Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #1079
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Here ya go!

And RubyCamaro

Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #1080
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
We have 109 photos from the AC here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8585997&type=1

There are some great general FEST shots in here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8585997&type=1

This is my favorite. It may be hard to belive, but I was telling everyone what a great job Bruce had done during the FEST helping people keep their 5th Gens rolling. So what do I look like when I am upset

Last edited by JusticePete; 08-07-2012 at 10:48 AM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #1081
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
I couldn't have said it better. Dr Jkel and I on Saturday took a whole 30 minutes to see how life was on the vendor side. We took pride in what we were doing and stayed to make sure it was done no matter how confused we were at first. I could hear the drags but never had time to look at a single car go down the track. We Got it done as best we could. No one went to the hospital and there was very little mess ups on the track. It was a labor of love. I for one loved every minute of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
UHHHH HMMMMMM.

I was a dedicated VOLUNTEER So take my words with a grain of salt.

Before I start I will say that alot of the frustrations, opinions and ideas have already been discussed and changes are being made.

Was it sorta unorganized? Uh Yeah....Did the timer not work sometimes...Uh Yeah..... Were things perfect...Uh No.

I volunteereed to help because someone backed out last minute and MY FEST was spent
in the hot sun with no lunch...JUST FOR CAMARO 5 MEMBERS........ I am not complaining one bit but what I am saying is that we made some mistakes but we learned from them and we will get better.

We suggested some things to Pete that are being incoporated for future events and it will be much better.

Some of the responsibility was not our fault...and were unforeseen issues. We stayed Thursday NIGHT until the kicked us out working on the course, setting things up and trying our best.

I think I was more upset about the wait than the drivers Friday morning but we did get it going.

I honestly think that the suggestion we made and from listening to you guys will make the next Auto X better, nore organized...more runs and more fun...BUT you must do your part.

Even though I simply volunteered I felt bad because of some of the delays and will work extremely hard to fix those issues before the next time.. I am reading all these comments and taking notes.

Just remember though when we HAVE to have volunteers to work the corners...don't be shy.......Step right up........You would be very surprised at how many people said they would help but backed out....

Oh well I guess we could have called the whole thing off.LOL.

Someone stated earlier about people offering to help and not many did but there were a few who did. I know the ones from Atlanta who did because I know them...the others I did not get there names cause we were trying to get things going.

Unfortunately Auto X at Camaro Fests do not have dedicated personnel from the host track like the drag racing folks do and we have to organize, set up and run it ourselves.

I talked to almost every driver and even with the delays and such each told me they had a good time, that they enjoyed it and look forward to doing it again...so to me it was worth it from the V-6, SS and ZL1 crowds they all seemed to have a good time.

Norm and I discussed alot of things over the weekend along with Pete and you can put it in the BANK that the next Auto X that were are involved with at Camaro Fest will knock your socks off....Just remember you will have to do your part...registration, working the corners etc.....

Pete, Rob, Mike, Danny, Dan, Bruce, Joe, Melanie, Maria ( Norm's wife), Jordan ( My son), Norm and I spent many hours trying to make this a success and it will only get better with time.

Pete- Thanks for putting this on! Norm- Thanks for spending almost a year trying to organize, register and run this...In my opinion you did awesome...To all the other dedicated staff....You guys were a blast.

To all the drivers thanks for your patience and I really hope you enjoyed your time.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #1082
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Brian, Looking forward to seeing you next year.

Great Pics!
First, thank you to all of the workers and everyone who worked to put this event on. I know first hand how much work goes into these events. Hopefully next year it will be more organized and a bit more efficient.

Second, Nice pictures! When were the awards given out? I know I ran a 34.8 on one of 4 runs I got on Friday. What were the winning times?

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

Last edited by JDP Motorsports; 08-07-2012 at 11:07 AM.
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #1083
garcmol

Attached Images

Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #1084
garcmol

You guys were supposed to be watching the track!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #1085
garcmol

The "Impala"

If the ship goes down, autocross coordinators make sure you save the "book" that's tucked under my arm!!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #1086
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
Nice pictures! When were the awards given out? I know I ran a 34.8 on one of 4 runs I got on Friday. What were the winning times?
In exhibition class there were no winners, just times. We waited until we were sure you left the parking lot to announce them I saw your 34.8 and it looked damn good!

LPE L/28 Danny Popp 32.192
Raymond's Performance Bruce Raymond 32.46

Danny Popp had a 32 flat on a run. I was fairly certain that would be the FTD. I looked around the crowd for anyone with a different brand shirt or that I knew had a different brand suspension. We drove the course to verify cones and found a couple that were in the right place but a portion of the cone was outside the white outline. We DQ'd the run. The final session would have been AWESOME with you, Erik from Torq, Danny, Bruce, Todd, Becky and the other 'shoes' going head to head. rain
Old 08-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #1087
garcmol

Courtesy of Mindz. Thanks for some great pictures!

Cars, cars and more cars!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #1088
JusticePete

WOW!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #1089
xSSkier874

Drives: 17 Silverado, 99 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
You guys were supposed to be watching the track!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Norm can you really blame them for this one though
xSSkier874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #1090
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Here ya go!

THANKS - short but SWEET! Love the sound of my Flowmasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
We have 109 photos from the AC here:

This is my favorite. It may be hard to belive, but I was telling everyone what a great job Bruce had done during the FEST helping people keep their 5th Gens rolling. So what do I look like when I am upset

Bruce is thinking about pancakes - you can almost see him drooling
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #1091
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5THGENRS View Post
Not even cool TLSTWIN lol, i was hoping that someone else was recording and i got all excited when i saw this video which is my buddy and then i was running after him and im guessing i didnt get recorded bc i wasnt a camaro
all my recording equipment failed on me, anyone have any runs of the orange G8? Thanks
LOL, My daughter & wife were recording every car they could, it worked out to be every third car, but they made sure they go me
Old 08-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #1092
garcmol

Courtesy of Ken from Atlanta, GA area. Full run by Danny Popp in the L28!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken53007 View Post
here is my best video of the autocross