Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #15
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Budget?

I'd say heritage grille and sway bars. If you're stock power, and planning on staying that way you might choose more cosmetic than suspension.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
Alaskan_SS

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat Camaro
I'm really not ready to void my warranty. As much as I would love headers, full exhaust, and a cam. I'm just not ready to make that plunge. My budget is gonna be between 5 to 7k. I will be PCS'ing to somewhere in the lower 48 in June, so I might be waiting until then to do any mods. I don't want to tie so much of my budget into shipping the stuff up here. Even the paint shops up here charge an arm and a leg. They wanted almost $5000 just to paint a hood, front fascia and herritage grille.

Has anyone lowered their car that has the GM GFX? I'm wondering if it makes it too low to drive. Do they scrape going into parking lots, speed bumps?
Alaskan_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #17
SS 2NV

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Hey Alaskan SS Have you seen my Car around its got alot of mod and id be happy to chat about then in person or over the phone. just let me know.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Summit White| Black Leather Interior | JBA LTH 1 7/8" 3" High Flow Cats | 3" Magnaflow Comp Cat-Back | CAI Intake | SCT Tuner with Jannetty Tune | Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs | Pfadt Front and Rear Sway Bars | Heritage Grill | Revolution Styling Chin Spoiler | Fesler Moss Fiberglass Side Rockers & Rear Diffuser | MPD1 Rear Spoiler | Tinted Windows | Camaro Chrome Under the Hood | AAC LED Fog Lights | PSI Laser Etched Mirrors |
SS 2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #18
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Performance first.

And havok wheels?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
Alaskan_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 2NV View Post
Hey Alaskan SS Have you seen my Car around its got alot of mod and id be happy to chat about then in person or over the phone. just let me know.
Nope, I haven't seen your car around. How do you get along with the lowing springs? Do you have problems with the Alaskan Speed Humps?? Who in town did all your work? I really miss driving my car. But it only makes me love it that much more.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #20
ya boy willz

Drives: 2011 IOM LS, 2011 CGM LS
I'd say do Sway Bars, lowering springs, and new wheels and then use the rest for what ever other exterior mods you can afford/wish to do.

I think it'd be a little over kill for you to do all those suspension upgrades when you don't really track the car. Also I'd think that with a nice 1-1.25" drop on springs and a body kit you'd be fine when it comes to scraping as long as you take things SLOW and at AN ANGLE.

If you will be in an area with tons of speed bumps and dips and potholes and etc. then maybe just start out with either the springs or the body kit and then see if you'd still feel comfortable adding the other thing.

2011 CGM LS- Injen CAI, Vmax Ported TB, Vmax Black Ice O'Lator, Carbon Fiber Bowties, Carbon Fiber Gills, Factory Spoiler, Stock SS Exhaust w/ Magnaflow x-pipe welded in & stock muffler delete, Miro 112 18x8.5 +35
ya boy willz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #21
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
I tend to focus on the exterior mods as that is the first thing people see. Lowering is a great visual enhancement that makes most body mods look even better. All the added power or suspension tuning, you will never be able to use on the street to its potential, legally that is. And most people wont even know its there. Wheels, body mods, they will see you coming!

Appearance mods are fine, but power mods also get you noticed (and make the car faster and more fun to drive). A cammed/headers Camaro SS will get 10x the attention as a Camaro SS with a GFX kit and appearance mods.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #22
Alaskan_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy willz View Post
I'd say do Sway Bars, lowering springs, and new wheels and then use the rest for what ever other exterior mods you can afford/wish to do.

I think it'd be a little over kill for you to do all those suspension upgrades when you don't really track the car. Also I'd think that with a nice 1-1.25" drop on springs and a body kit you'd be fine when it comes to scraping as long as you take things SLOW and at AN ANGLE.

If you will be in an area with tons of speed bumps and dips and potholes and etc. then maybe just start out with either the springs or the body kit and then see if you'd still feel comfortable adding the other thing.
Thanks for the suggestions. I might be heading down your way. At least northern Florinda. I could possibly get stationed at Eglin or Tyndal.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
Alaskan_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Appearance mods are fine, but power mods also get you noticed (and make the car faster and more fun to drive). A cammed/headers Camaro SS will get 10x the attention as a Camaro SS with a GFX kit and appearance mods.
I'm not so sure I am ready to void my warranty yet.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #24
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
If I had it to do all over again I'd do it just the same as I did this time.

By doing the suspension, you are knocking out the most important exterior mod you can do in my opinion. Lowering it for stance.

I'd go with a Pedders set-up.

Second to none in support and you get the suspension you can perform with plus a stance that should have come on these cars to begin with.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Personally I'm opting for performance first. My reasoning is this. I bought the car for MY enjoyment and when I'm sitting in the drivers seat how am I going to enjoy the exterior?
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #26
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
if all you do is wax your car then do the exterior mods. If you actually drive your car then do suspension upgrades
Old 01-03-2012, 04:01 AM   #27
Intimidator333

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange.
I would get it lowered first. I think lowering the Camaro is what really makes it. You can have all stock body parts and have it lowered and it will look way more badass than one with a body kit at stock ride height. My problem is I can't decide on a set of wheels. Wheels, springs, CAI, and exhaust come first for me. Have yet to do any of it. Only had mine 2 months.
Intimidator333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:23 AM   #28
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
let me say after doing my suspension mods the difference is noticeable. i only did springs and sways. you have a bigger budget than i had at the time. if i was you i would do coilovers and sways. you should have a decent amount of money let over to do exterior mods. its a win win, coilovers help with suspension and LOOKS.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote