Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
Do chicks like sport bikes?

I want to get a honda cbr500r for my first bike. What do you guys think, do girls like the bad boy image of guy riding a sport bike? Need opinions.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #2
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Some of them do. But they also like sports cars too!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
depends on the girl and the age, and the level of maturity, and how narcissistic they are and whether or not material things mean anything to them..

I could go on and on, but my point is, who cares? buy the bike if you want it, if a girl likes it cool, i'm sure she will let you know..

FWIW I have been riding for 25+ years, I have had sport bikes and cruisers, I have had girls ask for rides, I have had girlfriends that hated the fact I owned a bike.

my first wife may she rest in peace, loved that I owned bikes, and she loved fast cars, we routinely took long trips on the bike, with both her as a passenger and as a partner when she learned to ride and got her own..

my current wife hates my motorcycle, as such I haven't used it much, I've put 4,500 miles on it in 10 years.. which is why I bought a convertible, kind of gives me the best of both worlds without pissing off the wife..
Old 06-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
jp23rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
depends on the girl and the age, and the level of maturity, and how narcissistic they are and whether or not material things mean anything to them..

I could go on and on, but my point is, who cares? buy the bike if you want it, if a girl likes it cool, i'm sure she will let you know..

FWIW I have been riding for 25+ years, I have had sport bikes and cruisers, I have had girls ask for rides, I have had girlfriends that hated the fact I owned a bike.

my first wife may she rest in peace, loved that I owned bikes, and she loved fast cars, we routinely took long trips on the bike, with both her as a passenger and as a partner when she learned to ride and got her own..

my current wife hates my motorcycle, as such I haven't used it much, I've put 4,500 miles on it in 10 years.. which is why I bought a convertible, kind of gives me the best of both worlds without pissing off the wife..
Thanks for the advice, these girls would be my age 20s. Already asked one, she said they're very cool, but just to be careful.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:48 PM   #5
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
Thanks for the advice, these girls would be my age 20s. Already asked one, she said they're very cool, but just to be careful.
she's right, be careful. I had a bad motorcycle accident 12 years ago, it changed my life.. multiple surgeries, over a year without being able to walk etc..

it's not the bike that is usually the problem, it is the cars around you, as in my case someone that side swiped me changing lanes.

I suggest you take a State certified riding course (google taming the iron horse) in your area within the first few weeks of owning the bike, get some good riding skills before attempting passengers, as they completely change the handling dynamics, especially on sport bikes..

be safe, be smart, and keep the shiny side up..
Old 06-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #6
jp23rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
she's right, be careful. I had a bad motorcycle accident 12 years ago, it changed my life.. multiple surgeries, over a year without being able to walk etc..

it's not the bike that is usually the problem, it is the cars around you, as in my case someone that side swiped me changing lanes.

I suggest you take a State certified riding course (google taming the iron horse) in your area within the first few weeks of owning the bike, get some good riding skills before attempting passengers, as they completely change the handling dynamics, especially on sport bikes..

be safe, be smart, and keep the shiny side up..
And if I decide that the bike thing doesn't work out for whatever reason, I can do the next best thing and get a convertible Stingray. My mom would actually be okay with that.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:08 PM   #7
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
And if I decide that the bike thing doesn't work out for whatever reason, I can do the next best thing and get a convertible Stingray. My mom would actually be okay with that.

yeah moms and bikes.. a whole other thing..
Old 06-14-2014, 06:23 PM   #8
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Chicks like cash money
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:00 PM   #9
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Who cares what girls like?

Girls like men that know what they want and men that pursue what they want. At least the girls you could do better off with in attracting just might prefer that. Attract them by being you and living life your way.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #10
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Bad boy image aside, I've only known a handful of women that didn't like to go for a motorcycle ride

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
14 pilot is spot on. Just because you have a bike doesn't change who you are. If your the nice guy, maybe the girls your looking to attract with a bad boy image are not the right women to be chasing. When I met my wife I had a Kawi 636, I took her for rides but it was not the bike or it as a material thing that attracted her. We got married and I moved up to a ZX14, and she could have cared less. Be you, honest, sincere, fun, smile, be consistent, do what you say you'll do, be brave and confident. Look for the women who will compliment you as your team mate in life not a participant to your world.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #12
Sapphire

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
so coming from a girl in her 20's they are cool but I wouldn't be attracted to guy just becuse of the bike. I use to ride dirt bikes actually and I will say bikes are alot of fun! I don't think I could do a street bike though. so many bad/ fatal accidents happen. plus I will not ride on the back of the bike if he wants me to ride with him. now a hot guy in an American classic muscle car is hot. I like the older model muscle cars that sound really mean. and of course the new camaros! can't go wrong there.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:53 AM   #13
R1mike

Drives: Yamaha R1, Dodge ram 2500 4x4
I don't think you should get a bike just for attracting women.
R1mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:25 AM   #14
ChevyGirl661

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I agree with Mike, but yes, bikes are awesome.

Would be more awesome if it was a Yamaha. Just saying.
ChevyGirl661 is offline   Reply With Quote