Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-26-2009, 12:23 AM   #43
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
This dealer fee is charged on all cars, not just the camaro.

I have my order signed stating "MSRP or less with incentives". No mention of "fees". I'm just going to state that the fees make it more than MSRP and therefore against our agreement. We'll see how that goes.
That sounds like a good plan of attack, but if they do it on all cars... they may not budge.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #44
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Interesting they don't tell you what this "Fee" is? if not it's basically a mark up...
Yup. It's just more profit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
That sounds like a good plan of attack, but if they do it on all cars... they may not budge.
If this was any other car, I would have negotiated a price and this would've been counted in that price. In this case I negotiated MSRP so I'm expecting it to be part of that. At least that's how I'm looking at it. I have a feeling they'll stick to it knowing they can get several grand more if I refuse to pay their stupid fees. Going to be interesting either way. I'll make sure to report back the results.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:43 AM   #45
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Yup. It's just more profit.

If this was any other car, I would have negotiated a price and this would've been counted in that price. In this case I negotiated MSRP so I'm expecting it to be part of that. At least that's how I'm looking at it. I have a feeling they'll stick to it knowing they can get several grand more if I refuse to pay their stupid fees. Going to be interesting either way. I'll make sure to report back the results.
Yeah.
Please do!
Good luck!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:08 AM   #46
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
UCF w00t and I have the same dealer lot and this is how my dealer at the lot has explained the dealer fee:

"599.95 dealer fee. I pay that, its over head, it will cover all service, gas detail and etc..."

Finally got out of him its not him or his GM but this dealership belongs to the AutoNation Group and it is them that mandate the dealer fee.

By chance there is proposed law going around the Florida House and Senate that will make dealer fees in Florida illegal just not soon enough to help us out.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #47
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
UCF w00t and I have the same dealer lot and this is how my dealer at the lot has explained the dealer fee:

"599.95 dealer fee. I pay that, its over head, it will cover all service, gas detail and etc..."

Finally got out of him its not him or his GM but this dealership belongs to the AutoNation Group and it is them that mandate the dealer fee.

By chance there is proposed law going around the Florida House and Senate that will make dealer fees in Florida illegal just not soon enough to help us out.
I see you saw the same articles I found . It can't be all autonation dealers because they have dealerships in states where the fee is illegal and other states where they put a cap on it. I assume you did see where in FL it's illegal for them to charge one customer the fee but not another. But they surely can drop the price of the vehicle down $600.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #48
boswepw

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
I will post pictures soon, but thought I'd write a quick note on the experience yesterday of picking up my IMB RS Camaro. Everything was pretty typical until the financing stuff started and there was an extra $395 "protection package" tacked on. I refused to pay for it as my final order sheet and purchase price quote had all the taxes & fees and never mentioned the protection package addition. After about 20 minutes of the usual sales crap - "We add it to every car and it is not negotiable..." - the salesman said he was out of allocations and there were people willing to buy my car for $4000 over what I was paying. So, if I didn't want the car anymore he would sell it to someone on the waiting list and give me $2000 of the $4000; but, the $1500 down payment was not refundable! Bascially, he was going to give me $500 to walk away from the deal since I didn't want to pay for the crappy protection package. I actually thought long & hard about just walking away and just getting a Genesis coupe or 370Z, but I negotiated for some all-weather floor mats and trunk liner when they come in along with a couple of free oil changes and figured those would be close enough to the $395 profit package they were hawking. Other than that hassle everything went smooth & I'm finally driving my Camaro.
boswepw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:35 PM   #49
boswepw

BTW when I did the final order papers confirming the color & options being input to the factory I had to sign that the order was what I wanted. And, on that order sheet are the dealer invoice price and the MSRP price for the car and the options ordered. (I also checked to be sure the prices reflected the pre-order prices since everything went up just after March 16th.) Now, I can see how particular dealers may not see the signed order sheet as an actual contract; but, the signed order sheet with the final price of the car along with any verbal agreements on a MSRP sale will stand up in court in this state. I'm assuming everyone that pre-ordered had to come in and fill out (and sign) a final order sheet before the specified car order was released to the factory. I also know that won't keep them from trying to add dealer installed options but I still see the final order paperwork as a signed contract.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:11 PM   #50
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I can't wait until prices start coming down on these and people who ordered at MSRP start asking for 500.00 to 1K off MSRP when the car comes in because that will be the going rate. Just watch how all of a sudden the same agreement many dealers would not honor for many, all of a sudden becomes an iron clad contract that they don't want to let you out of.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #51
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswepw View Post
I will post pictures soon, but thought I'd write a quick note on the experience yesterday of picking up my IMB RS Camaro. Everything was pretty typical until the financing stuff started and there was an extra $395 "protection package" tacked on. I refused to pay for it as my final order sheet and purchase price quote had all the taxes & fees and never mentioned the protection package addition. After about 20 minutes of the usual sales crap - "We add it to every car and it is not negotiable..." - the salesman said he was out of allocations and there were people willing to buy my car for $4000 over what I was paying. So, if I didn't want the car anymore he would sell it to someone on the waiting list and give me $2000 of the $4000; but, the $1500 down payment was not refundable! Bascially, he was going to give me $500 to walk away from the deal since I didn't want to pay for the crappy protection package. I actually thought long & hard about just walking away and just getting a Genesis coupe or 370Z, but I negotiated for some all-weather floor mats and trunk liner when they come in along with a couple of free oil changes and figured those would be close enough to the $395 profit package they were hawking. Other than that hassle everything went smooth & I'm finally driving my Camaro.
Glad it all worked out for you!
Old 06-29-2009, 01:23 AM   #52
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Why does he keep saying "not this car?" "I'll sell you the car you want, but not this one." That's the one you ordered...he wouldn't have that car if you didn't order it...I must be missing something in his logic.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:07 AM   #53
boswepw

Thanks, I don't think the saleman really wanted to hijack my car so he could sell it for $4K more, but the dealership had to try something being they were out of allocations. I guess $395 is far, far less than others on this forum have had to deal with. BTW#2 this dealership has a silver 2SS for sale at $37500 (plus $395, LOL) because someone else cancelled their order/backed out.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #54
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
My dealer is charging 199.00 doc fee plus ttl, they add 199.00 to every car so I guess it's not that bad, although this is nothing new since I have bought there before
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #55
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
Why does he keep saying "not this car?" "I'll sell you the car you want, but not this one." That's the one you ordered...he wouldn't have that car if you didn't order it...I must be missing something in his logic.
Yup, I tried to ask him the same thing, and told him if I had not ordered it, it would not be there... he asked me who I was to talk to him that way...
An informed customer numb nutz!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #56
ParklandTracy

Drives: Camaros available
Come to New Mexico

Quote:
Question for the gang... I've learned (from other camaro5ers) that my dealer charges a dealer fee of $599. This was never brought up before so I plan on refusing to pay it. If it was like $100 or something I might just say whatever but an extra $600 of profit on top of MSRP is inexcusable. My car isn't here yet so I'm wondering how this is going to end up. Between this and the MSRP change, I know I'm going to have a fight on my hands. But combined we're talking a difference of $1000 and I'm not going to roll over for that kinda money. The fee is "legal" here in FL but doesn't mean I have to let them pull that crap. So am I out on a limb here or am I justified in my 'ummm no' thought? How much "fees" have other people been seeing?
Come to New Mexico we'll charge you double that. It's worth having the best car in years. Pay all the money and help the dealers and the economy. The more you pay the more tax the county gets and everyone is happy. You make me sick. Besides, your stubborness means that another more deserving person will be happy to pay and not complain...
ParklandTracy is offline   Reply With Quote