it's a brake upgrade and quite a few folks only think of going fast and Dyno racing...not abot stopping..lol...I will shoot a few PM's though.....
Well it removes about 5 lbs of unsprung weight from each corner which certainly helps acceleration. If they combine that with a lighter wheel than stock, it makes for a nice improvement in acceleration, handling and stopping power. Thanks

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #80531
1320junkie

Quote:
Well it removes about 5 lbs of unsprung weight from each corner which certainly helps acceleration. If they combine that with a lighter wheel than stock, it makes for a nice improvement in acceleration, handling and stopping power. Thanks
Yep, I agree fully....but it doesnt look good on the dyno sheet(sarcasm)...lmao..I just sent a few pm's...so we shall see who signs up.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #80532
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Yep, I agree fully....but it doesnt look good on the dyno sheet(sarcasm)...lmao..I just sent a few pm's...so we shall see who signs up.
Yeah dyno racing is such a competitive sport lol. Thanks; you know a whole lot more people on this forum than I do. I appreciate it! Can't wait to get those rotors on my car behind my rims. Those blacked out hats are going to make the shiny rotor surface look like a floating halo around the hub. In addition to all the performance benefits these should look seriously cool.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 10-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #80533
1320junkie

Quote:
Yeah dyno racing is such a competitive sport lol. Thanks; you know a whole lot more people on this forum than I do. I appreciate it! Can't wait to get those rotors on my car behind my rims. Those blacked out hats are going to make the shiny rotor surface look like a floating halo around the hub. In addition to all the performance benefits these should look seriously cool.
Heck yeah them performing great and looking cool in the process is awesome...I think I am going to start a performance calculation thread for vehicles..maybe folks will start to think before modding their cars..and not just because everyone else is doing it.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #80534
1320junkie

Quote:
GREAT idea! It seems there are a lot of people buying Camaros who are new to the performance scene and it would be great to have a thread where they can get genuine info on what performance really is and what it costs. Not only in money but driveability, sound in the car, maintenance, etc.

There should be a thread for performance and a separate one for show cars where looks and style while sitting on a carpet with other show cars is the primary purpose.
I just made one with a calculation link...hopefully the discussion will be good and my post a great starting point.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...62#post1086662
Old 10-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #80535
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
.....................Geez...twittermaro
Hey doc ... With the big post counts, you probably thought we were just really smart, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
I knew you wouldn't believe it, but I truly am shy. I'm daring but shy! When I skydived the first time I closed my eyes for the first 30-60 seconds ....because I didn't want to face what I was doing LOL! Then I decided if I was going to die, I might as well enjoy the view while I could!

I promise though that if/when I get on a race track I WON'T close my eyes LOL.
That reminds me of a joke...

... I'll save it for April
Quote:
Heck yeah them performing great and looking cool in the process is awesome...I think I am going to start a performance calculation thread for vehicles..maybe folks will start to think before modding their cars..and not just because everyone else is doing it.
Excellent idea!

There was a post from Pedders regarding an owner wanting to drop their car in the weeds... AFTER he bought tires/wheels with incorrect offset.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:05 PM   #80536
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
oh cool Gardening tool's

Morinin
Old 10-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #80537
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS

home from work and church..

Vikings are playing now..
Old 10-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #80538
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Hey doc ... With the big post counts, you probably thought we were just really smart, huh?

... I'll save it for April

Excellent idea!

There was a post from Pedders regarding an owner wanting to drop their car in the weeds... AFTER he bought tires/wheels with incorrect offset.
Yeah I saw that...think before you mod should be a theme...but some folks like the "appearance" mods and there is nothing wrong with that...but when the two worlds cross...ummm strange things happen..lol
Old 10-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #80539
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
hehe... I was wondering how you guys could post so many "relevant" posts. I read all over the forum and try to post things that are at least reasonably useful lol. I was thinking "man, where do these guys do all this posting!?"

Quote:
Yeah I saw that post. I know a lot of guys do these mods and don't really understand the full ramifications; they just get what they think looks cool or badass and don't know what that might actually be doing to their car. Not many guys are going to admit "I removed it afterwards because the experience sucked" although some actually have the guts to say so. A car isn't just a static image; it's a sophisticated piece of moving machinery.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 10-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #80540
ljustin293

wow
Old 10-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #80541
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
hi whores!
Old 10-25-2009, 01:21 PM   #80542
ljustin293

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
hi whores!

Closed Thread

Tags
10 tags for dg, 3.4l of ram-air fury ftw!, all tags for fake palm tree, always remember to not forget, call tactical z peanut, dg's tag empire restored, hail to da hose, lol@xsoptifail, nick is a delicate flower, post if you notice this tag, potd extended to weekends, pq is still shorter than frodo, pq is the coolest.........., sugar shack, votw every friday