Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Spamthulhu

Drives: Camaro 2LT Black CCyber Grey Stripe
Question Serious problem with seats, Help.

I have a Black Camaro 2LT with leather seats. The Recaro Bucket seats are causing hip pain that is constant and lasting well after the drive. I am a big guy but it took a while for my anatomy to reject the seats. Far longer than a test drive period could of revealed. I only have 450 miles on this car and I am looking at the possibility I may have to sell this car since driving it is torture. I have tried multiple cushion strategies and the cloth seats the Camaro's have seem to be a softer material but the same shape so I doubt there will be any resolution with trying a cloth seat. I need a flat top seat and I am at a dead end. Anyone able to suggest another option that doesn't involve me selling my sexy car? Chris
Spamthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Same internals on both seats. I would sell your car if it is that bad. Your health is more important than any car.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Do you have a wallet in your back pocket while driving? My father had a problem similar to this and it turned out to be his overly large wallet was causing one side of his ass to be wonky while the other was comfortable and caused a pinched nerve type feeling/problem in his leg.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
WTF???????
Old 02-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
Class1E

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Is there maybe some kind of seat cushion you can put on the seat to make it level? I'd imagine there is some way to make it work. If nothing else, you could try buying some memory foam or something and shape it to fit and make a flat top.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Memory foam on some plywood = FLAT!
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #7
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
Do you have a wallet in your back pocket while driving? My father had a problem similar to this and it turned out to be his overly large wallet was causing one side of his ass to be wonky while the other was comfortable and caused a pinched nerve type feeling/problem in his leg.
THIS!

Seriously, I haven't driven with a wallet in my back pocket for many many years.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
I am not that big, but the wallet is a killer in the right pocket. I put it in my coat, or cup holder when I get in. If not my ass pays for it. I would give this a try first. The seats are pretty comfortable. Also, I am sure you can get a custom seat made for it from someone before you sell it. Depends how much you want it.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #9
GeorgiaSS

Drives: 2010 SS RJT.
Quote:
I had the same problem in my vette, it was my wallet. Didn't have enough money in it any more. But seriously it was my wallet causing the problem. Even when I swapped pockets it still did it after a while.
13:60 @ 102 mph.
GeorgiaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I'm not comfortable with the seat pan either, but adding foam just puts my head into the roof.
I tried a flat square pillow once just to see... and I always remove my wallet in this seat.

If the front part of the seat wound just go lower. You have to raise the seat to get the front part to tilt down... then my head is touching the roof.

I do fine on a one hour trip, but not sure about this upcoming drive to C5 Fest... could be a bit uncomfortable...
Old 02-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Go visit a custom upholstery shop that deals with interiors. Your dealers in the area can probably give you some ideas. There is a set of replacement seats with your name on them. They can add heat/air to them these days as well.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #12
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I do fine on a one hour trip, but not sure about this upcoming drive to C5 Fest... could be a bit uncomfortable...
Suck it up buttercup.

You gotta come.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #13
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
What about one of these? They have several models.

http://www.arizenracingsports.com/
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #14
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
WTF? Wallets causing back pains lol. Never heard that one...
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote