Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 05-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
MAGfuz

Drives: VR 2SS Convertible
Got my LE of Halo 4 pre-ordered! May have to go play some Halo: CEA or pick up reach for some online play!

TEAM LS3!
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:29 AM   #16
UnknownWarrior
GM Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kold View Post
i have never been into the halo campaign to be honest. Its always been about the multiplayer. The Halo 2 ranking system was by far the only gaming ranking system every 100% based off skill or at least towards the start it was b4 all the bads started botting. Halo 3 was good but i felt like it always lackd something but never really sure wht it was. Halo 4 looks pretty promising if you ask me cause it looks just like halo 2 and halo 3 mix. Most people say there there worried that 343 will rune the game and it may very well happen but rem when bungie first game out with halo and they had the passion to prove that they could make a good game. This is the way i feel about 343 they knw that bungie has released about 3 shit halo games ( Reach, ODST, and Halo wars) so they will be trying to revive it and actually listen to the community. I feel like halo 4 will be bringing back the competitveness of the halo community that i feel kinda died. Yeah its still in MLG but i feel like not having the BR in halo reach really just killed it for lots of people.
are you nuts, i am a die hard Halo fan and i loved Reach, ODST was a bit iffy and Halo Wars was not made by Bungie but Ensemble Studios which Microsoft picked to make it just before they closed their doors, ODST and Halo Wars are the only games out of the Halo Franchise that i have never finished, i own all 3 LE Halo Consoles and multiple copies of each Halo game, im a MAJOR Halo nerd lol
Old 05-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #17
GatorUSMC

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Most people say there there worried that 343 will rune the game and it may very well happen but rem when bungie first game out with halo...

It was ruined as soon as it went from being exclusive to Apple to being bought out for MS.
GatorUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #18
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
i have never been into the halo campaign to be honest. Its always been about the multiplayer. The Halo 2 ranking system was by far the only gaming ranking system every 100% based off skill or at least towards the start it was b4 all the bads started botting. Halo 3 was good but i felt like it always lackd something but never really sure wht it was. Halo 4 looks pretty promising if you ask me cause it looks just like halo 2 and halo 3 mix. Most people say there there worried that 343 will rune the game and it may very well happen but rem when bungie first game out with halo and they had the passion to prove that they could make a good game. This is the way i feel about 343 they knw that bungie has released about 3 shit halo games ( Reach, ODST, and Halo wars) so they will be trying to revive it and actually listen to the community. I feel like halo 4 will be bringing back the competitveness of the halo community that i feel kinda died. Yeah its still in MLG but i feel like not having the BR in halo reach really just killed it for lots of people.

Wow, the halo series is the only FPS that I never even touched the multiplayer until I completed the story. Hell halo reach I completed the story solo on legendary. trying to keep a open mind with 343 taking the lead on the series. I am looking forward to it.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #19
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x

Live action series!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #20
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Did you notice the lead male had CAM5 on the back of his shirt
Old 07-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #21
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
Did you notice the lead male had CAM5 on the back of his shirt
Just went and rewatched, looks like all the recruits have that, I think its CAMS.... Cadet: Airborne Marine School ?
Old 07-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #22
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Just went and rewatched, looks like all the recruits have that, I think its CAMS.... Cadet: Airborne Marine School ?
Just found out its the "Cormilo Academy of Military Science" probably spelled the name wrong.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #23
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
Just found out its the "Cormilo Academy of Military Science" probably spelled the name wrong.
Ah ha, officer school then, like Westpoint.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #24
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Meh. Video Games just get worse and worse. Too many damn bells and whistles, not enough focus on what matters.

I am a super-mega-ultra Halo nerd. I trained with MLG players while Halo 2 was out. Made my way through college winning tournaments. "Congrats! Here is your xbox!". Off to e-bay. Repeat.

The games have gotten progressively worse.

Halo CE = Flawless. Multiplayer map/weapon balance was perfect.
Halo 2 = Not too shabby. First foray into online gaming, however hacking doomed it. Maps were great, weapons could have used some work.
Halo 3 = wtf is this crap. Maps were terrible, they were either mirrored, wanna-be Hang 'Em highs, or 'storm-the-base' nonsense. Stupid shields and mods detract from the main purpose.
ODST = Didn't even waste my time.
Halo Reach = Some steps in the right direction, but many of Halo 3 failings were still present.

And now that Bungie has washed their hands of the series and it's completely in the hands of greedy Microsoft - I see the downward spiral continuing.

Honestly, they need to get back to basics. A multiplayer with balanced weapons and maps on a good network with a solid ranking system is all I have ever wanted, and I believe is all the game needs. Bring back the competitive flair that Halo 1 and 2 had. Not a fan of all the co-op dungeons and dragons nonsense.

... But I know I'll still give Halo 4 a shot.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #25
Cliffjumper

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Black
Camt wait for it to come out I already fully paid for the special edition
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #26
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Meh. Video Games just get worse and worse. Too many damn bells and whistles, not enough focus on what matters.

I am a super-mega-ultra Halo nerd. I trained with MLG players while Halo 2 was out. Made my way through college winning tournaments. "Congrats! Here is your xbox!". Off to e-bay. Repeat.

The games have gotten progressively worse.

Halo CE = Flawless. Multiplayer map/weapon balance was perfect.
Halo 2 = Not too shabby. First foray into online gaming, however hacking doomed it. Maps were great, weapons could have used some work.
Halo 3 = wtf is this crap. Maps were terrible, they were either mirrored, wanna-be Hang 'Em highs, or 'storm-the-base' nonsense. Stupid shields and mods detract from the main purpose.
ODST = Didn't even waste my time.
Halo Reach = Some steps in the right direction, but many of Halo 3 failings were still present.

And now that Bungie has washed their hands of the series and it's completely in the hands of greedy Microsoft - I see the downward spiral continuing.

Honestly, they need to get back to basics. A multiplayer with balanced weapons and maps on a good network with a solid ranking system is all I have ever wanted, and I believe is all the game needs. Bring back the competitive flair that Halo 1 and 2 had. Not a fan of all the co-op dungeons and dragons nonsense.

... But I know I'll still give Halo 4 a shot.
Honestly I'd play it just for the continuation of the story. I've read all the books and such, love the entire Halo universe that they built.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #27
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Honestly I'd play it just for the continuation of the story. I've read all the books and such, love the entire Halo universe that they built.
Yea, I don't argue with that. I kinda feel the same.

I'm sure it will be a decent game. Halo requires more skill than CoD games, so it should have some competitive elements I enjoy.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #28
InfernoSS88

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
im beyond stoked...halo was the entire reaosn i bought a 360...considering i was a playstaion anboy...me n my bidies would play halo/2 all day and night...those were the days..

nostalgic past aside..halo 4= many hours wasted on rotting my brain into xbox mush ) and im excited lol
InfernoSS88 is offline   Reply With Quote