Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #771
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Hey Franklin - you're close enough to take a drive by. Give Matt and Rodney a couple of days and it should be very interesting.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #772
camaro actual

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
round rock

When you get this beauty back I might just have to check it out! Congrats, you have gotta be stoked with it being so close to being back home.
camaro actual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #773
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Glide View Post
Hey Franklin - you're close enough to take a drive by. Give Matt and Rodney a couple of days and it should be very interesting.
I so want too lol I actually might be in south florida in a couple weeks so ill see if I can swing by it's like being a kid in a candy store there
Old 12-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #774
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Just got back from the original dyno jet.

Results were surprisingly close to the Mustangs in HP, but TQ quite higher. It shows the dreaded resounance causing the knock sensors to pull timing, but car is super strong on the street. Good cold start, excellent idles, excellent low end response and a newer stag GT kept wanting to play on the way home so merging together did a little bite and pulled him till the speed limit.

On the DJ it just made 284 rwhp & 254 rwtq. Have to wait for them to email us the graph to post it but overall nice gains. still on the slightly rich side but the ONLY mod this car has is Injen & VMax TB. Stock IM, etc. Now to the heads and ported IM for final #'s and I see over 300 to wheels no problem. Cams run awesome through the entire power band.

With these cams it really is held back by the IM and heads for sure. The air pump an engine is needs every part to compliment the rest. Still a 25-30 rwhp gain with just the cams? Impressive.
Were mods taken off because on the first post, he stated he has iceolator and arh headers as well

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #775
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
I'll be in Tampa in like a week or so. If it's still there I may swing by and check it out.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #776
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
This seems like a good alternative to FI, I'm sure it's cheaper too. I'm in!
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #777
Yellow_Glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Iceolator and headers were on for the baseline and all since. So gains are up and above with those mods.

The Ported heads are going to be the key along with the ported IM as that is the bottle neck now.

The knock seems to come mainly from Dynojet dynos....some resounance or harmonics the LLT knock senors interpet as spark knock. There is probably a way in the tune to narrow the frequency the knock sensors are looking for. Not much of an issue on the eddy current loaded dynos and yes, it is worse in 3rd gear so we pull in 4th. Just like the FI LLT's....we can see low 300's on a dynojet and up the boost from 4-7-8 and see almost no more power on them, but at the track run several tenths quicker.

The LFX's are not having this issue as far aos what we have seen.

Missionboi's 400 rwhp was on an eddy current loaded dyno and his installer figured out how to set the dyno load so it wasnt pulling timing.

Still unreal how these motors are responding, and these will fit the LFX as well and I expect to see even greater gains with the improved IM and heads the LFX has.

Anyone wanting these call and schedule now, and we have heads finished and waiting to install in addition to chakita's.

LONG road Jim but well worth it!!!

You can order the cams through us so we can do all at one stop.

Thanks Tracy!! The results on this first step have made it worth the trip! Can't say it enough: thanks for taking this on and making it a reality.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #778
Yellow_Glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro actual View Post
When you get this beauty back I might just have to check it out! Congrats, you have gotta be stoked with it being so close to being back home.
I'll be at the Texas Wide meet in April - if you can wait that long! Lol!!

Old 12-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #779
Turbowolf71

Drives: 2016 2ss Hyper Blue
Yellow glide, where in Texas is the meet? Also has any pricing been announced for these things? I don't recall seeing that listed yet? I apologize if it was posted already but I didn't see it when I was scanning all these posts.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #780
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowolf71 View Post
Yellow glide, where in Texas is the meet? Also has any pricing been announced for these things? I don't recall seeing that listed yet? I apologize if it was posted already but I didn't see it when I was scanning all these posts.
I think the cams alone are 1500? idk about cost for install since it doesn't seem like a normal DIY.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #781
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Yeah just pm Tracy he will give you install price. I already pmed him and Hoping tax return will cover this myself. I am excited to see where this goes.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #782
Yellow_Glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowolf71 View Post
Turbowolf - here is the link. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259264.

As far as pricing - PM Tracy, he's got a direct line to Steve at Mace. As Tracy said "one stop shopping."

Old 12-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #783
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarp View Post
Not wanting to hijack thread but have you found a difference between the two?
vararam came around after pretty much all the other ones. before the best gains where prolly the Injen long tube and CAI. then Vararam came out and its confusin cause they guarantee .3 quicker in the 1/4 mile i believe it is, but also claim that for some reason the vararam wont dyno. which makes since cause some dynos done with vararam show little to no gain, but i have one and trust me its there lol. Now i personally had the K&N before and it was good, i had no complaints, but i switched to vararam and its even better. ive seen a vid online of a reg cold air intake on a v6 holden dynoing then they switch to a OTR and redyno and get even more gains from it. i wish the vararam would dyno better but i does perform better, to me atleast.
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #784
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Yeah vararam needs movement to perform well which dyno won't do. I will put out there a short ram with a scoop will give competition to vararam I believe at least close.