Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
daygo1966

Drives: 2011 SS/RS NicKey Stage II #36
Tire Monitoring System question

I know there's been several threads about this question....I still can't get my tire monitor to reset and learn to my car. I had new wheels put on it along with the suspension changed. Does the suspension have something to do with it?

This is driving me crazy! Any hints....I guess maybe I have to break down an take it to the GM Garage....

Any thoughts would be helpful!
daygo1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
I just mounted new custom wheels and tires, with new GM sensors. I had trouble getting my system into the "Learn" mode. I tried about 5 times with no luck, then just randomly turned the iginition off and on a few times and tried again and Viola! It worked. One time through the process is all it took, and so far, I've had no problems with any of the sensors losing their setting. (knock on wood)
Old 04-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
TAPSHIFT

Drives: '11 IBM 2SS/RS '16 1GB Z51 ragtop
TPMS

Did you get the correct TPMS's? There are two different frequencies available. The correct GM part number is 12768826 I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygo1966 View Post
I know there's been several threads about this question....I still can't get my tire monitor to reset and learn to my car. I had new wheels put on it along with the suspension changed. Does the suspension have something to do with it?

This is driving me crazy! Any hints....I guess maybe I have to break down an take it to the GM Garage....

Any thoughts would be helpful!
TAPSHIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #4
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
monitors could be damaged from install. Go to the dealer.
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
When you say you are unable to get it to learn, what is/is not happening? When you put it into learn mode, do you get the honk of the horn to signify it IS in learn mode? Is the LF parking light on to signify the start of the procedure?
Do you let air out or add air? If you are letting it out, you should use something that can allow the schrader valve to be fully depressed so the air is let out quickly (this helps the system recognize the change in pressure better).

When you finish the RR do you get the double honk to confirm the completion of the relearn process? It can take a full minute or more for the DIC to start to register the pressures and some have had to drive the car for a bit...
Old 04-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
TPMS has nothing to do with suspension mods.

Did you use GM sensors? If not, that is likely the problem. The Camaro system seems very picky about which sensors are used.

Also, is the relearn process not starting, or is it that you can't get them to read the sensors once it starts? Make sure your parking brake is up. I found that on my 2011 convertible, it didn't give me a "reset" option on the tire pressure screen. I had to hold down the reset button on the stalk a few seconds, then it went into relearn option mode. My 2010 coupe had the option to reset on the screen (with parking brake up).

Tony