Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
shaggy2002

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS w RS 1LE
New Camaro, want to buy new car wash supplies.

My last vehicle was a Honda ridgeline and I would take it to places to get the interior cleaned and the exterior washed in a touchless carwash place.

However, I do not want to do that with my brand new 2013 Camaro 1LE. I have an old bucket and old car wash products that I don't want to use on my car.

Anyone know what their favorite product would be? I am looking to purchase a kit if they have a good one, but could also piece a collection together.

I have seen people using blowers to dry their cars, do they use the same one they use their yard for and just make sure it is clean? Do they buy one specific to cars?

Where is the best place to purchase these products? Wal-Mart, autopart stores, amazon.com?

Sorry been out of the game for a really long time, and trying to get back to washing my car every weekend.

shaggy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
You can read/search through this subforum and find all of the information you need. I'm happy with my Adam's products.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Great place to start from a well "respected" member here - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275418
Old 08-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
Great place to start from a well "respected" member here - http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275418
"Respected"? Lol..
Old 08-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
"Respected"? Lol..
You saw what I did there
Old 08-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy2002 View Post
My last vehicle was a Honda ridgeline and I would take it to places to get the interior cleaned and the exterior washed in a touchless carwash place.

However, I do not want to do that with my brand new 2013 Camaro 1LE. I have an old bucket and old car wash products that I don't want to use on my car.

Anyone know what their favorite product would be? I am looking to purchase a kit if they have a good one, but could also piece a collection together.

I have seen people using blowers to dry their cars, do they use the same one they use their yard for and just make sure it is clean? Do they buy one specific to cars?

Where is the best place to purchase these products? Wal-Mart, autopart stores, amazon.com?

Sorry been out of the game for a really long time, and trying to get back to washing my car every weekend.

shaggy2002,

Congratulations on your 2013 Camaro 1LE! How are you enjoying it?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
shaggy2002

William,

I am loving every bit of my new 1le!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #8
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Shaggy,

I use the entire line of AMMONYC's products. Very good stuff. Haven't been disappointed yet.

I also have a foam gun and three buckets (one soap, one clean, one wheels only) all with grit guards. I use a lambs wool washmitt. I've been researching microfiber ones. Haven't taken that leap yet.

I also use the "flooding" method to dry the car.

And to agree with everyone here, use whatever you like and are comfortable with. The number one thing to do is to take your time and be methodical about it

Old 08-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
Shaggy,

I use the entire line of AMMONYC's products. Very good stuff. Haven't been disappointed yet.

I also have a foam gun and three buckets (one soap, one clean, one wheels only) all with grit guards. I use a lambs wool washmitt. I've been researching microfiber ones. Haven't taken that leap yet.

I also use the "flooding" method to dry the car.

And to agree with everyone here, use whatever you like and are comfortable with. The number one thing to do is to take your time and be methodical about it

Not to hijack, but what are your thoughts on Hydrate? That was one crappy product as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Not to hijack, but what are your thoughts on Hydrate? That was one crappy product as far as I'm concerned.
No hijack here in my opinion. The OP can use it as a reference.

As for your question: I only just recently got the hydrate. And then I moved. Ugh. Anyway the move gave me a good reason to detail her. I hope to do it this week. I will let you know what I think. I'll send you a PM when I do. But even if its subpar I'll consider that ok since so far I've loved everything else (especially the soap and spit cleaner).

I also just got done reading your recommendation thread and plan on picking up some of those items.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Congrats on the new ride, that's a helluva upgrade over the Ridgeline!

Take a stroll through our store and take some time to watch our Instructional Videos as well.

Glad you hear you are ready to "get back in the game."
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
William,

I am loving every bit of my new 1le!
Awesome to hear!

I definitely urge you to continue enjoying it and we're here if you have any questions. Drive safe out there!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 08-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #13
shaggy2002

Haha..definitely upgrade over that Ridgeline. It was a good truck for my needs, but I have always been a car man.

Camaro has been a car I have always wanted, and finally have my dream car.

I ordered the Adams Complete 2 bucket kit, and a basic wheel kit from Adams as well. Hope to get them in before the weekend so I can get it clean.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I am still researching all that I can do, but not sure I will be the person that waxes it. I am not sure I have the patience and more nervous that I would hose up my paint.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #14
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Haha..definitely upgrade over that Ridgeline. It was a good truck for my needs, but I have always been a car man.

Camaro has been a car I have always wanted, and finally have my dream car.

I ordered the Adams Complete 2 bucket kit, and a basic wheel kit from Adams as well. Hope to get them in before the weekend so I can get it clean.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I am still researching all that I can do, but not sure I will be the person that waxes it. I am not sure I have the patience and more nervous that I would hose up my paint.
Keep watching our videos, we make them to take the mystery out of detailing your car. There's nothing to be worried about and you'd have to do something intentionally stupid to mess up your paint.

No sense in paying good money for supplies, then having someone else do it for you.

BTW, waxing your car by hand takes 30 minutes at most. Piece of cake!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote