Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #15
Bargeratt

Drives: ZL1, Rally Yellow
The 5 spoke rims pop my Rally yellow. I think the black 10 spoke would of killed it. My thought only
Bargeratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #16
ZL1-Camaro

Drives: Black M6 2013
Powder coated 5 spoke here it was 850 for the dealer to do it .
Attached Images

ZL1-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #17
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-Camaro View Post
That.......looks good!
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #18
JWR046

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
Just have to chime in as an aluminum wheel ZL1 owner. Nothing wrong with black, but it was a deal breaker for me if they couldnt find one with aluminum wheels. To each his own.
+1. I really like the polished also. Love the design. Black looks good but like stated everyone has favorites.Black wheels gives the car a sinister look when triple black without question.
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #19
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Hopefully he is able to do the wheel swap for you. As for looking for another ZL1...best of luck. They are hard to find in Canada as usually any of them that are available are sold in short order or are already sold before they get to the dealer.

What dealership are you buying from? Maybe check out Sherwood Park Chevrolet if you are not buying from them already. They are probably your best bet as they move a lot of Camaro's...especially ZL1's.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
mhoskins76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #20
BengalZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
My salesman is a car enthusiast himself, he sent me a message telling me Sherwood park has one and that he doesn't wanna lose my business but he wants to do the right thing. Hopefully I can get something definitive today.
BengalZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #21
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
my car came with the polished...wasnt thrilled about them but was just happy to get the car. after about 6 months or so i finally got a set of the black wheels and i think they make a huge difference! really makes the car IMO
Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #22
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Man, that is super sharp! It actually look better than the ten spoke black wheels. How did you do the calipers in red? That is sharp also, I would be very interested in getting my calipers in Red.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #23
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
Black wheels make the zl1, other ones make it look like a regular ss imo.
I have never had anyone think that my wheels are stock SS wheels. In fact when I bought my ZL1 people thought I had just bought new rims for my SS. It was the only thing they noticed.

Also I have seen a ton of the black rims on non ZL1 cars. You could say the black rims make the car look like a 1LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
Just have to chime in as an aluminum wheel ZL1 owner. Nothing wrong with black, but it was a deal breaker for me if they couldnt find one with aluminum wheels. To each his own.
I was the same. All black to me was too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
I will think about it. There are more triple black ZL1's than I can shake a stick at around here.
In the Camaro club I belong to there is 3 black ZL1s and mine is the only one with Polished rims. I met a guy over the weekend with a black ZL1.... black wheels too. So far I have yet to see another black ZL1 with polished on the street. Of all the ZL1s I have seen on the street most have the black rims so I like the polished.... makes the car a little different.

To the OP. Another option is to buy the aftermarket clone black wheels. Price is not bad and they are easier to get. I was considering a set for drag radials.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292326

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258793

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #24
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:

Old 06-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #25
rjansen

Drives: '72 GTO, '94 Cadillac, 2012 IOM ZL1
Aluminum Wheels

When my dealer did a 'dealer trade' to get me a 2010 SS/RS, it came with the painted siver wheels. I wanted the optional polished wheels. I asked if they could swap out the wheels with a car they had in stock. They checked and said they couldn't because GM would not warranty the wheels then. Luckily, I was able to find a set of the polished wheels for sale at a reasonable price on the forum. I had no problem selling the painted wheels--at a minor loss.
rjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #26
ZL1 Spoked

Drives: Camaro ZL1
[QUOTE=BlackinBlack;6689070]I have never had anyone think that my wheels are stock SS wheels. In fact when I bought my ZL1 people thought I had just bought new rims for my SS. It was the only thing they noticed.

Also I have seen a ton of the black rims on non ZL1 cars. You could say the black rims make the car look like a 1LE.

Theres a reason the black wheels go for over 4000 and the polished can barely get 2. They aren't well liked by MOST of the community, likely because they make the car look like an SS. Most people wouldn't want to pay 900 extra for worse looking wheels but thats just popular opinion.

604 RWHP 602 LBS/TQ
ZL1 Spoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #27
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
Theres a reason the black wheels go for over 4000 and the polished can barely get 2. They aren't well liked by MOST of the community, likely because they make the car look like an SS. Most people wouldn't want to pay 900 extra for worse looking wheels but thats just popular opinion.
Really trying to sell the SS rim thing. In the nine months I have had my car I have never had anyone think it was an SS or the rims were from an SS. I have received compliments on the rims and have been asked if the rims are aftermarket as they have only seen the black ones on a ZL1. This is at car shows and others in the Camaro club I belong to. So the opinion of this forum is not the end all be all of opinions.

The black ZL1 rims are popular because right now because black rims of any kind are popular. Check the aftermarket and other car makes beyond the Camaro. Tons of black rims. Heck a ton of people are power coating the stock RS rims black.... then there is the plastic dip guys.... more black.

Don't believe me? Just this post alone. The ZL1 5 Spokes powered coated black...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
That.......looks good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
Man, that is super sharp! It actually look better than the ten spoke black wheels. How did you do the calipers in red? That is sharp also, I would be very interested in getting my calipers in Red.

Black rims are the hot trend. That is why they are popular.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #28
BengalZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
** update**

So I went to another dealership first thing this morning, all the black zl1's were spoken for. I realized they were now offering 0% till the 22 or 23 I think. I am leaving for work outta town today so if I didn't pull the trigger today it would have been a costly decision. I am proud to say I am the new owner of a 2013 Orange ZL1 (w/ my black ten spokes of course!)
BengalZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote