Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-23-2016, 05:55 AM   #1
Fishinfirefighter

Drives: Zl1
Worthwhile benefits from x-pipe?

Before I mess with my exhaust for the third and HOPEFULLY last time to install my headers, Im wondering what the benefit would be to replace the stock little h with an aftermarket X? If its just sound ill pass, minimal gains....pass. But if its that big a deal then I may as well do it while its apart so I dont have to drop my exhaust 4 times
Fishinfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:03 AM   #2
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
I did this with a resonated x-pipe. I don't like the feel of the torque at low end, my butt dyno says I lost a little. I don't think there's any power gain either. As it's resonated, it really quieted down the system, a little too much for me. A non-resonated x-pipe will provide different sound, but I think torque/power will result in the same as the resonated x-pipe. If you do cut out your h-pipe, I'll buy it from you.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:53 PM   #3
Fishinfirefighter

Drives: Zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterboy8 View Post
I did this with a resonated x-pipe. I don't like the feel of the torque at low end, my butt dyno says I lost a little. I don't think there's any power gain either. As it's resonated, it really quieted down the system, a little too much for me. A non-resonated x-pipe will provide different sound, but I think torque/power will result in the same as the resonated x-pipe. If you do cut out your h-pipe, I'll buy it from you.
I did a fair amount of research after i started this thread and came to the conclusion there really is no benefit to messing with the stock h-pipe aside from sound. Glad, didnt want to have to deal with it lol.
Fishinfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #4
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
This link might help. x-pipe vs h-pipe
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:20 AM   #5
winterboy8

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Blue Velvet Metallic
After watching this, I think my butt dyno is confirmed, I did lose torque by switching from the h to x pipe.