Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-27-2014, 06:18 PM   #43
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
I didn't read every post so forgive me if I do a repeat...

I was not impressed going from my 2LT/RS to my 2SS/RS either....

But I think it is somewhat agreed to that these V8's don't wake up until you get over 5,000 miles on them. Mine did.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #44
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutSnout View Post
Over 150HP from a cam swap? I had no idea the LS3 would respond so well to this mod.
sounds like the 3/4 cam that i've always heard of
Old 05-27-2014, 06:25 PM   #45
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 View Post
I can share some experiences with you as I have owned a few cars. Like others have said the SS has about the same acceleration as the 1LE, but the 1LE has far greater handling. The ZL1 does give you a big difference in acceleration and handling. To me its the superior Camaro (I have not driven a Z28 so we will leave that one out)

In terms of straight line acceleration the ZL1 is a big difference. Please keep in mind if you test drive one with a few miles on it and someone has put 87 in the tank it make a HUGE difference on the ZL1. But to answer your question, for straight line acceleration the ZL1 is a huge difference from the SS
blowers sometimes tend to make a slight acceleration difference
Old 05-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #46
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLS3 View Post
So they just let you floor it jeff Gordon style on a test drive... I doubt it. A test drive is a smooth drive in a brand new car. No way you popped the clutch and floored it. Then you would have felt your neck snap back the way you expected.
i nailed the car i test drove, but i've known the salesman a long time and he knew of my years in drag racing
Old 05-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #47
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
i nailed the car i test drove, but i've known the salesman a long time and he knew of my years in drag racing
Lol the first thing the sales man said to me was.. Are you sure you can drive stick, this has a lot of power, you are liable for any damages.. So I test drove it like a grandma..
Old 05-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #48
wayne watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLS3 View Post
Lol the first thing the sales man said to me was.. Are you sure you can drive stick, this has a lot of power, you are liable for any damages.. So I test drove it like a grandma..
i told him, ok close your eyes or turn your head cause if i'm buying, i have to know if its fast. so a quick blast to 80 and i ordered one
Old 05-27-2014, 06:55 PM   #49
Vjc834

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I went from a 2011 2LT RS to a 2013 2SS 1LE and the difference was minimal for me as well. The acceleration on the V6 was very good and the motor is full of power. It was an automatic and it was a totally different ride than my 1LE. It was like driving a sporty luxury car. Having said that I love my 1LE and have a lot of fun driving it. It is just two totally different cars but I think you can't beat the V6 for power, fuel economy and dependability.
Vjc834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #50
Spektrum

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
The 1LE didn't have the wow factor when I owned one. Id test drive a ZL1 manual if I were you. Even on a test drive depending on your dealer won't let you really get loose on it but you'll definitely see a night/day difference.
Not the first time I've read your opinion on the 1LE. So, why did you buy one?
Spektrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #51
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vjc834 View Post
I went from a 2011 2LT RS to a 2013 2SS 1LE and the difference was minimal for me as well. The acceleration on the V6 was very good and the motor is full of power. It was an automatic and it was a totally different ride than my 1LE. It was like driving a sporty luxury car. Having said that I love my 1LE and have a lot of fun driving it. It is just two totally different cars but I think you can't beat the V6 for power, fuel economy and dependability.
Agreed!

Argument settled!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #52
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Not!

http://www.camaro5.com/stock-1le-put...repped-cars-2/
Old 05-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #53
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
To say its $20k more is a bit of a stretch. My 1LE was $45K and my ZL1 was $52K.

No need to be salty in knowing the ZL1 is superior to the 1LE. Sorry but it's true.
My 1LE was $42k and it had everything but the damn sunroof. Whats the lowest the MSRP on a Zl1 can be? $55k with no options.

A new 1LE can be had for $35k

I am not real good at math, so I will let you guys figure out the price difference.

What are the big differences in the ZL1 and 1LE? Mag Ride and a blower are the two biggest differences. I am willing to bet if you pull the blower off the ZL1, the handling would be pretty damn close...The ZL1 is faster simply because it accelerates so hard, the handling isn't lightyears ahead of a 1LE. The Mag ride is there to make the old people feel good about riding in it....
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #54
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RaceRed 5.0 View Post
Covering the span of 4 decades, I chose Mustangs for lighter weight, better outward visibility, better ergonomics, better hp without the need for higher displacement/lower mpg, better aftermarket, a simpler uncomplicated suspension without the associated extra poundage, and an unbroken line of production.

To each their own, indeed.
Why do you feel the need to defend your purchase(s) on a Camaro forum.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #55
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Test drove a brand new 2SS/1LE today...Car was cherry...I accelerated and shifted at higher rpms(around 5000) or so and got her up to right at 100...Also the gears down low felt a bit notchy at low rpms...Not really in the market at this time for a second Camaro
This is a perfect example of why I order from the factory.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #56
TxBandit911
Call Me"Doc"

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 RaceRed 5.0 View Post
Covering the span of 4 decades, I chose Mustangs for lighter weight, better outward visibility, better ergonomics, better hp without the need for higher displacement/lower mpg, better aftermarket, a simpler uncomplicated suspension without the associated extra poundage, and an unbroken line of production.

To each their own, indeed.
This is funny, I have owned every gen FBody but a 1st gen.

All my friends that owned mustangs were typically slower than my cars, got worse gas mileage, and with the exception of the 5th gen, Ive never had visibility problems and in the 5th gen I don't find it that bad either.

Better aftermarket? The LSX engine is one of the most widely used platforms in history. I remember all the 4.6 guys always bitching because no one had heads or cams worth crap...The LSX has plenty of aftermarket support...

Better ergonomics? I just don't see this one at all.... I had a Mustang once, hated it, was the most uncomfortable pile I had ever sat in, felt cheap, too. Not to mention, the layout was so bad, you couldn't take a CD out of the stereo when the car was in park because the CD player was behind the shifter...

Simpler uncomplicated suspension? Is that why the mustang went to a three link rear, like the F-Body got AWAY from due to handling limitations?

Being around cars for about the last 30yrs or so, I have always seen the Mustang as being behind everyone else, F-bodies had M6 trannies in '93, when did the mustang get that? '03 if you got a SVT, other than that was it '11-'12? The mustang in just now getting IRS? Ok... They have had Over Head Cams for a long time now, however it is the most inefficient use of overhead cams I have ever seen. I just never have and never will see the "wow" of a mustang.
TxBandit911 is offline   Reply With Quote