Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #183
SSMagna
FAST1

Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Holly crap... You've got to be kidding me... One of the most impressive things here is the SMALL list of mods that it took to go 9's... You sir need to take a look at the list of mods it takes to get an SS into the 9's
I'm still adding to the list and still haven't hit the nines! I've got more in just mods than he wants for the car!
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #184
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMagna View Post
I'm still adding to the list and still haven't hit the nines! I've got more in just mods than he wants for the car!
LMAO... but your car is exta special one of a kind too... and if you gave me the choice... I'll take the twins...

It does take extra deep pockets to run 9's with an SS... you're knocking on the door.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #185
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I realize what an accomplishment 9's - or any new, uncharted territory is. It's just a personal thing whereby I find it somewhat more interesting to see what a stock Camaro will do. Having said that, I'm sure many got bored with that long before I discovered this forum.

Having unlimited resources and that kind of expertise, I'd probably pursue the mod quest for speed too. But once you go down that path, where does it end? All the way and back to "restricter plates" I guess. I do enjoy these threads though, really.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #186
HEMI DAVE

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@Livernois View Post
All mods were listed. We were determined to go 9's first and the tune was "on murder" and it was on race gas. It was going 9's running or not when done.. Lol
Ya gotta love this.........

I think you may be selling a few of those "MURDER" tunes Rick....
Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #187
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I've gotta admit, I was with BigHemiSrt on this one, but this explanation says a lot... And like he said a highly respected shop so no reason to doubt now... Awesome Job...
I totally agree. I'll go with it this time because of the great reputation they have. This just makes me respect them even more!! Great job guys!
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:03 AM   #188
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
How much boost was this thing making?? I know it cant be that much due to the small blower. Id say maybe high teens but no way 20 or more. Thats whats baffling me. That video posted earlier of the GT500 running almost identicle times took a BIG 3.4 whipple and 21* of boost. The car probably weighsabout the same also. I know its two totally different engines and the LSA benefits greatly by ported heads and a custom camshaft unlike the mod motors but damn does it really make that much of a difference?!! With race gas and timing you can only throw so much at it till it plateaus and actually starts losing power. You cant throw 30* of extra timing at it and expect to gain 300rwhp. Not saying i dont believe it im just trying to figure out how it was done. Lol
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #189
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I realize what an accomplishment 9's - or any new, uncharted territory is. It's just a personal thing whereby I find it somewhat more interesting to see what a stock Camaro will do. Having said that, I'm sure many got bored with that long before I discovered this forum.

Having unlimited resources and that kind of expertise, I'd probably pursue the mod quest for speed too. But once you go down that path, where does it end? All the way and back to "restricter plates" I guess. I do enjoy these threads though, really.

???
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #190
nanokpsi

Drives: Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHemiSrt View Post
How much boost was this thing making?? I know it cant be that much due to the small blower. Id say maybe high teens but no way 20 or more. Thats whats baffling me. That video posted earlier of the GT500 running almost identicle times took a BIG 3.4 whipple and 21* of boost. The car probably weighsabout the same also. I know its two totally different engines and the LSA benefits greatly by ported heads and a custom camshaft unlike the mod motors but damn does it really make that much of a difference?!! With race gas and timing you can only throw so much at it till it plateaus and actually starts losing power. You cant throw 30* of extra timing at it and expect to gain 300rwhp. Not saying i dont believe it im just trying to figure out how it was done. Lol
There are big gains in the Heads/cams of the GT500s as well, however most leave them alone untill they build the motor as it costs around 4k just to buy the cams, valvetrain and install. It makes more sense just to buy the bigger blower as it alone could take you to the limits of the shortblock. A stock lonblock 5.4 GT500 with a KB 2.8 kit and full exhasut will make a little over 700whp with a 3" pulley (19 psi) and pump gas, and close to 800 on good gas and the 2.5" pulley. Boost is just a number, especially if it runs on pump gas.
nanokpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #191
lunger13
Big Tex Livin in Michigan

Drives: 2011 Camaro Vert. 2SS RS IBM
A 1.5 reaction time is really Slow, imagine if you had a driver in the car what you could of done. I love the MODs and the car is scary fast. but seriously put a driver behind the wheel and run it :-)
Old 05-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #192
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunger13 View Post
A 1.5 reaction time is really Slow, imagine if you had a driver in the car what you could of done. I love the MODs and the car is scary fast. but seriously put a driver behind the wheel and run it :-)
The car would have run the exact same time. RT has zero effect on ET.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #193
Chevy_Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS 6A
Not so cool. Its sad to see people modding ZL1's already. It's sad people do significant mods at all on such masterfully created works of art...
Chevy_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #194
jklipan

Drives: Druid 2SS/RS LS3 Summit White
This is insane!! Nice job guys!!
jklipan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #195
JorgeSS
Mayhem SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 SW/IOM
yall are awesome!

La Muerte Z71 - Stock 5.3 Tuned by File
JorgeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #196
Bob Cosby

Drives: 2010 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_Man View Post
Not so cool. Its sad to see people modding ZL1's already. It's sad people do significant mods at all on such masterfully created works of art...
Surely you're not serious....
Bob Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote