Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #127
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
bump...

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
Do all 2013's with a manual have this feature or is it only standard on 2LT / 2SS?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #128
Ccasey

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Coupe
Mark,

Looks like all manual transmission cars.
http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...maro/2013.html

-Chris
Ccasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #129
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I can not see, nor did I like the placement of the aux gauges in the 2013 with the New MYlink radio as the HVAC controls now hang lower on the IP.

I do agree with the wheel blocking the view of the tach and speedo in my seating position. However, on the street I use the center display to display the speed/MPH and listen to the motor when winding her out. At the track the MPH is not important so I will use the center display for coolant temps. ( wish it had oil pressure or oil temps reading out on the center display as well)

-Matt
I'm with you on this, Matt! Thankfully, they have the LCD with the speed, but, unfortunately, that's all it shows when selected. I don't think I have quite a good enough ear to hit 6500 every time.

They might as well start over and take all the gauges out, and just put a large LCD display with all readouts visible at one time, including oil pressure, temp, trans temp, coolant temp, speed, tach, even diff temp. They could make it user configurable, too. Some could even go on the MyLink screen.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #130
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
That is how it worked for me in my car

As an experiment I will go to the same store/inclined parking tonight and try a couple different things to see what happens...I will report my findings later tonight!

I will try 3 things once I see HSA is activated

1) Step on the gas and release the clutch at the same time
2) Step on the gas without releasing the clutch
3) Start to release the clutch without stepping on the gas.

Matt
Ok tried this last night...The "test location" It is a parking spot I can pull in while facing uphill and pull straight out up the incline as well. The incline is step enough that HSA turns on every time.

Quote:
1) Step on the gas and release the clutch at the same time
I tried this 3 times and did feel the car hold me in place but it seemed to release as soon as I wanted it too/expected it to in order to move forward. (could this be after the 2 seconds window??? maybe, but it was not odd)

Quote:
2) Step on the gas without releasing the clutch
Nothing happened, HSA stayed engaged until the 2 seconds was up and then car rolled back (because I didn't release the clutch)

Quote:
3) Start to release the clutch without stepping on the gas.
I released the clutch slow, car stalled without moving

Interesting note.....I tried my experiment before I went into the store. When I went to leave I

Put the clutch in.
Started the car
Put the car in first
Put my foot on the gas and at the same time released the hand brake and drove away without the HSA activating.

I really didn't think anything of it as that has been my procedure for years to pull out of any spot...Which may explain why I have rarely seen the HSA activate when parked on any incline.

I still have yet to see it activate on the road in a driving condition.....but 95% of my stop lights are on flat ground...only about 5% are on any incline.

-Matt
Old 05-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #131
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I went through all of these frustrations as well, sent nasty notes to GM, etc. Having said that it CAN be made to work if you understand:

1. The system engages based on the last brake pressure used. So if you come to a fast stop or mash the brake pedal for any reason it will maintain that pressure and you WILL stall.

2. The "remembered" brake pressure can be reset by putting the trans in neutral, releasing clutch, reengaging clutch while using just enough brake pressure to hold the car.

So, get in the habit of stop - neutral - reduce brake pressure - put back in gear.

Now I can live with it but it should be DRIVER optional.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #132
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
I thought that maybe coming to a stop with the trans in neutral was allowing me to avoid the HSA a little more. I haven't noticed it activating many times on me because I've been trying to approach stops and lights in neutral more often.

Last edited by Nick S; 05-22-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #133
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
I went through all of these frustrations as well, sent nasty notes to GM, etc. Having said that it CAN be made to work if you understand:

1. The system engages based on the last brake pressure used. So if you come to a fast stop or mash the brake pedal for any reason it will maintain that pressure and you WILL stall.

2. The "remembered" brake pressure can be reset by putting the trans in neutral, releasing clutch, reengaging clutch while using just enough brake pressure to hold the car.

So, get in the habit of stop - neutral - reduce brake pressure - put back in gear.

Now I can live with it but it should be DRIVER optional.
+1

I've got 6,500 miles on the car and that is the best solution that I've been able to come up with.

Also, if you're really fast with your motions, and the incline isn't very steep, sitting in neutral with the clutch out you can remove your foot from the brake, then put in the clutch, shift into first and go.

The best solution would be an option to just turn the damn thing off.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #134
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim968 View Post
+1

I've got 6,500 miles on the car and that is the best solution that I've been able to come up with.

Also, if you're really fast with your motions, and the incline isn't very steep, sitting in neutral with the clutch out you can remove your foot from the brake, then put in the clutch, shift into first and go.

The best solution would be an option to just turn the damn thing off.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #135
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
My driveway has an odd incline and this feature makes it screwy to get in the garage.
I just wish I could turn it off.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 PM   #136
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
drove mine 35 miles today, had it on an incline and it rolled back. HSA never kicked in. Skip Shift kicked in quite a few times tho
Old 05-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #137
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
Thanks Chris. They are building my car soon. I should just request they "leave this one out". :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccasey View Post
Mark,

-Chris
Old 05-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #138
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccasey View Post
Mark,

-Chris
Obviously they haven't been listening to us bitch! and this thing has no business being on a performance car!!!!!!!!!!!
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #139
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Had HSA kick in for the first time yesterday. I took my car to a parking garage and tried to see if it would kick on. It did. I found it pretty helpful, HSA works fine in my 1LE, as I started moving forward it slowly let off the brake pressure and then shut off. Tried to see if it would kick on when on a downward slope and it didnt.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #140
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
I found it pretty helpful, HSA works fine in my 1LE, as I started moving forward it slowly let off the brake pressure and then shut off. Tried to see if it would kick on when on a downward slope and it didnt.
Wait til the 1st time you hit the brakes hard, then forget that HSA is on....stall!

btw, downward slope engages when in REVERSE.