Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #449
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Sheesh... Talk about beating a dead horse.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #450
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Road Racing > Time Trials > AutoX > Drag Racing > Street Racing

Define "racing"? Define how a particular car was "meant to be driven"?

This constant bickering only proves how close the two cars are in performance. Butthurt people who want the outright "fastest car" crown to themselves can't claim it for this reason. ZL1 acceleration butthurt vs. GT500 handling and magazine review butthurt. Each side doesn't have a clear victory so the arguments as to which categories are more important / valid / relevant rage on. Quit spinning your wheels here and spin them on the track instead. Having to prove that your car is better on a forum is bench racing even if you own and drive the car like it is "meant to be driven". Keep trying to argue brunettes are better to someone who prefers blondes.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #451
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorman View Post
lol...yeah, over what, 8-9 years? Do the math.
mlee has more posts on this board alone 4 years than I do on the entire internet since '98. Way more.
Of course, there are the lawnchairs-in-the-trunk owners, and the owners that actually race their cars. I bet mlee does lots of sitting.
S.
I haven't raced mine yet :(

I don't think I could afford to fix the car if something happened to it.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #452
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Snorman you gotta post some pics of your rides man. That's a nice stable.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #453
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
mlee has more posts on this board alone 4 years than I do on the entire internet since '98. Way more.
Of course, there are the lawnchairs-in-the-trunk owners, and the owners that actually race their cars. I bet mlee does lots of sitting.
S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HpJunkie69 View Post
LMAO!!! I could so see a lawn chair in his car!! Then again he would have to get his arse out of his cpu chair to get any use out of it. I just dont see that happening.

He brought that beast of a car of his to the drag strip, maybe thats when he whooped out the lawn chair!! Lmao

still waiting on those results...
You Trolls are a blast... always making assumtions, because you live in one thread... All you have to do is ask for my results, dumbasses.

Pretty sure I have 20 or so slips in the stack now. Nothing to write home about and exactly in line with what you've already seen. I've confirmed all this in other posts that you would also know nothing about. My modded SS was faster, but had no where near the platform this car has to build off of. GT500 vs ZL1 was a no brainer given future mod plans.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #454
9c1ny

Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
Quote:
S.
Snorman delivering the Zzzzzzzzz's on Camaro5
Old 09-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #455
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Of course we wouldnt know what YOUR other posts consist of. We're not the c5 police. We don't watch your every move, me myself could give two chits about what your saying in other threads that i dont participate in.

Actually i dont care about your posts in the threads i do participate in. Tho the lengths you go to to police this place is very comical.

Sorry about those 20 high 12-13sec passes man. Must suck to spend that kinda coin on muscle car and dont have anything to write home about when taken to the dragstrip.

Ha Ha... my job is done here... I got Tap a Talk boy all wound up again. At least I know where to find you when I'm ready for a good laugh...
Old 09-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #456
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Quote:
Really?? Bc i dont own a car im not entitled to voice my opinion/facts?? Damn where has AMERICA gone??

As Snorman said even if i did own a GT500 id still be slandered as a TROLL. Y'all just proved that. Everyone of this mans rides would SLAUGHTER a ZL1 including his GT500 but guess what y'all are calling him. A Troll. Why? Cause his cars are packing more heat than the ZL1?? Pretty petty way to be imo.

Funny part is the majority of the ZL1 owners in the thread have NEVER and WILL never race their car, but bc they own the car of topic it gives them the right to discuss racing. While me who does actually race my car can't give input bc i dont own a ZL1.

Mlee, hasnt your ZL1 been to a dragstrip? Havent seen any results from you...Hmmm

Who's the real bench racers??

Oh, incase y'all didnt see the video. Snorman raced his 13 GTR against his 13 GT500. Lets just say it wasnt pretty for the GTR. Now just think how bad a GTR would embarrass a ZL1...

When you don't own either car, and praise one's hp and timeslips, that you have never run, and bash anothers hp and time slips, again, that you have never run, that is the defacto quintesential bench racer.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #457
jimmy5

I don't really care what a GT500 does honestly. And I don't get on the ford forums and bash its inferior suspension or anything of the sort. Someone can always outspend and outrun you. Also, that isn't a horrible pass for the car, but a horrible pass for the driver.
You own neither, yet bash only one. Bench racing at it's finest.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #458
jimmy5

ZL1 has won both of the motortrend articles comparing the two. If the ZL1 was the winner in the straight line you wouldn't be here, so you are right, the same logic wouldn't apply.
All you know is what you've read on the internet and watch on youtube. From that your expert opinion formed and you have been on here bashing the ZL1 ever since when the fact is you haven't set your butt in either one.
You can completely state your opinion, but would I rather take the opinion of Motortrend and their guys that actually sat in and drove both cars over a guy who it sitting there watching both pass him by.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #459
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
All becuase you choose not to do something doesnt take away a persons right to do so. Nor does it make it wrong.

Everything your saying is absurd.

I know for a fact if the ZL1 was on the winning end of this battle the same logic wouldnt apply.

Being butt hurt makes ppl think in crazy ways.
I would think for a Fact that if the ZL1 was on the winning end of the 1/4 mile mark, there would be no threads like this.

Old 09-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #460
jimmy5

Quote:
Really?? Only what ive read and youtube eh??

Ive PERSONALLY watched a auto ZL1 with my own two eyes get beat by 5.0 with nothing more than a axle back exhaust, f bodies with minor bolt ons, srt8 jeep, and more. Some we're cars that should have beat it, but most we're cars it had no reason losing to.

If street racing video's we're allowed here id post the video's of it getting waxed left and right.

The driver knew how to drive. Was very experienced racer with his C6Z, and the thing was hardly spinning if at all. The street out here is prepped better than the local tracks on tnt nights.

Stop making assumptions.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #461
Vette TPI

Drives: 1987 Corvette TPI
No surprise here, I'd own both if I could. Mustang vs Corvette is a pointless old argument, it's apples to oranges. We'll see what happens when the Camaro is lighter and has a more efficient powerful engine
Old 09-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #462
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
This is my question to all because I asked it before and got a round about answer. We know that most ZL1's are posting high 12 to low 13 quarter mile times. From what I've seen (youtube of course) and heard from others there are only a handful (literally) of bone stock GT500's that have gotten into the high 11s. Most are in the mid to low 12s in the quarter. If i'm wrong about this please correct me with fact but for a car that weighs less and is more powerful how is that so much better? The reason I'm asking this is because I as well as a lot of people in this forum give the GT500 it's props because it's a hell of a car for the money. Most of the blue oval (Ok not most but a lot) crowd bashes the ZL1 because it posts quarter times a few 1/10ths of a second slower than a lighter more powerful car. I mean let's just through modding out of the window because of so many different variables but stock for stock in the hand's of most weekend warriors (meaning not a noob but not a pro either) these are both 12 second cars. On the track from what we've seen these cars post similar times and depending on the track either car can win so again how is the ZL1 garbage for that. I don't read the average auto mags but most have given the ZL1 the edge overall and the blue oval crowd bashes the bowtie crowd for claiming that. Lets be real for a second people. If the mags had given the GT500 the advantage overall the Ford crowd would be claiming that and if you say they wouldn't your kidding yourself. Again I'm not looking to change anyones mind about what car they like but the bashing of both cars is stupid and anyone who does it sounds like a dumba## in my book whether trolling or not. We have before us the best production GT500/Mustang to date and the best production Camaro to date in my opinion. No car has shown me anything that I can say "yeah that's definitely the better car". Everyone is saying the same damn thing over and over like it's something new that hasn't been heard before.

Closed Thread