Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #15
firedrop

Drives: 2012 2ss/l99 a6, victory red
go from 1st to third and down to first again. disables AFM til u move the shifter to neutral/park/drive

CAI, custom catback with flowmaster series 10s
firedrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alot9439 View Post
I think what your hearing is AFM kicking in. You can disable it by tuning your car ( voids warranty) or you can get a Range device. Also you could use this method put your car in S mode downshift with steering wheel paddles to 1st than up to 2nd and then down to 1st and 2nd again and then first; All this while stationary with your foot on the brake this should turn of AFM put once you get out of M mode you have to repeat it to get it to disable. I am not sure about this method but I heard it works.
you dont have to be at a stop to do this..i pull out of my driveway in s mode..i paddle shift to 2nd till i get down to the end of my street...gear down to 1st..i pull away from the stop sign in 1st paddle shifting the rest of my drive. You can downshift in any gear as long as your not going too fast for the gear your downshifting too.then upshift you will be afm free till it goes into drive or park.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote