Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-08-2016, 02:58 PM   #57
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by failshift View Post
Couple hundred HP. And 1LE trans and Diff shorten them up real quick. Lol
Yea - a 3.91 or 4.33 is on my short list for next seasons mods for sure. I'd love to have the 1LE gearset, but the cost prices it right off the option list for me. Better off looking for a 1LE at some point.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:05 PM   #58
failshift
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Yea - a 3.91 or 4.33 is on my short list for next seasons mods for sure. I'd love to have the 1LE gearset, but the cost prices it right off the option list for me. Better off looking for a 1LE at some point.

More cost effective to buy a whole 1LE pumpkin than pay/do a gear swap really
failshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #59
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-...parts-failure/ just to answer one question ....
Old 09-09-2016, 12:47 AM   #60
Tristahn
2011 2SS LS3 Auto

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Im going to answer the original question, will a boosted L99 keep up with an LS3 car. You can see from my signature that this car still has the auto trans but with the cam it became an LS3. I too wanted a stick because I love to shift but wives have a funny way of getting involved in that decision and we bought the auto. So the car has gone through many phases one of which was the headers, CAI ZL1 pump and the maggie kit. Yes it was killing LS3s even with 480 RWHP on 91. The trans is very efficient, you don't have massive power losses anymore through the automatics and in traffic I love it. In my opinion when you read the HP numbers on LS3s vs L99s its because of the displacement on demand features and the variable valve timing and special lifters. I believe all that stuff is what knocks down the HP and gives the autos the reputation of being slower. Now with where I'm at now (675 RWHP) I'm at the limit of the stock auto trans. The manuals will hold more HP with mods BUT if you drag race the car get ready for an axle snapping party. To preserve axles under power you gotta really be good with the clutch. The auto delivers the power smoothly off the line. In hindsight I'm super happy with the auto and occasionally I paddle shift it but it's no where near as fun as a clutch in the twisties.
Rotofab CAI, Magnuson TVS 2300 & OD cog, L99> now LS3 with custom cam, 1000 cc injectors for E85, flexfuel & secondary fuel pump, ZL1 tank fuel pump, ADM FPCM, Kooks LT headers with high-flow cats, Magnaflow 3" exhaust, catch can, Alkycontrol methanol system, Z28 wheels with Nitto NT05 tires, BMR cradle bushings, sway bars, trailing arms, adjustable toe rods, end links, lower control arms, and 1.25 drop springs, Aero force gauge, wideband sensor gauge in two-hole pillar pod.
E85 - 675 HP/643 Tq & 91 - 604 HP/579 Tq, 10.6s ET on MT slicks at 132 mph.
Tristahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:48 AM   #61
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
dont think our opinion matters here,

want a stick car get one...

anyone else think the same thing?????

revived is offline   Reply With Quote