Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 07-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #15
Aries240SS

Drives: 2011 1SS RS Camaro, 1995 LSX 240SX
I'm currently using HP Motorsports. Great support, and good staff there.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:00 PM   #16
15cammedSS

Drives: 2015 2SS....white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
There's a 'popular' tuner in Houston blowing trannies, will ask at our next club function. Perhaps it was an employee that is no longer working at the shop and it's no longer relevant.

Regardless, I would trust MLee to steer me anywhere for tunes as I know he's in the know....and he currently suggests PowerFab and KP Racing.
Yea I plan on being at the next meeting.....already sent my application in and got response. I just need to send the $$$
15cammedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15cammedSS View Post
Yea I plan on being at the next meeting.....already sent my application in and got response. I just need to send the $$$
Awesome... welcome to the club..
Old 07-08-2015, 08:20 AM   #18
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I'm a fan of HP. Good guys. I'm not sure if they're 'the best' but they do a good job, and I feel as if they're really honest. Especially the owner. Not so sure about pricing, as I have no frame of reference, however they seemed reasonable/competitive.

If you're interested in meeting the folks at HP, they're having an 'open house' of sorts on Sat 7/18. Should be good fun.

Bonus, they're super close to my house, so it's not a long drive home Right behind that Chuy's at 10/Westgreen
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:55 PM   #19
BadAquaBluSS
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS/RS, Red 85 Z28
I had my car tuned in Pearland by Mike at G-Force Motorsports, I went on the Power Tour On a safe tune to putting out 675rwhp, (Twin Turbo) and got better than 20mpg, over 1500 miles on the tour.
AGP Twin Turbo, RPS Triple Carbon Clutch, ZL1 Diff with 3.73 gears and Kooks 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust with X Crossover, Kooks Stainless Steel Mufflers, Go Fast Bits EBC, AEM Methanol injection and AEM gauges UEGO and Fuel pressure, Livernois's dual fuel pump, KB Boost a Pump, AUS 1000cc injectors, Full BMR suspension with Koni shocks, JDP Color Changing Halos, Color Changing Scanner Light Bar and Rockford Fosgate T Series Amp's Kicker L7 Sub's.

Build Thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400372
BadAquaBluSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:47 AM   #20
15cammedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Awesome... welcome to the club..
THANKS bro.............when you coming to this neck of the woods? I been waiting for a text! lol
Old 07-09-2015, 12:27 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15cammedSS View Post
THANKS bro.............when you coming to this neck of the woods? I been waiting for a text! lol
SN... been working my ass off lately.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #22
15cammedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
SN... been working my ass off lately.
Lol well that just means more parts for you! Lol
Old 07-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #23
dino2012ls3

Drives: 2012 ls3
LMR can't even turn off my check engine light been back 3x. I eliminated my cats they did my cam after. 20k later drive train is making noise. Called them up and they couldn't even talk to me the guy said come on back in get in line. Not expecting any free but a small conversation would go a long way.
dino2012ls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #24
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
LMR must be slipping then....i had my whole engine done at LMR along with other bells and whistles and that was a few years ago and i havent had any issues. There are a lot of shops in Houston and it seems to me a lot of the good guys move around to who will pay them the most for what they do. The team that i dealt with were great.....and the builder that worked on my car also specialized in their High End vehicles and he was excelent....i watched the whole process.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #25
dino2012ls3

Drives: 2012 ls3
Not on here to bash anybody but I heard the take care of big ticket guys, obviously yours was one such case
dino2012ls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:59 AM   #26
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino2012ls3 View Post
Not on here to bash anybody but I heard the take care of big ticket guys, obviously yours was one such case
Why yes dino....LOL, i payed for what i wanted and believe me it was a lot less than some other shops that charge for their name alone! The cash saved alowed me to go Balls 2 tha Walls with the upgrades, and i dont regret a dollar spent. With that said, if you plan to get any kind of work done regardless of what it is, you need to do your research....your money, your decision!
Old 07-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #27
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
LMR must be slipping then....i had my whole engine done at LMR along with other bells and whistles and that was a few years ago and i havent had any issues. There are a lot of shops in Houston and it seems to me a lot of the good guys move around to who will pay them the most for what they do. The team that i dealt with were great.....and the builder that worked on my car also specialized in their High End vehicles and he was excelent....i watched the whole process.
You are dead on. There are a lot of shops here, but it's the team and the guys who are actually working on your car that counts. It's really hard to keep the good guys in place and LMR has had a couple of big splits where a lot of folks started up new shops which really makes it hard to figure out sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Why yes dino....LOL, i payed for what i wanted and believe me it was a lot less than some other shops that charge for their name alone! The cash saved alowed me to go Balls 2 tha Walls with the upgrades, and i dont regret a dollar spent. With that said, if you plan to get any kind of work done regardless of what it is, you need to do your research....your money, your decision!
... and this post is dead on too.