Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
I just have this to say about ZL-1 forum members

While I have only been apart of camaro5 for a short period of time,I would like to say that I have notice that there seems to be a lack of members that are the normal rude and sometimes mean to each other for no other reason than to just act childish. While i am sure it has happened I spend 85% of my time talking about the ZL1 specific topics, I would like to say thank you to those members for the help,and to those I have helped i am glad to do so.
I have spent time in other forums and it just seems people go on line there just to find something to fight about and be rude to each other as a sport or a pastime instead of trying to find a reason to help or solve a particular issue that may of been at hand. anyway I just wanted to put this out there,that it has been a really good experience so far here on this part of the forum,and enjoy your ZL1 today if you driving it,as winter is on its way again..

Last edited by gen=5; 10-04-2013 at 09:21 AM. Reason: .
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
I have noticed the same here. Corvette Forum is the same as this. You go over to ls1tech completely different story. I only go there now to go shopping.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
Matt@510
Account Suspended

Drives: c6 vette cam & full bolt-ons
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
I have noticed the same here. Corvette Forum is the same as this. You go over to ls1tech completely different story. I only go there now to go shopping.

i agree, most everyone here is nice and trys to be helpful.
Matt@510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
gen=5

Yes I have seen the same at Ls1 tech.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
While I have only been apart of camaro5 for a short period of time,I would like to say that I have notice that there seems to be a lack of members that are the normal rude and sometimes mean to each other for no other reason than to just act childish. While i am sure it has happened I spend 85% of my time talking about the ZL1 specific topics, I would like to say thank you to those members for the help,and to those I have helped i am glad to do so.
I have spend time in other forums and it just seems people go on line there just to find something to fight about and be rude to each other as a sport or a pastime instead of trying to find a reason to help or solve a particular issue that may of been at hand. anyway I just wanted to put this out there,that it has been a really good experience so far here on this part of the forum,and enjoy your ZL1 today if you driving it,as winter is on its way again..
Thank you....lol and I agree. I have been so appreciative of the things I have learned from others on here. I will also say that this site is moderated very well (thank you moderators). I also will say I appreciate that some of the tuning shop guys that work on these cars all day long will on occasion help out us guys that in comparison have very little experience on some of these issues.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I think we owe a debt of gratitude to our MODERATORS -

The thing that sets this forum apart from most others is the fact that our Moderators will call people out - including a 'time-out' and then an outright ban when people act badly.

The internet is a two edged sword - we can get so much info and entertainment from it.........BUT..........it is going to be the undoing of a civilized society.

The language that people use alone is ............well -- reprehensible.

That's why I no longer frequent a number of sites - i will not tolerate people who seem to compete to see who can come up with the worst insult or worst language.

Long live Camaro5!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
I agree with all the above. Thank you!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
Hot Tamales

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
Old 10-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
i agree! the camaro5 community is friendly and helpful to say the very least
Old 10-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
toddsZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM#1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I think we owe a debt of gratitude to our MODERATORS -

The thing that sets this forum apart from most others is the fact that our Moderators will call people out - including a 'time-out' and then an outright ban when people act badly.

The internet is a two edged sword - we can get so much info and entertainment from it.........BUT..........it is going to be the undoing of a civilized society.

The language that people use alone is ............well -- reprehensible.

That's why I no longer frequent a number of sites - i will not tolerate people who seem to compete to see who can come up with the worst insult or worst language.

Long live Camaro5!
Well said
toddsZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I agree! This is a great forum, and we try to keep the peace as much as possible. But honestly, a lot of our members are very good at helping eachother out. Not everybody knows how to run a computer, or fix an engine, or knows jack shit about the camaro they purchased, but we have plenty of members that are willing to help them out. Without them, Camaro5 would be nothing. It's the helpful members of this forum that I enjoy talking with the most. Nobody forces them to help, but they still do. This is for them!

I'll just stand here in the back and keep the loud guy outside of the bar!
Old 10-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
boondocksaint
Cartoon Maus

Drives: White ZL1, Chevroyota Prizolla
Having moderated another car site for a few years, I can say this particular nook of the forum seems more focused on solutions and less focused on needless criticism. I do think it has something to do with the price of entry, as other forums dedicated to somewhat expensive cars (P-cars, for instance), seem more civil and respectful.

My mod days were busy...
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #13
Jer4251
Camaro Addict

Drives: too many
Trailblazer SS site I go to is full of younger jackasses. really no point even looking for info on there. some of this site can get that way, but here in the ZL1 section is usually more helpful people, willing to help instead of make fun or insult other people. I like it here. Im not even old either. I like to have some fun but not to the point it makes others mad
1992 Z28 Z03 L98
2018 Sierra Denali 6.2
1997 Z28 Z4C
1995 Z28
Jer4251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #14
gen=5

I think a lot of it has to do with the cost of the ZL1 and other high end cars forums sites.not meaning to take away from a ss or anything,but young kids (jack A***)as the other member stated just have no real reason to be in this forum...