Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
gdl029
CAROMARO

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray 1LT
Windows phone 8 Nokia 920

Does anybody have the new windows phone and if so,have you had any trouble connecting to blue tooth or streaming music. Work is giving us these phones just wondering if I should keep my iPhone also.
gdl029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
Sw0rdf1sh

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary - No Stripe
I don't have a Win 8 but a Win 7.5 (work given with Sprint who doesn't have an 8 yet) and it works fine.

I also have been using Zune for years (Xbox Music now?) so that gives some added benefit to me. The text to speech is something I really like from the Windows Phone in my car as well.

2012 45th Anniversary LT2; Stripe Delete; MnP Carbon Fiber Bowtie Inserts; ORACLE Concept SMD Sidemarkers; Oracle LED License Plate Bulbs, ProClip Center Speaker Mounted Samsung Galaxy Tab, Sequential Taillights
Sw0rdf1sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
Ravage

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
I pick up my SS on Thursday or Friday and have the Nokia 920. I'll let you know how it goes.
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
gdl029
CAROMARO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
I pick up my SS on Thursday or Friday and have the Nokia 920. I'll let you know how it goes.
Cool thanks!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl029 View Post
Does anybody have the new windows phone and if so,have you had any trouble connecting to blue tooth or streaming music. Work is giving us these phones just wondering if I should keep my iPhone also.
Keep your iPhone (I bet I know where you work)
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #6
Ravage

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
Picked up my Camaro today. It's a 2SS with RS and Navigation unit, but I'm sure it works the same as the basic myLink.

Pairing was easy.
Voice dialing worked first time, was impressed.
Streaming music sounds great.
If you stream using an app like Nokia Music, you even get the image of the album you are listening too, that just blew my mind as my Infiniti didn't do that and I had no idea it the Nokia could do that.

If you have any specific requests let me know. Also I'm pretty happy with my Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8 is a world of difference compared to previous versions. I'd never go back to my iPhone.
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #7
D33pTh0u9ht1

Drives: 2013 2LT Convertible
Have had issues...

I have a 920 and use it with MyLink (no nav) in my 2013 vert. I have had a number of issues with the radio, but I do not believe that they are phone related. First the good... streaming over bluetooth works great. No issues.

The problem is with bluetooth call handling. I have had the radio lock up after ending a call and it would not work at all until I keyed off the vehicle, opened the door (to power the radio down) and restart the vehicle.

Also, I have had a situation where the radio would display who I was calling, but no audio. In fact, I could not hear the person I called, and they could not hear me. Believe it or not, I corrected this issue by unplugging the USB flash drive from the port in the console.

Visiting the shop tomorrow and will request a radio software update (if one exists). I use this same phone in my wife's Equinox (MyLink) with none of these issues so, once again, I dont think it is the phone.
D33pTh0u9ht1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
gdl029
CAROMARO

Thanks for the info, I get the phone next week so I will let you know.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
gdl029
CAROMARO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
Picked up my Camaro today. It's a 2SS with RS and Navigation unit, but I'm sure it works the same as the basic myLink.

Pairing was easy.
Voice dialing worked first time, was impressed.
Streaming music sounds great.
If you stream using an app like Nokia Music, you even get the image of the album you are listening too, that just blew my mind as my Infiniti didn't do that and I had no idea it the Nokia could do that.

If you have any specific requests let me know. Also I'm pretty happy with my Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8 is a world of difference compared to previous versions. I'd never go back to my iPhone.
Have fun with your new ride.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #10
gdl029
CAROMARO

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33pTh0u9ht1 View Post
I have a 920 and use it with MyLink (no nav) in my 2013 vert. I have had a number of issues with the radio, but I do not believe that they are phone related. First the good... streaming over bluetooth works great. No issues.

The problem is with bluetooth call handling. I have had the radio lock up after ending a call and it would not work at all until I keyed off the vehicle, opened the door (to power the radio down) and restart the vehicle.

Also, I have had a situation where the radio would display who I was calling, but no audio. In fact, I could not hear the person I called, and they could not hear me. Believe it or not, I corrected this issue by unplugging the USB flash drive from the port in the console

Visiting the shop tomorrow and will request a radio software update (if one exists). I use this same phone in my wife's Equinox (MyLink) with none of these issues so, once again, I dont think it is the phone.
THANKS
Old 04-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #11
esponda

Drives: V6 LT/RS
2011 camaro w/ windows 8x I got full functionality
esponda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #12
Stealth6

Drives: '17 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl029 View Post
Lumia 920, when paired with Bluetooth, works fantastic. One of the best features is when someone sends you a text message.... it will read that message for you verbatim. No need to reach for the phone.... it will alert you and offer to read it for you.
Also, making and receiving calls is seamless.

Just make sure to update your Lumia whenever there are updates for it.
Stealth6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #13
Nick821

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS Convert
2013 SS/RS with Lumia 920 works great no issues.
Nick821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #14
Papa Q

Drives: 2013 CRT Camaro 2LT/RS
Got a Lumia 920 as well; works great with my '13.

The only thing I can't seem to get it to do is activate voice commands on the phone. Currently, when I want to start a voice command to search, text, or start an app, I have to pick up the phone, press and hold the Windows button to actually do it.

I was wondering if you guys found a way to invoke that through the car.

Note: this is different than invoking the voice command of the car itself. WP8 has built-in voice commands for certain actions like... "Text James..."
Papa Q is offline   Reply With Quote