Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-17-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Help me read my Dyno sheet with belt slippage..........

So I rebuilt my engine and forged the internals.

Other than assembly I did it all myself and it went quite smoothly.

The car made 550 ish torque and power on a dynojet at Vengeance before the comp cam wore down and out.

Forged the internals and put new valves and valvetrain in. Only real changes is the cam size (just a tad bigger) and lowered the compression from 10.4:1 to 10.1:1 so not much change there.

Everything else is the same but I am not producing the power I expected. Mainly because I can't get the belt to hold. As you can see on the dyno sheet.

I am putting some Cog pulleys and belt in back of the supercharger this evening and will take it to get dynoed as I was told that he could not tune for anything above 5k rpms because of the belt slippage.

My questions are:
Given that the torque peaked well before the belt slippage WELL below the number I expected with the OD pulley set does that not mean that the torque was accurate since the belt had not slipped yet?

He said it won't go past 8psi because of belt slippage. Is the belt slipping the whole time but giving entirely at 5k?

If so the torque is much less than I was expecting with the pulley sizes I'm using. I'd expect 8psi to be about what the torque shows but if the belt hadn't slipped earlier then it should have created slippage right away, no?

I should boost to 12 psi with this set. The dips make me think it is slipping the whole time. No?

I have no way of knowing if it's the front or rear belt so I went with the cheaper of the two and will find out on the dyno but the low torque bothers me here.

Name:  XXX first dyno trip.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  132.8 KB
Old 01-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Let me simplify that a little.

The way I read this it shows that even if the belt hadn't slipped I wasn't going to create much more power anyway.

Right?
Old 01-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #3
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
With the same compression difference between the L99 and the LS3 that you have by going 10.1. You lost prox. 26 hp....the same difference between L99 and LS3.. Nothing to do with your question,just an observation
Old 01-19-2015, 12:37 AM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
With the same compression difference between the L99 and the LS3 that you have by going 10.1. You lost prox. 26 hp....the same difference between L99 and LS3.. Nothing to do with your question,just an observation
True if it were n/a.

But it allows for me to run more boosted air. Or more total compression after the squeeze. Should equal more power. Unless I am mistaken.

I'd think that with less compression I could add more air at the same boost level. Of course I'd have to spin the blower faster which is my problem.