Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Raced agains a GTR and a Gallardo today

On a track of course.

I was doing my quad-yearly drivers-ed at roebling road in Pooler(savannah) Georgia. Imagine my surprise when i see a Nissan GTR a lamborghini Gallardo and a 370 z lined up on the false grid in front of me.

I was racing in my dad's Cayman S (350 ish HP) and i was completely dumb founded at how slow around the track the GTR really was. i was pretty much running circles around it

OF COURSE im not saying its a slow car im just saying apparently the car isnt as easy to drive as most magazines claim to make it be.

EDIT* final final note. there was a Tesla there too, it was pretty cool to see in person! and it lasted the whole track day without having to charge!

Final note, surprisingly the owners of the two cars were not complete D-bags at all. (as is usually the case for the owners ive previously ran into).
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:56 AM   #2
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
On a track of course.

I was doing my quad-yearly drivers-ed at roebling road in Pooler(savannah) Georgia. Imagine my surprise when i see a Nissan GTR a lamborghini Gallardo and a 370 z lined up on the false grid in front of me.

I was racing in my dad's Cayman S (350 ish HP) and i was completely dumb founded at how slow around the track the GTR really was. i was pretty much running circles around it
OF COURSE im not saying its a slow car im just saying apparently the car isnt as easy to drive as most magazines claim to make it be.

EDIT* final final note. there was a Tesla there too, it was pretty cool to see in person! and it lasted the whole track day without having to charge!

Final note, surprisingly the owners of the two cars were not complete D-bags at all. (as is usually the case for the owners ive previously ran into).

The people just couldn't drive it definately wasn't the car. Glad you had fun tho'
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Metal Gear SS

Drives: 1987 Chevrolet Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing View Post
The people just couldn't drive it definately wasn't the car. Glad you had fun tho'
Still, must be pretty cool to see the GT-R in your rearview

Wow, I would love to see the Tesla in action
Metal Gear SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
I said that it was mostly the drivers fault. and it was definitely fun passing a GTR

the Tesla was all right i guess, it was not very fast compared to the company that it was tracking against

Today on my last run the nissan 370z's engine actually exploded. this occurred at the beginning of the straight so i cant even begin to imagine why that happened. all i know is nissan probably wont cover it.
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:09 AM   #6
Metal Gear SS

Drives: 1987 Chevrolet Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
I said that it was mostly the drivers fault. and it was definitely fun passing a GTR

the Tesla was all right i guess, it was not very fast compared to the company that it was tracking against

Today on my last run the nissan 370z's engine actually exploded. this occurred at the beginning of the straight so i cant even begin to imagine why that happened. all i know is nissan probably wont cover it.
The engine blew? Whaat? Must be first-batch glitches or something. Either way, that's something that shouldn't happen.
Metal Gear SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Gear SS View Post
The engine blew? Whaat? Must be first-batch glitches or something. Either way, that's something that shouldn't happen.
V6's shouldn't have that high of a redline in a relatively low-cost car either ...
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #8
ZNOLMT

Drives: Rally Yellow 2LT
The GT-R Driver probably couldn't handle the car. The Tesla roadster is a pretty car, I see them around here in SF all the time.
ZNOLMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNOLMT View Post
The GT-R Driver probably couldn't handle the car. The Tesla roadster is a pretty car, I see them around here in SF all the time.
They say that the new GTR is supposed to be pretty easy to drive hard, much to the annoyance of sports car enthusiasts who want to be the one who 'tames the beast'
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote