Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #15
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman0837 View Post
As much as I appreciate the offer, I would really like to stay on site at the speedway, I had a blast talking to other vendors and forum members between repairs. I don't have any doubt I'd get work if I showed up, but yes, the BIG question is how much? If it makes any difference, my friend Bryan is considering taking the trip with me. He repairs leather, vinyl , and plastics. Anyone that has a small blemish in their interior may want to hook up with him. But like me, he would also need enough work to justify the trip and time away from regular work...
I figured you would want to stay on-site, his lot is actually just a couple of miles from the hotels. I sent him a PM, he has a guy that comes out once a week. I'm going to have lunch with him while we're in town, we'll put it on the back burner and see what happens in a month.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #16
Batman0837

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS # 71394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
If you drum up enough interest to make it worth your while I have two small dents in my passenger door I'd like taken care of.
Well I'll put you at the top of the list, maybe that's all it will take to get the ball rolling...Thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 09:43 PM   #17
Batman0837

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
I figured you would want to stay on-site, his lot is actually just a couple of miles from the hotels. I sent him a PM, he has a guy that comes out once a week. I'm going to have lunch with him while we're in town, we'll put it on the back burner and see what happens in a month.
Sounds like a plan, thanks!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #18
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Well I'll put you at the top of the list, maybe that's all it will take to get the ball rolling...Thanks
Cool and thank you! Good luck, and I hope you garner enough interest.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #19
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Yes yes yes! I would like to have a dent in my driver side door removed. I'll post a pic shortly!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #20
Batman0837

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Yes yes yes! I would like to have a dent in my driver side door removed. I'll post a pic shortly!
You're on the list
Old 03-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #21
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Glad I found this!! I have three very small dents (door dings) on my passenger rear quarter panel and one of the dents actually pulled some paint off...is this something you can tackle on a black Camaro??
Old 03-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #22
Batman0837

^ Are the dents closer to the door or the trunk opening? If they are closer to the door, I would most likely use a pulling device (although not on the chipped dent, since it would latch on to the edge of the chip and likely pull more paint off) if they are closer to the trunk, I would most likely access the dents from the trunk opening. If you put small pieces of painters masking tape on the dings and shoot a picture and either post the pic or send me a PM, I can give you a more valid opinion...
Old 03-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #23
PoorMansCamaro

Not sure what you can do with this. As you can see some paint is chipped, but i'll deal with that, just want the dent gone...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 03-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #24
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Quote:
^ Are the dents closer to the door or the trunk opening? If they are closer to the door, I would most likely use a pulling device (although not on the chipped dent, since it would latch on to the edge of the chip and likely pull more paint off) if they are closer to the trunk, I would most likely access the dents from the trunk opening. If you put small pieces of painters masking tape on the dings and shoot a picture and either post the pic or send me a PM, I can give you a more valid opinion...
I'll try to grab you some pictures tomorrow but they are acutally right above the passenger rear wheel well right where the body line is around the wheel well. The two small ones in the rear don't seem too bad but the one about a foot in front of them is the one with the paint chip.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #25
Batman0837

OUCH, That looks pretty rough, at least as far as PDR is concerned. If I make the trip, I'd be happy to look at it more closely but there are some things in the pics to be concerned about.

In this pic, everything between the red line and the edge of the door is two layers of metal sandwiched together and both layers are damaged. The obvious damage is between the yellow lines. It's very difficult if not impossible to work two layers of metal with no space between them.

In this pic, I'm very concerned about the crescent shape highlighted in yellow, and the line formed in the shell by the inner jamb (also with paint that is cracked, highlighted in red)...It's not a good prognosis :(

Again, if I come out, I'll know more seeing it in person. I've gotten lucky on some nasty edges on many cars so there's a chance...Also if I get lucky with the dent, I have CGM touch-up to clean up the paint a bit.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #26
Batman0837

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
I'll try to grab you some pictures tomorrow but they are acutally right above the passenger rear wheel well right where the body line is around the wheel well. The two small ones in the rear don't seem too bad but the one about a foot in front of them is the one with the paint chip.
Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for your pics...
Old 03-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #27
PIANOMN
Epic; Winning!

Drives: 2010 1SS ABM
I am definitely interested... But I have so many small chips and dings from driving 70+ miles a day I think I need to get a complete job before the fest... If I don't and you are there, you will have my business for sure!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #28
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
OUCH, That looks pretty rough, at least as far as PDR is concerned. If I make the trip, I'd be happy to look at it more closely but there are some things in the pics to be concerned about.

In this pic, everything between the red line and the edge of the door is two layers of metal sandwiched together and both layers are damaged. The obvious damage is between the yellow lines. It's very difficult if not impossible to work two layers of metal with no space between them.

In this pic, I'm very concerned about the crescent shape highlighted in yellow, and the line formed in the shell by the inner jamb (also with paint that is cracked, highlighted in red)...It's not a good prognosis :(

Again, if I come out, I'll know more seeing it in person. I've gotten lucky on some nasty edges on many cars so there's a chance...Also if I get lucky with the dent, I have CGM touch-up to clean up the paint a bit.
Well, I hope you can make it. Even to just look at it.

Closed Thread