Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #155
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Ya i saw the story, the whole thing is Grade A Bullshit.

That struck me as a "We suck at our jobs and were embarrassed because we let something like this happen in the first place. Now that people know we suck, we're going to ruin your day" type of act.

Anyways, Subaru insiders are claiming the next STi will go back to Sedan form with some upgrades to push it past the Evo X which spanks it in performance right now.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #156
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
?? most of them are the ciminals dont let the badge fool you!
touche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
Ya i saw the story, the whole thing is Grade A Bullshit.

That struck me as a "We suck at our jobs and were embarrassed because we let something like this happen in the first place. Now that people know we suck, we're going to ruin your day" type of act.

Anyways, Subaru insiders are claiming the next STi will go back to Sedan form with some upgrades to push it past the Evo X which spanks it in performance right now.
Cool, lookin forward to seeing what they come out with!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #157
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
No, sounds like you should go with the Appliance, you'd save on gas AND insurance.

However I suggest the next time you attempt to make an 'intellegent' refferance id avoid both hearsay and dumb examples like 15 year old used cars.
Heresay?? I was the one who fixed all of those said problems on that car.

You said get an Accord. Thats an Accord, regardless of age, and those are the problems with it.

Your advice is about as useful as that broken down Accord.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:58 PM   #158
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Heresay?? I was the one who fixed all of those said problems on that car.

You said get an Accord. Thats an Accord, regardless of age, and those are the problems with it.

Your advice is about as useful as that broken down Accord.

Normally id combat this with some form of relevant information, however if you really think that you can make a case against the Accord being reliable by refferancing a worthless unsupported personal testimony of some 15 year old used car then your beyond help.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #159
acehole

Drives: mits lancer oz
This sint a charger site its a camaro site...what the hell do we care if u compare the evo to a charger ???
acehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #160
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex3dworld View Post

Take both cars to the streets, drag racing=hard battle, track racing=lol not even try it. better gas millage, cheaper maintenance, i'm sorry. i keep my evo
alex i have mad respect for the mistu evo's. hell im even thinken about getting a evo x gsr sometime in the future if the z28 doesnt come out.
but u cant comapre a stock car to a modified one. i relaize the evo respond very well to money mods but soo does chevys ls3. i can garentee u 1200$ on the ls3 and ull be shredding tires in no time. and if u invest the money correctly the car will be able to out handle the all-wheel drive evo
however the evo is not cheaper to maintain than a camaro ss, nore doest it get better milage than it.

im still waiting on a video review of how the american muscle cars(camaro ss, mustnag, challanger srt8) stack up against the plastic fantastics(evo x, subby sti, genesis coupe, 370z)