Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #1
Rented Glint

Drives: Inferno Orange 2LT
Scraping noise right side underhood

Hey guy, I'm actually terrified right now. I just rolled over 12k miles btw.

Anyway, when I start up the car (v6 2013 auto 2lt) the last two-three days and the first 2 minutes of idle there is a horrendous scraping noise. But once the car is warmed up and the rpm drops to normal the sound goes away. The scraping noise seems to be coming from the right side under the hood while you are sitting in the drivers seat.

I quick popped the good while it was making the scraping noise and it seems that the scraping is coming from something on the left side (standing facing the car with the good popped) and this little silver cylinder was making a whirring noise that went away as I was standing there.

Really afraid this is going to be a huge repair and I don't know the warrenty status and all. I don't have any mods though.

Thanks to anyone that responds!!!
Rented Glint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Take it to the dealer, you have a 3 yr bumper to bumper and 5 yr powertrain warranty. So I wouldn't sweat it as long as it does it every time and is duplicatible.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #3
Rented Glint

The problem is that the car has to cool overnight before it is cool enough to make the scraping noise at start again! The dealer is an 80 mile drive away and they will most probably tell me they can't duplicate as send me home ��
Old 03-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rented Glint View Post
Hey guy, I'm actually terrified right now. I just rolled over 12k miles btw.

Anyway, when I start up the car (v6 2013 auto 2lt) the last two-three days and the first 2 minutes of idle there is a horrendous scraping noise. But once the car is warmed up and the rpm drops to normal the sound goes away. The scraping noise seems to be coming from the right side under the hood while you are sitting in the drivers seat.

I quick popped the good while it was making the scraping noise and it seems that the scraping is coming from something on the left side (standing facing the car with the good popped) and this little silver cylinder was making a whirring noise that went away as I was standing there.

Really afraid this is going to be a huge repair and I don't know the warrenty status and all. I don't have any mods though.

Thanks to anyone that responds!!!
Sincere apologies to read of your vehicle concerns. I understand that you're seeking thoughts and opinions, but send me a message if you would like me to research the closest GM dealers from your zip code. I'd also be happy to provide any warranty information that you may be seeking. At the very least, feel free to PM me your VIN and I'll check my resources for any known issues.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
Rented Glint

PMed!