Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #29
04svtsnke

Drives: '04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
.....As much as we may disagree sometimes I'm agreeing with you on this one.
Lol, GM/FORD HIGH FIVE!!!!!!..........yeah I know fail.....
Old 08-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #30
Monsterpost
Banned

Drives: 2010 Dodge Charger Police
Quote:
Originally Posted by HpJunkie69 View Post
You all are all crazy!! Nothing is wrong with the ZL1, it runs 111mph trap speeds cause its a road course car not drag strip car like the GT500. Besides 111 vs 125mph isnt that big of a difference.
You must be on drugs; really.........................
Old 08-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #31
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
I think you guys need to chill more than the zl1 engine

I put an inter cooler fluid tank of 1 gallon on mine and it makes a difference. I took out the washer bottle to compensate for the weight. It was cheap and if you install it yourself it,s under $150. Someone sells a55 gpm pump but I'm afraid it might be too much, plus its expensive$600. If you don,t race it I think it,s enough. The larger HX would be next step
Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #32
04svtsnke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
I think you guys need to chill more than the zl1 engine

I put an inter cooler fluid tank of 1 gallon on mine and it makes a difference. I took out the washer bottle to compensate for the weight. It was cheap and if you install it yourself it,s under $150. Someone sells a55 gpm pump but I'm afraid it might be too much, plus its expensive$600. If you don,t race it I think it,s enough. The larger HX would be next step
A 55 gpm pump is way too much. If you can find one between 10-20 gpm would be nice.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #33
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

Drives: 2010 L99
Wait, so you guys ar saying that the ZL1 don't have a IC resivore??? That's not cool...

IDK if this will help, but if ya are looking for any answeres about heat soak check out the fourm for a pontiac GTP. GM did not put a IC under the supercharger. so ZZP and intence racing had to come up with some aftermarket Ic systems. back in 04 I bought one for my GTP. so I could install a smaller pully. I also modified there system and installed a ford lightning Resivor in the system. Heat issues were gone..

also, the heat is one issue, but I am willing to bet id someone would install a midpipe with high flow cats, they would see a big big differance in IAT's and trap speed. I also bet the LSA would quit pulling so much timing.... the cats in GM, Camaros cause major heat soak....
Old 08-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #34
Bola1103

Drives: 2001 camaro ss
Quote:
You all are all crazy!! Nothing is wrong with the ZL1, it runs 111mph trap speeds cause its a road course car not drag strip car like the GT500. Besides 111 vs 125mph isnt that big of a difference.
not that big of a difference it's a huge

difference.chevy says this car can go to a drag strip and run 11 sec times all day.the zl1 and the 500 are still muscle cars and a lot of people judge them by how fast they are and I'm one of those guys
Old 08-02-2012, 09:43 PM   #35
04svtsnke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoodbar View Post
Wait, so you guys ar saying that the ZL1 don't have a IC resivore??? That's not cool...

IDK if this will help, but if ya are looking for any answeres about heat soak check out the fourm for a pontiac GTP. GM did not put a IC under the supercharger. so ZZP and intence racing had to come up with some aftermarket Ic systems. back in 04 I bought one for my GTP. so I could install a smaller pully. I also modified there system and installed a ford lightning Resivor in the system. Heat issues were gone..

also, the heat is one issue, but I am willing to bet id someone would install a midpipe with high flow cats, they would see a big big differance in IAT's and trap speed. I also bet the LSA would quit pulling so much timing.... the cats in GM, Camaros cause major heat soak....
The GTPwould've been a fantastic candidate for methanol injection( maybe that is a possible popular mod). Relieving back pressure will help with heat some but it won't cure any of the heatsoak issues that the zl1 is having. No reservoir, a very small heat exchanger, an ok pump and a very very small intercooler is what's causing these problems. Id love to see what E85 does alog with a rx chiller. If these motors can stay cool consistently they can tear some stuff up.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #36
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04svtsnke View Post
The GTFO would've been a fantastic candidate for methanol injection( maybe that is a possible popular mod). Relieving back pressure will help with heat some but it won't cure any of the heatsoak issues that the zl1 is having. No reservoir, a very small heat exchanger, an ok pump and a very very small intercooler is what's causing these problems. Id love to see what E85 does alog with a rx chiller. If these motors can stay cool consistently they can tear some stuff up.

My SS recieved no less than 3-4 up to 6 total KR from a bad cat on the driverside. It needed a fuse pull everyday no matter what gas I put in it. I even mixed some sunco 110 in with 8 gal of 93 one time and still got 4kr...... And your saying a small Heat exchanger is on the car yep, your 100% right up grade time..... Owww L99 auto SS, It was even tuned and still got so much KR it was messed up... I removed my cats and instantly 0kr I even got with Ted and added 2 more degrees of timing and still no Kr. Saw a post of someone getting headers or talking about headers.. I asked if he could get a 1/2 mile time before and after the install just to see..... If there is anyone around memphis I have HP tunners and we could do somedata loging and post up some results for everyone to check out.......
Old 08-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #37
naSSty1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Im more surprised that people still get surprised that the ZL1 can not out perform the GT500 on the strip. Well, here is what you need if you want to Drag...
http://youtu.be/f03RM5i3cDs?hd=1
Old 08-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #38
9c1ny

Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
I thought the biggest part of the development of this car was supposed to be the "technology" which was supposed to make the car so easy to drive and user friendly

I haven't seen anyone except GM cutting good 60's

seems like the GT500s are way more user friendly

furthermore it kills me all these people who are like "yeah the GT500 is faster so what??! a magazine said the ZL1 wins!"

the GT500 is DIRECT competition for the ZL1

what if fuel economy was your thing instead of performance?

Car company A has a car that gets 75mpg, car company B offers a direct competitor that gets 50mpg but a magazine deems it more "comfortable", would that cut it for anyone??

I think not
Old 08-02-2012, 11:15 PM   #39
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9c1ny View Post
I thought the biggest part of the development of this car was supposed to be the "technology" which was supposed to make the car so easy to drive and user friendly

I haven't seen anyone except GM cutting good 60's

seems like the GT500s are way more user friendly

furthermore it kills me all these people who are like "yeah the GT500 is faster so what??! a magazine said the ZL1 wins!"

the GT500 is DIRECT competition for the ZL1

what if fuel economy was your thing instead of performance?

Car company A has a car that gets 75mpg, car company B offers a direct competitor that gets 50mpg but a magazine deems it more "comfortable", would that cut it for anyone??

I think not
Here we go........ Another GT500 vs. ZL1 thread.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #40
mgoodbar
White 2ss, LT, CAI, Tune

WOW thats bad ass, a factory drag car.... thats right completly factory with a 4.0 blower option, that thing must be running 25lb of boost and factory slicks and a solid rear axel.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #41
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
Quote:
lol!!!

Closed Thread